It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 am 

Using CBS Prospect Rankings for slotting. Assuming Steelers pick between 22-32 in each round, not bothering with compensatory picks.

1. Shilique Calhoun, OLB, Michigan State
2. Spencer Drango, OT, Baylor
3. Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
4. Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State
After this point I'm pretty much clueless about the guys I'm listing
5. David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa
6. Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford
7. Darius Kilgo, DT, Maryland

Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:24 pm 

I love these ones too. I'll play.

Ron Stanley LT Notre Dame
Markus Golden OLB Missouri
Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest
Jordan Richards SS Stanford
Corey Crawford DE Clemson
James Vaughters OLB Stanford
Blake Bell TE Oklahoma

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:48 pm 

Have the Steelers at 26, give or take. Tried hard to stay true to it. Only jumped outside once.

1) Gerrod Holliman, FS, 'Ville. Jumps off the screen. We've all discussed already. Need meets talent. Secondary needs ballhawks, defense needs playmakers.
2) Markus Golden, OLB, Mizzou. Tape looks very good in the three games I saw. If the explosion numbers bear it out, I'm on board.
3) Clive Walford, TE, The U. Not the blocker Heath Miller was, or is. Good receiver hampered by average/bad QB play. Injury risk, but so was Heath coming out. We all get our receiving TE.
4) Eric Rowe, CB, Utah. Along with Gaines, 'Ville, one of my favorite CBs in the draft. Another playmaker. Might involve a middling trade up, at this point.
5) Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH). Basketball conversion. Raw athlete. Ball skills, and untapped potential. Looked him up, saw the story, saw the highlights, watched Cincinnati and Michigan games, and I'm on board. Will be watching throughout the process. After all, what's the best way to cover ex-bball TEs and WRs?
6) Terrance McGee, RB, LSU. Undervalued because of emergence of Fournette. Looked good vs. UF and Ole Miss, El Stinko vs. Alabama. Good power that I saw, bowling ball frame, and extremely low miles.
7) Devin Smith, WR, tOSU. Gets deep, makes the circus catch with uncommon regularity, fights for the ball in the air, and, like all the tOSU WRs since Meyer, blocks getting off the bus. Drama's guy, and definitely my obligatory Buckeye. Steal this late.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:55 am 

Nice one Ice.
Pick mid 20's Steelers resign Worlids. Troy retires, or gets cut, Taylor, Cam Thomas, Moore, Keisel, Deebo gone.

1.FS HOLLIMAN LOUISVILLE move Mitchell to strong safety.
2.CB CARTER STANFORD
3.LT SAMBRAILO COLORADO STATE
4a.CB NELSON OREGON STATE
4b.RB JOHNSON IOWA STATE
5.DE ANDERSON STANFORD
6.WR-KR-PR JONES ALA
7.TE ANDERSON SOUTH CAR

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:13 am 

Good picks. I need to watch David Johnson in his bowl game. His press clippings have him sounding a lot like DJ Johnson to me, but I only watched a highlight video. Seems like folks like him, so definitely worth a look. Carter and Nelson definitely solid. Carter really strikes me as a Steelers CB. Had Anderson in the 5th initially, as well.

I'm starting to like the middle round depth in this CB class already, and I haven't even delved into the B2B State entrants yet.

Will have to look at Sambrailo in his bowl game, too. My recent Steelers experience has made me very caveat emptor on Top 100 OT picks. LT a definite need, though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:44 am 

I think Sambrailo is a RT only in the NFL. Has trouble with speed rushers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:28 pm 

I initially was going to go DE Carl Davis from Iowa think he'd be a perfect Steelers DE for the 3rd round pick,, then OLB in the 5th.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:19 pm 

I'll play. Assuming the Steelers pick in the 20-22 range:

1.Stanley OT Notre Dame
2. Darb y CB FSU
3. Harris SS UVa
4. Heuerman TE OSU
5. Williams RB FSU
6. who cares
7. who cares..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:50 pm 

Mr. Demarr, we're getting Heuermanned again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 pm 

Ice wrote:
Good picks. I need to watch David Johnson in his bowl game. His press clippings have him sounding a lot like DJ Johnson to me, but I only watched a highlight video. Seems like folks like him, so definitely worth a look. Carter and Nelson definitely solid. Carter really strikes me as a Steelers CB. Had Anderson in the 5th initially, as well.

I'm starting to like the middle round depth in this CB class already, and I haven't even delved into the B2B State entrants yet.

Will have to look at Sambrailo in his bowl game, too. My recent Steelers experience has made me very caveat emptor on Top 100 OT picks. LT a definite need, though.

I just plugged Johnson in my mock because he was a RB listed in the range where I figured a RB would be a good pick.

Looking at his measurables on nfldraftscout.com he's about the same size as Bell with pretty good speed (4.46 projected).

He runs a little upright for my liking, based on my extremely brief viewing of his junior highlight tape, but looks to have pretty good vision and agility at least in comparison to the FCS defenders he's going against.