It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 3565
Using CBS Prospect Rankings for slotting. Assuming Steelers pick between 22-32 in each round, not bothering with compensatory picks.

1. Shilique Calhoun, OLB, Michigan State
2. Spencer Drango, OT, Baylor
3. Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
4. Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State
After this point I'm pretty much clueless about the guys I'm listing
5. David Johnson, RB, Northern Iowa
6. Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford
7. Darius Kilgo, DT, Maryland


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14251
I love these ones too. I'll play.

Ron Stanley LT Notre Dame
Markus Golden OLB Missouri
Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest
Jordan Richards SS Stanford
Corey Crawford DE Clemson
James Vaughters OLB Stanford
Blake Bell TE Oklahoma


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Have the Steelers at 26, give or take. Tried hard to stay true to it. Only jumped outside once.

1) Gerrod Holliman, FS, 'Ville. Jumps off the screen. We've all discussed already. Need meets talent. Secondary needs ballhawks, defense needs playmakers.
2) Markus Golden, OLB, Mizzou. Tape looks very good in the three games I saw. If the explosion numbers bear it out, I'm on board.
3) Clive Walford, TE, The U. Not the blocker Heath Miller was, or is. Good receiver hampered by average/bad QB play. Injury risk, but so was Heath coming out. We all get our receiving TE.
4) Eric Rowe, CB, Utah. Along with Gaines, 'Ville, one of my favorite CBs in the draft. Another playmaker. Might involve a middling trade up, at this point.
5) Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH). Basketball conversion. Raw athlete. Ball skills, and untapped potential. Looked him up, saw the story, saw the highlights, watched Cincinnati and Michigan games, and I'm on board. Will be watching throughout the process. After all, what's the best way to cover ex-bball TEs and WRs?
6) Terrance McGee, RB, LSU. Undervalued because of emergence of Fournette. Looked good vs. UF and Ole Miss, El Stinko vs. Alabama. Good power that I saw, bowling ball frame, and extremely low miles.
7) Devin Smith, WR, tOSU. Gets deep, makes the circus catch with uncommon regularity, fights for the ball in the air, and, like all the tOSU WRs since Meyer, blocks getting off the bus. Drama's guy, and definitely my obligatory Buckeye. Steal this late.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 903
Nice one Ice.
Pick mid 20's Steelers resign Worlids. Troy retires, or gets cut, Taylor, Cam Thomas, Moore, Keisel, Deebo gone.

1.FS HOLLIMAN LOUISVILLE move Mitchell to strong safety.
2.CB CARTER STANFORD
3.LT SAMBRAILO COLORADO STATE
4a.CB NELSON OREGON STATE
4b.RB JOHNSON IOWA STATE
5.DE ANDERSON STANFORD
6.WR-KR-PR JONES ALA
7.TE ANDERSON SOUTH CAR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Good picks. I need to watch David Johnson in his bowl game. His press clippings have him sounding a lot like DJ Johnson to me, but I only watched a highlight video. Seems like folks like him, so definitely worth a look. Carter and Nelson definitely solid. Carter really strikes me as a Steelers CB. Had Anderson in the 5th initially, as well.

I'm starting to like the middle round depth in this CB class already, and I haven't even delved into the B2B State entrants yet.

Will have to look at Sambrailo in his bowl game, too. My recent Steelers experience has made me very caveat emptor on Top 100 OT picks. LT a definite need, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3196
I think Sambrailo is a RT only in the NFL. Has trouble with speed rushers

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 903
I initially was going to go DE Carl Davis from Iowa think he'd be a perfect Steelers DE for the 3rd round pick,, then OLB in the 5th.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 am
Posts: 306
I'll play. Assuming the Steelers pick in the 20-22 range:

1.Stanley OT Notre Dame
2. Darb y CB FSU
3. Harris SS UVa
4. Heuerman TE OSU
5. Williams RB FSU
6. who cares
7. who cares..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Mr. Demarr, we're getting Heuermanned again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 3565
Ice wrote:
Good picks. I need to watch David Johnson in his bowl game. His press clippings have him sounding a lot like DJ Johnson to me, but I only watched a highlight video. Seems like folks like him, so definitely worth a look. Carter and Nelson definitely solid. Carter really strikes me as a Steelers CB. Had Anderson in the 5th initially, as well.

I'm starting to like the middle round depth in this CB class already, and I haven't even delved into the B2B State entrants yet.

Will have to look at Sambrailo in his bowl game, too. My recent Steelers experience has made me very caveat emptor on Top 100 OT picks. LT a definite need, though.


I just plugged Johnson in my mock because he was a RB listed in the range where I figured a RB would be a good pick.

Looking at his measurables on nfldraftscout.com he's about the same size as Bell with pretty good speed (4.46 projected).

He runs a little upright for my liking, based on my extremely brief viewing of his junior highlight tape, but looks to have pretty good vision and agility at least in comparison to the FCS defenders he's going against.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
When a guy named David Johnson has the word(s?) h-back attached to them from a couple of different outlets, I worry a little, but just like OTs in rounds 2 and 3, might just be fear of past failures.

The drama with tOSU this season caused me to get a little more wrapped up in the Big 10 than usual this year. Looking forward to the holiday break for the bowls at this point.

Edit : I hadn't seen that 40 time linked with Johnson before. I have to see some game, but more interested now than I was.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 3565
Ice wrote:
When a guy named David Johnson has the word(s?) h-back attached to them from a couple of different outlets, I worry a little, but just like OTs in rounds 2 and 3, might just be fear of past failures.

The drama with tOSU this season caused me to get a little more wrapped up in the Big 10 than usual this year. Looking forward to the holiday break for the bowls at this point.

Edit : I hadn't seen that 40 time linked with Johnson before. I have to see some game, but more interested now than I was.


Unless he gained a lot of weight since his junior year, the H-back projections seem to be coming out of left field. Draftnik Central has his 40 projected at 4.57 and says he's invited to the Senior Bowl. CBS compares him to Charles Sims and for some reason has former Steeler David Johnson's photo in its profile of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
The Pierogi wrote:
Ice wrote:
When a guy named David Johnson has the word(s?) h-back attached to them from a couple of different outlets, I worry a little, but just like OTs in rounds 2 and 3, might just be fear of past failures.

The drama with tOSU this season caused me to get a little more wrapped up in the Big 10 than usual this year. Looking forward to the holiday break for the bowls at this point.

Edit : I hadn't seen that 40 time linked with Johnson before. I have to see some game, but more interested now than I was.


Unless he gained a lot of weight since his junior year, the H-back projections seem to be coming out of left field. Draftnik Central has his 40 projected at 4.57 and says he's invited to the Senior Bowl. CBS compares him to Charles Sims and for some reason has former Steeler David Johnson's photo in its profile of him.


Perhaps that's the subconscious cause of my worries.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14251
Trae Waynes CB 6'1 183 Michigan State
Cody Prewitt FS 6'2 217 Ole Miss
Eli Harold OLB 6'4 235 Virginia
Eric Rowe CB 6'1 201 Utah
David Johnson RB 6'2 229 Northern Iowa
Henery Anderson DE 6'6 290 Stanford
Rory Anderson TE 6'5 227 South Carolina


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 am
Posts: 1391
I like the draft, Pierogi.

I'm higher on Calhoun then the expert opinion is to this point. Really, really strong at the point for his size, instictive leverage player, smooth transition to pass rush from run defense. I also really like Johnson and Anderson as well.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/massappealrecs/close-your-eyes-and-count-to-fuck-feat-zack-de-la-rocha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Since Gerrod Holliman sucks now...
and I'm sticking with mostly defense...
Steelers pick around 24th...

1) Marcus Peters, CB, Wazzou: Height/weight/speed. Film I saw looked pretty good, though admittedly I was mostly watching for the next guy...
2) Hauoli Kikaha, OLB, Wazzou: Yeah, this guy is damn good. I need to watch more PAC-10 ball.
3) Chris Gaines, CB, Louisville: He really does have a lot of what the Steelers look for in a corner, from the games I saw.
4) Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford: I like heady players and leadership. He isn't the best athlete, from what measurables are out there, but those might change come combine. Didn't take a lot of false steps, though. I liked that.
5) Adrian Amos, FS, PSU. About the same as above, but I saw him in a few more games than Richards. He played well in a couple of big games, and was a leader on a surprisingly good PSU defense. I won't say Darren Perry, but...
6) Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford: A good-sized body for 34 DE. If you liked Josh Mauro...
7) Devin Smith, WR, tOSU.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 903
Can't see them taking a head case that was kicked off the team. The way good players are coddled this guy must be a complete ass hat.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14251
Word is Peters has issues with college coaching and team members. Why draft a selfish immature head case? Agree with cop, No Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 869
Ice wrote:
Since Gerrod Holliman sucks now...
and I'm sticking with mostly defense...
Steelers pick around 24th...

1) Marcus Peters, CB, Wazzou: Height/weight/speed. Film I saw looked pretty good, though admittedly I was mostly watching for the next guy...
2) Hauoli Kikaha, OLB, Wazzou: Yeah, this guy is damn good. I need to watch more PAC-10 ball.
3) Chris Gaines, CB, Louisville: He really does have a lot of what the Steelers look for in a corner, from the games I saw.
4) Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford: I like heady players and leadership. He isn't the best athlete, from what measurables are out there, but those might change come combine. Didn't take a lot of false steps, though. I liked that.
5) Adrian Amos, FS, PSU. About the same as above, but I saw him in a few more games than Richards. He played well in a couple of big games, and was a leader on a surprisingly good PSU defense. I won't say Darren Perry, but...
6) Henry Anderson, DE, Stanford: A good-sized body for 34 DE. If you liked Josh Mauro...
7) Devin Smith, WR, tOSU.

Ice I think its fantastic. A completely rebuilt secondary, a pass rusher, and my favorite buckeye wr.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:36 am
Posts: 1391
Peters allegedly tried to choke an assistant coach- Twice.

_________________
https://soundcloud.com/massappealrecs/close-your-eyes-and-count-to-fuck-feat-zack-de-la-rocha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4927
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
You could swap in the CB from Oregon for Peters if the combine interviews are unkind, and not lose too much. I didn't like the 5'9" aspect.

Waynes was ranked a little higher than where I had the Steelers drafting.

As long as Smith remains this underrated, Drama, I'll be pimping him all the way through the process.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No Sleep Mock
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 3565
straightoutofClemson wrote:
I like the draft, Pierogi.

I'm higher on Calhoun then the expert opinion is to this point. Really, really strong at the point for his size, instictive leverage player, smooth transition to pass rush from run defense. I also really like Johnson and Anderson as well.


I liked what I saw of him when Michigan State and Nebraska played. I was keyed in on Calhoun and Randy Gregory every time I was able to actually pay attention to the game for a few minutes at a time.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group