It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Who are your top 10 in the playoff race?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:22 am 

The TCU people would still be bitching, Hack. I'm not sure that you don't just throw the remaining berths to the three best "at large" teams, if you're going with the 8 team format. No way would I rather see Marshall, Memphis or Boise in ahead of TCU this season, for instance. Aside from the fact that it includes the Big 12, I don't see how that 8 team format is any better than the 4 team current structure, at least when it comes to generating an actual National Champion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:15 pm 

I heard an interview with the President on the College playoffs and he said they will go to eight teams in the future because of the money and the PR . The interviewer was stunned that he would suggest it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:49 pm 

jebrick wrote:
I heard an interview with the President on the College playoffs and he said they will go to eight teams in the future because of the money and the PR . The interviewer was stunned that he would suggest it.

Pretty sure at least one league comish has put it on the record, and it wasn't the Big 12, so there's two at least in favor of the format. I can't argue. It probably makes the most sense of any alternative. If you scheduled the "first round" during the first part of Bowl Week, pre-New Year's, it would probably give a bump to some of the minor bowl games running around the same time, just because of the increased chatter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8