It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hair On Fire
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:19 pm 

2T) Dexter Lawrence- 6'4 342 DT Clemson- Trade down into the very earliest portion of rd 2 and steal the beast who will make it all go for my new "Hair on Fire" style of defense that I would like to see implemented by whoever is actually in charge of running the defense for the 2019 Pittsburgh Steelers.

2) Taylor Rapp 6'0 208 S Washington- Hoping for a slide to day 2 after his 4.7 40. Daniel Jeremiah told me that according to NFL Research, 4.63 is the slowest 40 time for a safety drafted in the first round since 2003. Either Troy Polamalu was a lot slower than I thought or DJ and NFL Research might want to do a little more research.

2T) Chase Winovich 6'3 256 EDGE Michigan- When I first saw this kid interviewed on GMFB, I thought 'ol Chase was dropped on his head as a baby. STFU and let the lovely Kaye Adams talk! Anyway, turns out I was half right. As a junior in high school, Winovich slipped on a trash bag on his front step and suffered a fractured skull and subdural hematoma. Despite his poor decision to attend U of M, I'm glad he survived the fall since he's going to be a key piece of my "Hair on Fire" style of defense.

3T) Vosean Joseph 6'1 230 LB Florida- I don't think this selection necessarily qualifies as an example of groupthink since there are so few day 2 linebackers to choose from. I only hope this kid is on TomBert's radar since I have yet to see any news of the Steelers meeting with him.

3) J.J. Arcega-Whiteside 6'2 225 WR Stanford- Caught my attention after running a 4.46 at his Pro Day to go along with his well documented red-zone ability. The son of two former basketball players, this kid led this draft class with 19 contested catches this past season on only 32 contested opportunities. J.J. and JuJu would be a likeable, high character combo, sure to be revered by Steelers fans both young and old.

3T) Zach Allen 6'4 281 DE Boston College- Another key addition to my new "Hair on Fire" style of defense. A relentless tackling machine that joined Stanford defensive tackle Harrison Phillips as the only FBS defensive linemen to hit triple digits in tackles during his stellar junior season.

4) Justice Hill 5'10 198 RB Oklahoma St- Doesn't play defense but runs like his hair is on fire. Would add some much needed "juice" to the backfield.

6T) Josh Oliver 6'5 249 TE San Jose St- Traded away some of my day 3 draft picks to make some not so well thought out moves on day 2 but wanted to keep you posted on the Steelers' pre-draft visitors. Recruited as an edge rusher so here we have a raw, athletic, pass catcher that will need plenty of coaching...oh wait.

6) Ben Burr-Kirven 6'0 230 LB Washington- The definition of playing the game with your hair on fire. Surprised he's not bald. Hyper aggressive tackling machine credited with 94 solo stops this past season. Like Winovich and Allen, will inspire others with their leadership and relentless, never quit, style of play.

6T) Stephen Denmark 6'3 220 CB Valdosta St- Another Pre-draft visitor. Yes I live in Georgia. Hell no I've never seen a Valdosta St game. This athletic marvel is also a ferocious tackler so if he pans out he too will fit the "Hair on Fire" premise of this mock.

7) Dionte Johnson 5'10 183 Playmaker Toledo- Has "lookout" talent with the ball in his hands. Instant excitement capable of scoring from anywhere on the field scoring touchdowns of 80 (receiving), 83 (punt return) and 98 (kick return) in 2018.

Thanks as always for reading. Chaos mock where I traded down from rd 1 into rd 2 for extra picks which I then parlayed along with the #5 pick obtained from the Raiders and let's saaaaay some future picks to make moves back into rd 2 for Winovich who dined with Tomlin and back into rd 3 for Zach Allen who I like because both of my aunts were nuns at Boston College. Good Karma there.

Post subject: Re: Hair On Fire
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:52 pm 

Some good dudes on there. Zeroing in, Drama. Zeroing in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:04 pm 

Love your 4th and 6th round choice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:15 pm 

Love this, well done Sir.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:02 pm 

So I assume I am now forgiven for picking Winovich in the mock, Drama?

I like the draft, brother.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:56 pm 

Who/how do you wheel and deal to get THAT many picks lol?