It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A Brother by Any Other Name is Not the Same
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:01 am 

1T) Marquise "Hollywood" Brown 5'9 166 WR Oklahoma- Did B2B and I just become best friends??? Not exactly. But if it came down to the Steelers drafting Antonio's cousin or Devin Bush I'd much rather see Hollywood catching Bombs from Ben than watching Bush get run over by Chubb.

2) Mack Wilson 6'2 240 LB Alabama- "One time I wrestled a giraffe to the ground with my bare hands." Ok it wouldn't surprise me if 'ol Mack actually did wrestle a giraffe to the ground with his bare hands.

3T) Darrell Henderson 5'9 208 RB Memphis- "I'm Larry. This is my brother Darryl, and this is my other brother Darryl." Having scored 11 touchdowns of over 54 yards this past season, this Darrell would bring some instant excitement to the backfield.

3) David Long 5'11 195 CB Michigan- "You have a pretty good collection of nudie mags, but I still hate you." I hate mocking a Michigan player. However, I thought it would be fun to confuse the shit out of Tomlin having two David Long's on the roster.

3T) David Long 5'11 227 LB WVU- To my knowledge David Long and David Long aren't brothers or even step brothers, but didn't George Foreman name like 5 of his sons George so I guess at this point anything is possible.

4) Maxx Crosby 6'5 255 EDGE Eastern Michigan- "You know what gets my dick hard? Helping out my friends." Balls to the wall player right here who will help push new Bud-dy Max in practice and hopefully help push Bud off the roster.

5T) Max Scharping 6'6 327 OT Northern Illinois- This Max gets his jollies making fun of his new brother Maxx for having an extra X at the end of his name.

5T) Marquise "Wooster" Blair 6'1 196 S Utah- "I'm Dale, but you have to call me Dragon." Hollywood, meet Wooster. Wooster, Hollywood. Somewhere Ron's head just exploded.

6T) Alize Mack 6'4 249 TE Notre Dame-"You and your mom are hillbillies. This is a house of learned doctors." This Golden Domer a little too Prestige Worldwide for his new bros Daylon and Mack Wilson. I see a swirly or two in his future.

6) Daylon Mack 6'1 336 DT Texas A&M- If two David Longs doesn't confuse the potted plant, having 3 "Macks!" to yell at surely will.

6T) Matt Gay 6'0 239 K Utah "I tea bagged your drum set! Your drum set's a whore!" "Well my drum set is a guy, so that makes you gay, you fucker!" Aren't kickers and punters supposed to be friends? Dare I say brothers?

7) Mitch Wishnowsky 6'2 216 P Utah- Mitch 'n Matt go together like Boats 'n Hoes.

Thanks as always for reading. If you actually made it to this point, I traded down in rd 1 for an extra 3 and a 5. Spring break has been great, but I really need to get back to work.

Post subject: Re: A Brother by Any Other Name is Not the Same
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:16 am 

Three Mack’s and two Max’s. A Brown at WR who lols exactly like AB but isn’t AB. This would be the most fun camp ever.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:51 am 

Not getting the Mack Wilson appeal.

I watched 5 games of him:
Oklahoma
Georgia
Mizzou
Arkansas
Ole Miss

I saw 0 explosiveness.
At best average instincts & others awful.
He made a few routine plays.
He made 0 splash plays.
Players all around him on that D were making plays.
His sideline to sideline speed was underwhelming.
He got continually moved off his spot and fooled badly by simple play fakes & misdirection.
His coverage was ok not great.
His big highlight? Tipping a pass v Ole Miss.

I do not see a 3rd or barely even a 4th round player. Maybe I picked his 5 worst games but man I was severely underwhelmed. What was most concerning? Wilson plays on a stacked defense. With players that attract a ton of attention. As a consequence he had plenty of opportunities to make plays. He simply didn't.

He did get pancaked by a WR. Blocked by WRs out of plays on more than one occasion.

I saw nothing in the 5 games that would improve Steeler's D.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:35 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Not getting the Mack Wilson appeal.

I watched 5 games of him:
Oklahoma
Georgia
Mizzou
Arkansas
Ole Miss

I saw 0 explosiveness.
At best average instincts & others awful.
He made a few routine plays.
He made 0 splash plays.
Players all around him on that D were making plays.
His sideline to sideline speed was underwhelming.
He got continually moved off his spot and fooled badly by simple play fakes & misdirection.
His coverage was ok not great.
His big highlight? Tipping a pass v Ole Miss.

I do not see a 3rd or barely even a 4th round player. Maybe I picked his 5 worst games but man I was severely underwhelmed. What was most concerning? Wilson plays on a stacked defense. With players that attract a ton of attention. As a consequence he had plenty of opportunities to make plays. He simply didn't.

He did get pancaked by a WR. Blocked by WRs out of plays on more than one occasion.

I saw nothing in the 5 games that would improve Steeler's D.

His appeal is this...
Mack Wilson LB Alabama
Change that to Mack Wilson LB Stanford, or Mack Wilson LB Maryland, and he’s a “ho hum” prospect.
I’ve always believed it to be “buyer beware” when drafting Bama defensive prospects. When it comes to the Tide defense, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts...or something like that. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:16 pm 

For S & Gs I decided to go watch Vosean Joseph and 3 games of his.

The contrast was glaring.

Joseph is by no means a polished prospect. He super raw and especially in one game got royally abused. But when he gets it right? He looks explosive & dynamic. In games I watched he was overall getting right a far bit.

LSU
Missouri
Michigan

The Missouri game he had an absolute nightmare. He still made some plays but he was tooled by Missouri way to much. It was a poor, poor game. It was also the first game I watched. I was to say the least thinking "this guy fucking sucks."

LSU he was polar opposite. Made plays all over the field. In coverage, pass rush & run game. He was a holy terror. Yes he ran himself out of some plays but so did Shaz and given what he gave the Defense? I can live with that.

Michigan game was very similar if not quite as stellar.

The contrast with Wilson:

More explosive
More fluid, looked really smooth in coverage
Better instincts
Took more risks
Even on plays he missed he was close
Impacted plays he didn't directly make (didn't see that at all with Wilson). A trait Shaz never got near enough credit for.
A bit smaller than ideal but the talent/upside is obvious.

He did have a good D around him but with exception of Missou game he looked like the best Gator on the field.

Joseph albeit only in 3 games looked like a potential stud. Wilson in 5 games looked like a guy living on Bama ILB reputation.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:25 pm 

I’ve seen Mack make some unbelievable plays in coverage that offset his utter lack of sand in the run game. Also, he’s young and might get better at the basic parts of the game. I won’t rule out him being worth his reputation someday— but I’m team Vosean Joseph all the way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:27 pm 

Ps clan, OT sure which FLA LSU game you saw but he was great in both. He earholed the LSU QB at the goal line in a particularly memorable play. (To QB’s credit he got up with a smile and his helmet twisted 90 degrees off axis)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ps clan, OT sure which FLA LSU game you saw but he was great in both. He earholed the LSU QB at the goal line in a particularly memorable play. (To QB’s credit he got up with a smile and his helmet twisted 90 degrees off axis)

October 2018 game Florida won.