It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Payback
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:40 pm 

2T) Dexter Lawrence 6’4 338 DT Clemson- Tombert was at Clemson Pro Day. THIS is the first guy I want getting off the bus. Causes major chaos in the middle. I’ve seen him mocked late 1st/early 2nd so I say trade down to very top of 2nd round and get the steal of the entire draft. Enough fucking around. Start bullying people at the line of scrimmage.

2) Trayvon Mullen 6’2 195 CB Clemson- Tombert was at Clemson Pro Day. Dig this kid. Tall, fast, and physical. I think he’s a true shut down corner who can really high point the football. Haden, Nelson, and Mullen would be a really nice trio.

3T) Charles Omenihu 6’5 280 DE Texas- Scheduled for pre-draft visit. “You better not go to Texas, they’ll fuck you up…” “Yeah that’s my fuckin’ bag!! Can’t a black man have a suitcase!!!” Colbert went to Texas. My guess is to see this kid’s pro day. I think he’s too big to play OLB but I know I saw Bud and Watt lined up at end spots with Tuitt and Heyward playing DT. I say move this kid along the DL help cause even more chaos and mayhem.

3T) Darnell Savage 5’11 198 S Maryland- Scheduled for pre-draft visit. “A smaller guy who plays big.” Tested in 90th SPARQ percentile after running a 4.36 at the combine. I kind of cringe at the idea of adding another safety from Maryland but this kid is a fast riser who just has a nose for the football.

3.) Miles Boykin 6’4 220 WR Notre Dame- Scheduled for pre-draft visit. Destroyed the combine scoring in the 99th SPARQ percentile. Fast riser who despite his athletic prowess will need Coach Mann’s magic touch…oh wait…he’s gone isn’t he. Well, hopefully Coach Drake does a better job with this year’s rookie wr than he did with James Washington.

4) David Long 5’11 227 LB WVU- Middle linebacker is my favorite position to watch in football. Sam Mills one of my all-time favorites. Long has those same leadership, heart and soul type intangibles the Steelers desperately need on their football team.

5T) Ben Banogu 6’3 250 EDGE TCU- Scheduled for pre-draft visit. Athletic, high motor player who needs a lot of coaching. On second thought...

5T) Ulysees Gilbert III 6’0 224 LB Akron- Scheduled for pre-draft visit. Undersized speed backer who turned heads at his pro day running in the 4.4s, 39.5 vert and turning in a 6.94 3 cone.

6T) Donald Parham 6’8 243 TE Stetson- B2B gets his man. Mocked this kid several weeks ago just because I read he was 6 freaking 8. Now there's major buzz after stellar pro day. Intriguing red zone option well worth a day 3 dart throw.

6.) Ryquell Armstead- 5’11 220 RB Temple- Temple tough power back who thrives on inflicting pain and finding the end zone having amassed 34 career touchdowns for the Owls.

6T) Mitch Wishnowsky 6’2 218 Punter Utah- I Wishnow that Jordan Berry was no longer the Steelers’ punter. Senior Bowl director/scout Jim Nagy tweeted that Wishnowsky’s pro day was best scouts have seen from a punter in several years.

7) Porter Gustin 6’4 255 EDGE USC- Surly Porter. A true mountain man, named after Porter Rockwell the "destroying angel” and chosen protector of Joseph Smith, the founder of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Porter Gustin learned hunting and survival growing up in the mountains of Idaho and Utah before hunting quarterbacks out in Los Angeles.

Thanks as always for reading. Getting to the part of draft season where the Steelers basically tell you who they're drafting by bringing their favorite prospects in for a visit. Do we like the kids they've brought in so far?

Post subject: Re: Payback
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:46 pm 

I’ll endorse this one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:47 pm 

I’ll endorse this one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:38 pm 

I have few complaints

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:17 am 

With no MACK LB to replace Shazir, it would be a long season of much of the same.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:59 am 

I like it. I too think Lawrence is on their radar. They did just meet with Omenihu and Banogu as well so you know those two are on the radar. Would be quite the haul. I think Long and Gilbert would be worthwhile prospects and could redshirt/ST's their first season as DWill, Bostic, Barron and ? [perhaps one of them] man the inside linebacker position. I absolutely love the idea of reinforcing the DLine with youth and talent. If they stay with the odd front. Lawrence would push Hargrave and Omenihu would be a nice talented backup piece to an aging injury prone DLine with little depth. That is unless we think Alualu, Hooks, Sheehy and McCullers are good enough depth? I don't. I know I saw that the Steelers were at Savage's pro day too. Definite interest there. So in this scenario Drama, the Steelers trade down for an extra 2nd, 3rd and 5th? Nice! I hope if they do trade down it's with Greenbay. Picking up their 1st round (#30) And 2nd round (#44). 8-)

Good Mock Drama.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:18 am 

Love this one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:11 pm 

jebrick wrote:
With no MACK LB to replace Shazir, it would be a long season of much of the same.

I would think David Long and Mark Barron would be an upgrade from 2018.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:25 pm 

shall we find threads extolling the greatness of Bostic? I do not trust Barron.

Long will be a great LB vs the run but kind of sucks vs the pass.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:20 pm 

David Long? :lol: :lol: :lol: I wouldn’t sign him as UDFA. He’s not even the best David Long in this draft. :lol: :lol: :lol: