It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why Can't We Be Friends?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:01 pm 

1.) Byron Murphy 5’11 190 CB Washington- Murphy is the name I’ve been seeing most mocked to the Steelers of late. I get it with Haden approaching the wrong side of 30 and due a new contract. A quality corner and team first player who really seems to enjoy the game of football.

2T) N’Keal Harry 6’2 228 WR Arizona St- Trading the Steelers 2nd and Steelers 4th to move up less than 10 spots to draft this specimen. Why you ask??? Because he and Murphy are high school friends and teammates. AND because like Murphy, Harry is a team leader and an ultra-competitive kid that enjoys playing the game of football. AND I dig his story. Born on the island of St Vincent, he returned to be reunited with his mom and sister in 2017. I see zero diva potential here. Hope some way some how this kid ends up a Steeler.

2T) Vosean Joseph 6’1 230 LB Florida- trading the raiders 3rd and raiders 5th to move up less than 10 spots to draft this heat seeking missile. A well discussed prospect here at SteelerFury that will surely be an early target of Tombert.

3) Jachai Polite 6’3 242 EDGE Florida- Why??? Because he’s friends with Vosean? I don’t know if they’re pals or not but it sure couldn’t hurt given the train wreck that has been Jachai’s draft process thus far. Worth a late 3rd to see if this can rush the qb like my eyes tell me he can.

5.) Marquise Blair 6’1 195 S Utah- Another heat seeking missile type for the defense and he can cover a little too. Emotional leader of an underrated Ute defense.

6T) Dax Raymond 6’5 255 TE Utah St- Quality all-around TE that was voted (by whom I have no clue) the best TE at the Senior Bowl.

6.) Matt Gay 6’0 232 K Utah- B2B likes the sound of his foot hitting the ball. Good enough for me

6T) Chase Hansen 6’3 222 LB Utah- Ute WR Britain Covey wishes he could have “Chase Hansen” as his super power. Enough said. The ultimate team leader who I’m quite sure is friends with his Ute teammates, Matt and Marquise.

7) Darwin Thompson 5’8 200 RB Utah St- Had to find Dax a friend so I chose this shifty return man and capable pass catcher to complete my friend themed mock.

Thanks as always for reading. Sorry if you wish you had the last 20 seconds of your life back. I’m just bored now that the SteelerFury mock is near completion. I really do like most of these players but the overall theme is creating a new culture for the Steelers locker room built on friendship and fun.

Post subject: Re: Why Can't We Be Friends?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:31 pm 

I like it

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:26 pm 

B2B loves War

I dig it, Drama.

Just listen:

https://youtu.be/gOEMVEcWnVY?t=287

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:26 am 

Like it but not in love with Harry. I'm betting he gets picked in 1st.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:50 pm 

I'm a fan, big risk with Polite though. Sounds like he could be a problem for years to come, even if I love his talent. Worried about Harry as well, not sure how much separation he will get in the NFL. Also, think the Steelers have a lot of guys like Harry from a size/speed standpoint in JuJu and Moncrief. But who the hell knows.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:58 pm 

I won’t be talked out of N’keal. I can’t! I won’t!

However Polite’s stock is for sure plummeting now given his inability to perform at his pro day due to a hamstring.

I’m just not liking very many edge rushers in this class but feel inclined to draft at least one given my disdain for bud and chickillo. I’m always open to suggestions

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:46 pm 

For all the talk about replacing Bud, it's a fact that the Steelers have no one remotely like TJ Watt on the roster. If Watt misses any time, you're talking about BEST CASE Bud on the left side dropping 35% in coverage and Ol Adeniyi on the right side. I don't see Adeniyi playing the left side. More likely, we get Chickillo.

I think Brian Burns and Joe Jackson are the best 3-4 OLB-capable edge rushers in this class. Burns will be long gone and Jackson is more likely a ROLB for the Steelers. Winovich is overaged and probably topped out. If you could put together a blend of DeAndre Walker and Christian Miller, together they'd make a fantastic player.

The only guy who remotely plays like TJ is Maxx Crosby. He's gangly as shit and didn't drop a lot, but he seems to have the COD skills and I might take a shot on him Rd 3 or 4. If your second wave was Ola Adeniyi and Maxx Crosby, you'd be okay.