It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dream scenario mock
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:08 pm 

20) Devin Bush (backup plan Mack Wilson) - MAC LB
Either guy gives us a guy who picks off passes at the second level. Instantly plugs the biggest leak we have.

52) Juan Thornhill (backup plan Amani Hooker) S
Fully cementing our bew Big Nickel base. We roll with a three safety, two off ball LB look. Davis, Edmunds, Thornhill/Hooker, and Barron + Bush/Wilson. The middle of the field is now fortified for some time.

66) Christian Miller - EDGE - he has some durability flags, but at this slot its a great pickup. His loss is blamed by many for Bamas collapse in the Natl championship. His edge pressure and length are very strong, and he is also a rock cs the run. Great rotational guy to have.

83) Mecole Hardman - WR
Blazing open field speed. Gets us the field stretching capability we are looking for. The guy brings something in the return game too. Overall not going to replace Brown, but will replace part of him.

122) David Sills - WR
No one player will replace Brown, but if Hardman can replace his open field running. Sills can replace some of those TDs. He scored a TON of them at WVU and he was downright dominant at times.

141) Foster Moreau - TE -
one of the best blockers in the draft, and he tested GREAT at the combine for speed. Nobody really knows his receiver upside hecause LSU ran a primative offense with shit qb play. Great complement to McDonald and Grimble.

175) Bryce Love - RB
Great flyer on a home run RB. He cant be a feature guy, but as a change of pace, he could be a great piece behind this line. Love was a world beater in 2017 abd if he can get a chance to get healthy, he could be a great weapon.

192) Elijah Holyfield - RB
Here is our RB4. A great short yardage guy with some upside. He absorbs too much contact to he a long term starter, but this kid is a hard nosed runner that could definitely give you 10 good closer carries per game if you needed them. He punishes people and fits the Steeler profile.

207) Demarcus Christmas - DL
Big kid 6-3 308 with a great high floor on account of stout run defense. May never develop the pss rush moves to be a starter, but a solid wave player.

We need guys to fall obviously but this could be a haul that sets up back to back super bowls.

Post subject: Re: Dream scenario mock
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:36 pm 

If you are going to dream, dream big.

1. Devin White ILB LSU
Already talking about wanting $100 million contract in five years. Only team dumb enough to draft a guy like that in the first round is Pittsburgh who is desperate.

2. Nick Bosa OLB Ohio State
Coming off serious injury and riding his brothers coat tails. People named Nick don’t sack QBs in the NFL. They do your taxes. Stock drops to mid round 2.

3. Quinnen Williams DT Alabama
What kind of name is Quinnen? Plus he played at Alabama which means Saban beat the kid half to death. He’ll be lucky to make it 4 years in the league.

3. DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss
Second best WR on his college team. Aside from being big and running fast in a straight line what is he? A mid 3rd rounder, that’s what.

4. TJ Hockenson TE Iowa
Penn State shut him down, and how fast can a big TE from Iowa really be? 4th rounder.

5. Byron Murphy CB Washington
Man this CB class sucks. Murphy is small but he’s slow. 5th round flier seems about right.

6. Juan Thornhill FS Virginia
he’s just a coverage safety who can’t play in the box or SS. That drops him to round 6.

6. Miles Sanders RB PSU
Ki Jana Carter, Blair Thomas, DJ Dozier, Curtis Enis, John Capilletti, Mark Hunt. A PSU RB should be happy to be drafted at all. Steelers get duped by local Woody High kid.

6. Taylor Rapp S Washington
Weed is legal in Washington. This kid will be in the drug protocol before you know it. Stock drops to late draftable.

7. AJ Brown WR Ole Miss
Another AB by name and initials. Scares teams away from drafting him. Catch a 7th round faller.

Kiper grades the draft a C+

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:44 pm 

SP wrote:

Kiper grades the draft a C+

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:59 pm 

My dream scenario would be this:

1. Devin Bush ILB - drops to 20 and we nab him without a trade up.
2. Deebo Samuel WR - slightly smaller version of JuJu with better route running but less physicality.
3a. Chauncey Gardner Johnson FS - stud playmaker on the backend
3b. Julian Love CB - tough, physical CB to wait in the wings.
4. D'eandre Walker OLB - brought in to replace Bud Dupree in 20'.
4b (trade 5th and two 6ths to get back into rd 4): Foster Moreau TE - Steelers have a thing for this dude. I will be mildly surprised if they don't take him
6. Best Punter available
7. OL/DL depth

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:01 pm 

Quote:

One mans dream is another mans nightmare....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:00 pm 

Right now, here's my dream Steelers draft:

1 ILB Vosean Joseph, Florida
2 S Taylor Rapp, Washington
3a CB Kendall Sheffield, Ohio State
3b EDGE Joe Jackson, Miami FL (Right Side) or Maxx Crosby, Eastern Michigan (Left Side)
4 WR Mecole Hardman, Georgia, Emanuel Hall, Missouri, or Miles Boykin, Notre Dame
5 TE Kahale Warring, San Diego State
6a RB Wes Hills, Slippery Rock or Dexter Williams, Notre Dame
6b DL Armon Watts, Arkansas
6c BPA P Mitch Wishnowsky, Utah, LB Tre Watson, Maryland or LB/DIME Juwan Foggie, Charlotte
7 K Matt Gay, Utah

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:00 pm 

1 20. Dexter Lawrence DT 6'4 342 Clemson
2 52. Juan Thornhill FS 6'0 205 Virginia
3 66. Terry McLaurin WR 6'0 208 Ohio St.
3 83. Blake Cashman ILB 6'1 237 Minnesota
4 122. Dax Raymond TE 6'5 255 Utah St.
5 141. David Long CB 5'11 196 Michigan
6 175. Ryan Bates OT 6'4 306 Penn St.
6 192. Ben Banogu OLB 6'3 250 Texas Christian
6 207. Tony Pollard RB 6'0 210 Memphis
7 219. Matt Gay K 6'0 232 Utah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:21 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

Don't like him, Jobus?
I'm good with everything but his man-coverage capabilities. Although, there aren't many that can do it at ILB.
I still think he can zone-cover fine. His sideline to sideline is fantastic and he is a good tackler.
He reads his keys well, but can get stuck on blocks sometimes.
That's why I'm not looking to trade up for him, if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:44 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

I mean, he's right, trading up would vault it into Freddie Krueger or Groundskeeper Willie territory.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:48 pm 

steelheels wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Quote:

Don't like him, Jobus?
I'm good with everything but his man-coverage capabilities. Although, there aren't many that can do it at ILB.
I still think he can zone-cover fine. His sideline to sideline is fantastic and he is a good tackler.
He reads his keys well, but can get stuck on blocks sometimes.
That's why I'm not looking to trade up for him, if possible.

Don’t like him at all...and I’ve seen him play, er try to play, plenty. To say I disagree with your assessment would be an understatement. Yeah he can run, but a good tackler he is not. I see a lot of mis-reads and mis-steps. For an ILB/MLB, he spends a lot of time on the outside looking in at plays. In a conference that still employs a lot of inside power run offenses, his numbers are very pedestrian. Very much overrated in my book.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04 pm 

1. 20 Greedy Williams CB 6'1 182 LSU
2. 52 Chauncey Gardner-Johnson FS 5'11 207 Florida
3a. 66 Vosean Joseph ILB 6'0 227 Florida
3b. 83 David Montgomery RB 5'10 216 Iowa State
4. 122 Darius Slayton WR 6'1 190 Auburn
5. 141 Chris Slayton DT 6'4 320 Syracuse
6a. 175 Jalen Jelks EDGE 6'5 245 Oregon
6b. 192 Donald Parham TE 6'8 243 Stetson
6c. 207 Ryan Bates OT 6'5 305 Penn State
7. 219 Ulysees Gilbert III LB 6'1 225 Akron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:59 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Don’t like him at all...and I’ve seen him play, er try to play, plenty. To say I disagree with your assessment would be an understatement. Yeah he can run, but a good tackler he is not. I see a lot of mis-reads and mis-steps. For an ILB/MLB, he spends a lot of time on the outside looking in at plays. In a conference that still employs a lot of inside power run offenses, his numbers are very pedestrian. Very much overrated in my book.

I am not a fan of Bush but I wonder if some of the hesitation is from the RPO. I have seen very few ILBs not hesitate in dealing with a good RPO offense. They need to figure out where the ball is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:28 am 

[
Don’t like him at all...and I’ve seen him play, er try to play, plenty. To say I disagree with your assessment would be an understatement. Yeah he can run, but a good tackler he is not. I see a lot of mis-reads and mis-steps. For an ILB/MLB, he spends a lot of time on the outside looking in at plays. In a conference that still employs a lot of inside power run offenses, his numbers are very pedestrian. Very much overrated in my book.[/quote]

Fair enough. I have watched cut-ups and not whole games of Bush. So, the tackling issue that I think is a positive may not be indicative of who he is as a whole.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:51 pm 

You will be surprised. The difference between the highlight reel (which, I swear, is all that the NFLN/BSPN talking head draftniks have watched, blows my mind) is pretty vast. Also, as FC and a few others mentioned, the quality of the overall defense around him was high. As the cleanup guy for that line, in the conference he played in, there's a lot to be desired.

In my mind, the comparisons with Shazier for this guy end, pretty much completely with the numbers. Shazier in college, made a lot of splash plays, and was Johnny on the Spot a whole lot for the Buckeye defense, and took over and won a few games from the defensive side, certainly changed them. He was an athlete and a baller. Bush isn't a baller.