It is currently Sat May 25, 2019 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Small school hopefuls
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:54 am 

Quote:
Small-school NFL hopefuls keep dream alive at 2nd annual pro day https://triblive.com/sports/small-schoo ... l-pro-day/
There has to be some surprises in this group. B2B?

Post subject: Re: Small school hopefuls
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:30 pm 

WR Juston Christian of Marist College
Quote:
Christian participated at the University of Buffalo’s Pro Day, posting numbers that would have stood out at the NFL Scouting Combine. He was timed on a stopwatch at 4.38 seconds in the 40-yard dash, meaning he is likely a low-to-mid 4.4s prospect. His explosiveness was equally as impressive, as he posted a broad jump of 10 feet and 6 inches, as well as a vertical jump of 36 inches. Those marks would be good for the 83rd and 57th percentiles among NFL wide receivers, respectively.

Christian has been a four-year contributor for the Marist Red Foxes, posting over 4,000 career receiving yards. In his senior season, Christian set a school record with 15 touchdowns. For his career, he’s averaged over 21 yards per reception.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:47 am 

For what it is worth some dude on reddit that knows Andy Isabella and he said the Steelers are bringing him in for a visit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/steelers/comments/b3ht4x/andy_isabella/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:16 am 

I really like Andy Isabella. I have him as the 3rd best speed receiver in this draft, behind only Marquise Brown and Mecole Hardman. He reminds me in running style of Christian McCaffery, but with the film sped up. Some really great footwork—hands are the occasional issue.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:23 am 

I feel like Nehari Crawford from Duquesne will be in an NFL camp. Not the fastest nor the best at anything, but from what I can tell, he plays hard... baller.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:06 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I really like Andy Isabella. I have him as the 3rd best speed receiver in this draft, behind only Marquise Brown and Mecole Hardman. He reminds me in running style of Christian McCaffery, but with the film sped up. Some really great footwork—hands are the occasional issue.

He does not look natural catching a pass from the highlights I have seen. He also lets the ball get to his torso more than I would like to see a WR do. He does have some nice shiftiness though.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:19 am 

stillthere wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

He does not look natural catching a pass from the highlights I have seen. He also lets the ball get to his torso more than I would like to see a WR do. He does have some nice shiftiness though.

If he hits the Juggs machine like AB, he could get better at that. I still say Mecole Hardman has a similar highlight film, only he did it vs the best competition and on a team where they didn’t have any imagination on offense and a host of other weapons. Isabella was 42% of their passing offense! He dominated his LOC as he should have.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:54 pm 

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-reports

Quote:
Akron has several next-level prospects on that side of the ball starting with Ulysees Gilbert, an undersized run-and-chase chase linebacker who is constantly around the action. Gilbert makes plays in pursuit as well as in space. While many scouts believe he is a free agent, we’ve stamped Grant as a last-round pick. His 40 time prior to the draft will dictate where he ends up.

Tony Pauline
Measuring 6002 and 224 pounds, Grant completed 20 reps on the bench press and touched 39.5 inches in the vertical jump and 10-foot-6 in the broad jump.

His ran super fast in the 40, as both of his times were clocked under 4.5 seconds on most watches, including a best of 4.46 seconds. His three-cone came in at 6.94 seconds.
http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-report-akron
Hmmm.... mid to later round flier perhaps?

From WalterFootball.com
3/23/19: Gilbert totaled 85 tackles with 7.5 for a loss, one pass batted and .5 sacks in 2018.

8/29/18: Gilbert is a tackling machine for Akron. He flies all over the field, taking down ball-carriers and making his presence felt. In 2017, Gilbert totaled 140 tackles with 9.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, four passes broken up and three interceptions. He had 122 tackles with four sacks, three breakups and 11.5 tackles for a loss as a sophomore.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:02 pm 

Quote:
@ConnorNFLDraft
#UMass WR Andy Isabella had a private workout with the #Chiefs early this morning and has an official visit scheduled with the #Steelers on Sunday. https://twitter.com/ConnorNFLDraft/stat ... t-visit%2F

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:48 pm 

Jordan Brown CB South Dakota State

Remove the S from the https when you "paste" the link in for a youtube video.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:57 pm 

Jordan Brown can play. He isn't a thoroughbred who looks like superman... just makes the plays. Goes after the football on every throw and every tackle.

I don't know if SMU counts as a small school, but another CB who intrigues me, with caveats:
Jordan Wyatt, SMU.

Up until the last drive of 2017, he might have been a top 5 CB in the class. On that last drive he got a knee injury and, although he came back and played well, he wasn't as dominant as he was before that. Is it just the one year grace period after coming back after knee surgery in less than 8 months? Did he lose a step? Even by the end of the year, he was drawing rave reviews at the Shrine Game, but to me he looked tentative compared to pre-surgery. His numbers, though-- just ridiculous:

41 Games 9.5 TFL, 1 sack, 21 PD, 2 FR, 8 FF, 11 INT, 5 turnover TDs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:24 pm 

Now that I picked him in the draft...

Cua Rose FS Ark Tech

40 games 40 PD 12 INTs we can throw in his 161 solo tackles.

i should add

Ronheen Bingham Arkansas St. EDGE. Explosive. Crazy good spin move.