It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ravens Nevermore
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:34 pm 

Free Agent Signings

Terrell Suggs EDGE Ravens- Suggs is one ugly dude and would look really weird seeing him in a Steelers uniform but I always thought he was a very good football player. Could add some much needed leadership and professionalism to the locker room. Sub Zadarius Smith if you prefer, but I’m a little twisted in that I like Suggs closing out his career with his hated rival.

CJ Mosely ILB Ravens- I think you’re paying for a name here but he’s still quite a few cuts above anything the Steelers have on their roster. Again, you’re adding much needed leadership and professionalism to the locker room while stealing your hated division rivals' arguable best player.

Jimmy Smith CB Ravens- Rumored to be released. He fits the Colbert mold of signing a free agent with a history of injuries. When on the field, Jimmy is a very good NFL corner and like Mosely, quite a few cuts above anything the Steelers have on their roster.

John Brown WR Ravens- I’m not a big fan of Smokey but just connecting the dots one here with Steelers WR coach connection. Uncle Bruce loved this kid and will probably bring him down to Tampa.

Eric Weddle S Rams- I would have signed him too but the ultra aggressive Sean McVay beat me to it

Draft:

1.) Brian Burns 6’5 259 EDGE Florida St- Tested in the 94th percentile. In his last 11 games against Power 5 competition, Burns recorded 20.5 tackles for loss, 11.5 sacks and 6 forced fumbles. With his combine buzz, might have to use some of our newly found draft capital to trade up a few spots to acquire an elite defender such as this Burns kid.

2T) DeAndre Baker 5’11 185 CB Georgia- AB looking near impossible to trade but I would've settled for the Raiders 2 and 4. So my boys from Athens looked like they forgot to train for the combine. Embarrassing performance. Baker told everyone who would listen he’d run a 4.3. That overconfidence might have cost the Jim Thorpe winner a day in the draft.

2) Parris Campbell 6’0 205 WR Ohio St- This kid did train for the combine. His 4.31 surely caught the attention of the Steelers and the NFL. Odell Beckham without the diva.

3.) Amani Hooker 5’11 210 S Iowa- Another kid who trained for the combine. Ran a 4.48. His 20-yard shuttle time of 4.10 seconds ranked fourth at the position, and the 60-yard version time of 11.59 seconds did the same thing. He also added a 37-inch vertical (fifth) and 123-inch broad jump. Already regarded as a highly intelligent team leader, this kid is sure to be a fast riser come draft day.

4T) Blake Cashman 6’1 235 LB Minnesota- Back to the Big 10 for another fast rising combine star. Already a tackling machine for the Golden Gophers, this kid lit up the combine with scoring in the 91st percentile with a 4.5 40, a 4.12 20-yard shuttle (No. 4), a 10’4 broad (tied-No. 3), a 37.5-inch vertical (tied-No. 5) and a 6.95 three-cone

4) John Cominsky 6’5 286 DE Charleston- Former HS quarterback turned combine star with his 4.66 40. D2 stud with 39 tfl and 16 career sacks as a 3-4 DE. Last I checked the Steelers still run that defense…albeit not overly effectively. Cheap shot, I know.

6T) Maxx Crosby 6’4 255 EDGE Eastern Michigan- I assume he’s no relation to Sidney, but this kid could be a bit hit in the Steel City. Lotta buzz around this sleeper whose 4.66 40 time was second-fastest among defensive linemen at the Combine, with Michigan's Rashan Gary (4.58s) leading the way. This war daddy was also the top performer in the broad jump (122.0 inches), 3-cone drill (6.89s) and 20-yard shuttle (4.13s), and his 36-inch vertical jump was tied for third in his position group.

6) Kahale Warring 6’5 252 TE San Diego St- Having spent a couple years out in Pacific Beach, I have a soft spot for Aztecs. All these workout numbers are giving me a headache, but this kid is no longer a sleeper after being an 80 percent SPARQ-er.

6T) Mark Fields 5’10 192 CB Clemson- Son of freak athlete Mark Fields of Wazzu and top pick of the Saints Got hot during the CFB playoffs and ran a blistering 4.37 at the combine.

7) Jazz Ferguson 6’5 227 WR Northwestern St- Hot water at LSU. Transferred to the Demons. Brother of La Tech DE Jaylon. Another combine star ran a 4.45 with 37 vert. Would be a nice late round dart throw for big red zone target.

Thanks as always for reading. I know the Steelers will disappoint in free agency but I just like to throw some names out there once in a while. Combine always brings some new names to the surface. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t.

Post subject: Re: Ravens Nevermore
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:50 pm 

That’s a good looking mock, Drama