It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Players I have been looking at..Thinking About. Intrigue
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:28 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
I think McLaurin shows better hands (albeit pretty limited sample size) than I remember out of Wallace, at least in terms of bodying the ball.

I'm sure you've seen more of him on a play to play basis than I have, but his ball-tracking on deep ball and seeming refusal to high point any ball is eerily reminiscent of Wallace.

If we're looking strictly at Ohio State receivers, he would cost a slightly more premium pick, but Parris Campbell is my guy of that group.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:08 pm 

Ice wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
I think McLaurin shows better hands (albeit pretty limited sample size) than I remember out of Wallace, at least in terms of bodying the ball.

I'm sure you've seen more of him on a play to play basis than I have, but his ball-tracking on deep ball and seeming refusal to high point any ball is eerily reminiscent of Wallace.

If we're looking strictly at Ohio State receivers, he would cost a slightly more premium pick, but Parris Campbell is my guy of that group.

He's interesting to me... I'd like to understand why they featured him in the slot, considering his reported long speed. Can he be a full-time outside guy in the NFL?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:41 pm 

That whole group of WR (including KJ Hill, still there) have a chance to be better pros than college players. Because of the way Coach Meyer was running the offense with Barrett at QB, they lost some development time, to put it mildly. I think Campbell has a ton of ability, and a diverse skillset that will translate well at the NFL level. He's got decent size,very good speed, good hands and will continue to improve.