It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Man's Best Friend
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:30 pm 

Another AB Trade into top 12
Free Agents??? Hell if I know anymore. Sign a big name, any big name. Show a pulse dammit!

1T) Jeffery Simmons 6'3 300 DT Miss St. Bulldogs- Junk Yard Dog that spent some time in the pound. Would bring an attitude and ferocity to the defense. Tomlin talks a lot of noise about wanting disruptive, VIOLENT players. Here ya go Mike. Ya Barrel of monkey nuts.

1) Deandre Baker 5'11 185 DB Georgia Bulldogs- I wasn't lying. I will continue to mock this alpha dawg to the Steelers here at pick 20. Hunker down hairy dawgs!

2) Jaylon Ferguson 6'5 269 EDGE LA Tech Bulldogs- Badass War Daddy right here. Powerful bull rusher who runs dudes right the fuck over or swats them aside with his violent hands. Proud carrier of the "Bad motherfucker" wallet. Sic 'em Jaylon!

3T) Germaine Pratt 6'3 240 LB NC ST WOLFpack- Leader of the pack. Converted safety should be a natural in pass coverage. I've been pondering the offseason a lot lately and I've decided I want CJ Mosely as my prized free agent. I doubt he gets out of Baltimore, but I'd throw him a bone and see if he bites.

3) Damian Harris 5'11 225 RB Alabama- Team leader and the anti-Lev Bell. Started out the lead dog for the Tide coming off their national title season only to fall in the rotation behind both Josh Jacobs and Najee Harris. I see a draft day slide in his future. Grand Larceny pick here in round 3.

4) Riley Ridley 6'2 200 WR Georgia Bulldogs- Fat Fuck Jim Chaney left UGA to bone 'ol smokey. Ridley criminally underused at Georgia. Calvin's little brother fell victim to Kirby Smart's overly conservative approach but this kid can really fetch and high point the ball.

6T) Dru Samina 6'5 304 OG Oklahoma- Salty dog. Mean, rabid 'sum bitch. Scrapper that played to the whistle and then some against 'bama and has carried that over to Senior Bowl practices. Versatile Sooner that played both guard and tackle.

6) Jace Sternberger 6'5 250 TE Texas A&M- I'm more of an ugly mutt kind of guy but I gotta admit the Collie that roams the Aggie sidelines, Miss Rev, is one beautiful dog.

7) Matt Gay 6'1 232 K Utah- For you South Park fans, "That dog is a gay homosexual."

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don't. Sat down to watch senior bowl practices tonight with my loyal mutt Lin-Lin (She's Chinese) only to see practice was indoors and not aired on NFL Network. WTF? Can't move the cameras inside?

Post subject: Re: Man's Best Friend
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:42 am 

thinking of switch to a 43 drama?
if not, i love the idea of rotating a stud on the DL with Cam, Tuitt and Hargrave.
just not sure i could pick one that high unless you plan on moving hargrave.

shoot, if you are at #12, i would throw devin white in there. he could last till then.
what a draft that would be!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:44 am 

Heels, I should probably do a better job of explaining the logic behind my selections.

I agree with you about Devin White. He is the player I would target if AB is traded for a top 12-15 draft pick. If the Steelers keep AB I hope they trade up for White. Dig the kid. Leader and a playmaker. I've mocked him a few times now and just want to change it up to generate draft discussion.

I realize that defensive tackle isn't a screaming need as far as starters go but this class is just soooo loaded with studs including Simmons. I'm not a proponent of switching to a 4-3. To your point, I think the starters in their current 3-4 are set. Hargraves looks solid. BUT with a couple studs like Simmons and Ferguson, you can switch fronts and more importantly start a viable rotation to rest starters while adding valuable depth in the event of injury.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:19 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
1) Deandre Baker 5'11 185 DB Georgia Bulldogs- I wasn't lying. I will continue to mock this alpha dawg to the Steelers here at pick 20. Hunker down hairy dawgs!

2) Jaylon Ferguson 6'5 269 EDGE LA Tech Bulldogs- Badass War Daddy right here. Powerful bull rusher who runs dudes right the fuck over or swats them aside with his violent hands. Proud carrier of the "Bad motherfucker" wallet. Sic 'em Jaylon!

3T) Germaine Pratt 6'3 240 LB NC ST WOLFpack- Leader of the pack. Converted safety should be a natural in pass coverage. I've been pondering the offseason a lot lately and I've decided I want CJ Mosely as my prized free agent. I doubt he gets out of Baltimore, but I'd throw him a bone and see if he bites.

4) Riley Ridley 6'2 200 WR Georgia Bulldogs- Fat Fuck Jim Chaney left UGA to bone 'ol smokey. Ridley criminally underused at Georgia. Calvin's little brother fell victim to Kirby Smart's overly conservative approach but this kid can really fetch and high point the ball.

7) Matt Gay 6'1 232 K Utah- For you South Park fans, "That dog is a gay homosexual."

Are we going to draft another M2M CB and then ask him to play zone, where he looks lost?

I like the above guys, but it's a pipe dream that Gay lasts to Round 7. Would love that pick, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:08 pm 

You don’t like Jeffery Simmons???? Damn you’re a tough man to please, B2B

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:59 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
You don’t like Jeffery Simmons???? Damn you’re a tough man to please, B2B

I only took him off because I'm not familiar with the player. I'll check him out.

As an aside, I am impossibly behind in the draft prospect world.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:08 pm 

Watch Bama game. I was there. Simmons and Sweat gave the Bama OL all they could handle. Assload of defensive talent on the field that day