It is currently Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't Piss Me Off, Art
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:02 pm 

1T) Devin White 6’1 240 LB LSU- I have little doubt Art Rooney II will drop the ball on any AB trade, but maybe….just maybe…the crapaports of the Internet are correct and teams will offer a ransom so big that even Deuce can’t fuck it up. Hoping for a 1 and a 3 in the top 10-15 range. Probably aiming too high here, but why not it's still only January.

1.) DeAndre Baker 5’11 185 Georgia- Grand Larceny pick if he falls to 20. I personally don’t see it happening but I’d be elated. Alpha dawg corner that won’t back down from anybody. There are a few round 1 corners. I like Baker. Take your pick. You suck, Artie.

2.) Oshone Ximines 6’4 255 EDGE Old Dominion- Hell no I’ve never seen an Old Dominion football game but from all I’ve read he’s a potentially high impact pass rusher that would look pretty damn good lined up across from Mr. TJ Watt. Get Bent, Bud.

3T) Parris Campbell 6’1 208 WR Ohio St- "Just a kid from Akron, Ohio." I’ve seen this humble kid mocked anywhere from late round 1 all the way to round 3. The Buckeyes really spread the ball around to all their weapons so Campbell didn’t get to put up huge numbers but the talent is obvious. I hate to trade away a HOFer, but the offense will be fine adding a day 2 rookie and a veteran free agent such as Tyrell Williams to the wr corps.

3) Bryce Love 5’10 202 RB Stanford- I’ve seen games where I said, “Damn, I dig this feisty little bastard.” Then, a couple other times I thought, “Nah, kid is just too freaking fragile and overrated.” No he’s not a bell cow, but he’s got speed, heart, and leadership this team is sorely lacking.

4.) Sutton Smith 6’1 237 LB Northern Illinois- Hell no I’ve never seen a Northern Illinois football game, but y’all seem to dig this kid. From what I’ve read he has impressive pass rush stats, but may lack the desired workout numbers. Could be a versatile piece for the front 7 playing inside and on the edge.

6T) Mike Bell 6’3 203 S Fresno St- Sean Davis is the new bane of my existence. I’m hoping some draft capital is invested to bumping his ass to the bench.

6.) JoeJuan Williams 6’3 208 CB Vanderbilt- King sized corner who can tackle. Posted 4 interceptions this past year for the Commodores.

7.) Jalen Hurd 6’4 217 WR Baylor- Starting running back ahead of Alvin Kamara at Tennessee before transitioning to wide receiver for the Bears. Read a rotoblurb that said Hurd has posted impressive times at Baylor including a 40-inch vertical, a 4.40-second 40-yard dash and a scintillating time of 3.8-3.9 seconds in the 20-yard shuttle. Worth a late round dart throw.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on who you like and who you don't. I know I left out both lines, but perhaps depth can come via free agency. Who knows I'm just throwing out some names here.

Post subject: Re: Don't Piss Me Off, Art
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:02 am 

The first six guys are all guys I like. Need to do homework on the last three.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:12 pm 

Drama, regarding .....

2.) Oshone Ximines 6’4 255 EDGE Old Dominion- Hell no I’ve never seen an Old Dominion football game but from all I’ve read he’s a potentially high impact pass rusher that would look pretty damn good lined up across from Mr. TJ Watt. Get Bent, Bud.

...I've seem most all of his games. He's the real deal...has 'it', imo. Only question I have is consistent LOC. Combine drills will be telling. Tomlin is definitely aware of him...more than most.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:59 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Drama, regarding .....

...I've seem most all of his games. He's the real deal...has 'it', imo. Only question I have is consistent LOC. Combine drills will be telling. Tomlin is definitely aware of him...more than most.

Thanks for the confirmation, DP39. Senior Bowl practices start next week so I will look for him there.
Going to be weird not having Mayock in Mobile to offer his commentary.