It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 3:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Country Roads
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:03 pm 

Free Agents:

Preston Smith 6’5 265 EDGE Redskins- PFF’s #8 3-4 OLB.

Adrian Amos 6’0 215 S Bears- Of course I’d rather have Eddie Jackson, but Amos is a solid player.

Pierre Desir 6’1 200 CB Colts- Signed 1 yr prove it deal with Colts. He proved it.

Tyrell Williams 6’4 205 WR Chargers- Excellent size and speed. Career 16.3 yds per catch average.

Draft:

1T) Devin White 6’1 240 ILB LSU- AB is a HOF trade commodity. The front office can’t afford to mess this up. Anything less than a 1st and a 3rd in the top 12 will be a disappointment. Yes, I like White the player, but I’m more interested in adding an alpha dog leader in the middle to galvanize the defense.

1T) Jachai Polite 6’3 242 EDGE Florida- White and Polite would be two dynamic SEC stud playmakers for the front 7. I’ll go ahead and trade a 3rd rd pick to move up a few spots into the top 15 to secure this hitman. Kid has that Peter Boulware bend that I look for screaming off the edge. Watt, Polite, OLA, and free agent signing Preston Smith would be a major upgrade on Bud and Chick. Get lost ya bums.

2.) Trayvon Mullen 6’1 195 CB Clemson- Grand larceny pick right here. He balled out as the kids say in the National Title game against ‘Bama’s elite receiving corps. Rang’s got him ranked as a rd 2 corner so that’s where I’m taking him. Bye-Bye Burns. YOU SUCK! Haden, Hilton, Mullen, and Desir along with Amos and Edmunds will give Terryl Austin some solid players to work with. YOU SUCK TOO, Davis!

3T) Isaiah Buggs 6’4 295 DT Alabama- I’ve been to four ‘Bama games the past two seasons and it was Buggs causing chaos behind the line and chasing plays 20 yards down field not the more heralded Rakwon Davis. Karl Dunbar will surely vouch for this kid’s character and versatility. The starting 3 are solid. Depth is needed.

4.) David Sills 6’4 210 WR West Virginia- Dig this Mountaineer. He’s a human vacuum that catches everything thrown his way. Reminds me of Easy Ed McCaffery. The combine will determine if this kid goes on day 2 or here on day 3. I think WVU is going to miss the comb-over. He brought some quality players and an exciting offense to Morgantown.

6T) David Long 5’11 230 ILB West Virginia- Called the “Toughest player in the program” by coaches. I hope his lack of size pushes him down the draft board. Kid just has that nose for the football that can’t be taught. White and Long would represent massive upgrades in the middle over Vince and Bostic.

6.) Gary Jennings 6’2 215 WR West Virginia- Yep, I dig this Mountaineer wr too. Very underrated prospect. Big play waiting to happen. Every time you read this kid’s stat line it’s 53 yd touchdown this or 54 yard touchdown that. He dropped a 7-225-2 statline in the shootout loss to Oklahoma. No AB will take some serious getting used to but JuJu, Tyrell Williams, James Washington, Sills, and Jennings would be a solid group for Ben to spread the ball around to.

7) Travis Homer 5’11 195 RB Miami- “The silent assassin” was called “his biggest recruit ever” by former Canes’ OC and former Georgia running back Thomas Brown. Kid isn’t big, but he’s shifty, fast, and catches the ball out the backfield. Would be a nice compliment to Conner and Samuels.

Thanks as always for reading. Please comment on the players you like and those you don’t. I don’t know if AB will be traded. A part of me still wants him on the team, but if the Steelers can cash in on a blockbuster trade I think adding young studs throughout the roster is the best way to go to move past the drama of this past season.

Post subject: Re: Country Roads
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:07 pm 

Love it.
Id let Foster walk, go with Finney as the starter, and grab OG Barrs from Notre Dame, at 6A if it wasnt for his injury he'd probably be a 2nd or 3rd round pick.
I also would like the Miami safety Johnson in the 4th.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:36 pm 

I love this draft and your choice of FAs.

Buggs is a guy I am really high on. I would be good with him in the 2nd. Polite, White, Mullen and Dessir would infuse a level of talent into the D that we haven't seen in a long time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:46 am 

That right there Drama would be quite the haul. I'd be ecstatic with that one. White, Polite, Mullen, Buggs and Long? Out-fucking-standing.

RIP John Denver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:14 am 

Outstanding draft...awful song. One of the worst “great” songs ever recorded.
Did I mention that I hate that song?
And now of course, it will be running through my head all fucking day... :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:59 pm 

I would like to add the Rb from Slippery rock to this team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:14 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Outstanding draft...awful song. One of the worst “great” songs ever recorded.
Did I mention that I hate that song?
And now of course, it will be running through my head all fucking day... :evil:

Agree on the draft....not the song.

Jobus, maybe this version will change your mind a little.

Great vocalists... Allen Stone....worth the four minutes, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:12 pm 

Love Toots and the Maytals' version...

I don't think WVU misses a beat without Holgorsen. Neal Brown's gonna be a winner in Morgantown.

I dig that draft Drama. Great job!

#FreeSTD
#Obviously

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 pm 

What beat would that be? The 8-4 middle of the pack beat??? :lol:

Sorry guys, nice try on the song, but no matter the artist I just can’t stomach that song. It’s a droning, boring melody. A great song should touch ones emotions...one way or the other. That song just doesn’t do it for me...never understood the hype. Oh well...different strokes, I guess...