It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Labor Day Linebackers
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:31 pm 

1.) Joe Jackson 6’5 265 EDGE Miami- Yes I’m watching the Canes getting their asses kicked by LSU. That’s on Mark Richt. He blows. Talent is there as always but he knows not how to coach it. Yes, I’m a bitter dawgs fan. Anyway, Shoeless Joe here is an athletic marvel who will replace the bane of my existence, Bud Dupree.

2.) Anfernee Jennings 6’3 265 LB Alabama- Talk about hustle jumping off the screen?!?! This war daddy just brings it every damn play. He had that poor bastard Cardinal qb running for his life all night. Versatile kid that can play inside or out. I think TJ Watt over-trains himself right out of the starting lineup. Until then Jennings will be a terror off the edge or a beast in the middle. Our linebacking unit is the worst in my 47 years of life. Makes me want to puke, all the time PUUUUKE (your’e a goalie your supposed to be like that)!!!!

3.) Tre Lamar 6’3 250 LB Clemson- Drama you’re nuts. Maybe. But I just fixed the Steelers gawd awful linebacking unit for the next decade. Those of you clamoring for a 4-3 can have it with Joe Jackson able to drop down to a 4-3 end position while Lamar is a 5 star beast in the middle and Jennings can cause chaos from anywhere.

4.) Mike Weber- 5’10 215 RB THE Ohio St.- Admittedly, I slept through half of this never ending game, but Weber impressed me running all over a just pathetic Beaver defense. Damian Harris is my guy this year, but I’ll save him for another time. A mid round pick like Weber along with the pass catching prowess of Jaylen Samuels can more than replace the production of Leveon Bell.

6T) Mecole Hardman 5’11 185 WR Georgia- So what did we do trade down with Oakland for Ryan Switzer? That’s baby shit. Hardman my guy. Electric return man that runs the show on Ryan Switzer.

6) Albert Huggins 6’3 305 DT Clemson- I’d love to tap into this phenomenal DT draft class sooner but I was clearly distracted by fixing the abortion that is our linebacking crew. Anyway, Huggins is the 5th man of an incredible Clemson D-line. Kid can play.

7.) Daniel Imatorbhebhe 6’4 235 TE USC- With Vance McDonald unable to stay remotely healthy this could be the year the Steelers burn an early pick on a TE. But really I just wanted to once again mention this kid is a former student of mine.This will be the last time I mention it I promise. Just proud of his football and academic accomplishments. A little nuts but a smart kid. He's been kind of fragile battling a chronic hip injury. He transferred to USC from Florida to be with his younger brother Josh so still a redshirt jr I do believe.Get your ass on the field, Vance!

Thanks as always for reading. Just a list of kids I’ll be keeping an eye on this season. Let me know your thoughts and criticisms of these and other kids you’ve seen week 1.

Post subject: Re: Labor Day Linebackers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:51 pm 

Didn't know where to put this, but Darrell Henderson has been impressive for Memphis tonight. It's against GA State, but he's closing in on old friend DeAngelo Williams' single game rushing record, and was pretty damn good in his last outing, as well. Listed 5'9", 200, may be a little lighter that, but he's looked explosive.

Post subject: Re: Labor Day Linebackers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:07 pm 

Nice job Drama. Great point Ice. IMHO, if they aren't looking at TE and RB in early rounds next draft followed [closely] by ILB'er then I'll be disappointed. Since they won't draft for need I expect I'll be disappointed.