It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sam Hubbard Mock
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:42 am 

I used fanspeak premium. In one scanario I traded down but in another I played it as is.

28: R1P28
EDGE SAM HUBBARD
OHIO STATE

Interested to hear opinions, but I really like Hubbard as a dependable power rusher that can instantly upgrade our rotation. He isnt as flashy as Landry, but he racked up a lot of good production at OsU despite being caught in a big rotation

60: R2P28
S JESSIE BATES III
WAKE FOREST

I know opinions vary on his draft position, but faspeak had him available here, and he was the no brainer pick. Sits for a year and maybe comes in as the deep safety when burnett moves down to dime backer.

92: R3P28
WR DAESEAN HAMILTON
PENN STATE

The beat playmaker left on the board at this time. He is great out of the slot, can make plays deep, and he made a lot of plays in the RZ for PSU last year off the slot fade. Good depth and insurance for Bryant.

148: R5P11
LB SKAI MOORE
SOUTH CAROLINA

I waited this long on Lb for a reason. Moore is vastly underrated and can come off the bench as a mack and play very well in the nickel.

165: R5P28
LB SHAQUEM GRIFFIN
CENTRAL FLORIDA

This could have been a TE, but Im just not in love with any of the TEs in this class. This kid plays like his crotch is on fire and he will find a way onto the field in the sub packages. Plus if you notice what i did with Hubbard, Moore, and now Griffin, Ive planted the seeds of a 4-3.

220: R7P2
RB MARTEZ CARTER
Grambling

This kid was stuck behind Tarik Cohen in 2016 and put up similar numbers this year as a starter. He is a great scatback prospect that gives us a solid platoon with Connor if anything happens to Bell or if he leaves next year. Hidden gem.

246: R7P28
DL JOSHUA FRAZIER
ALABAMA

Everyone hates this pick but its late in the draft and it gets you ahead of the UDFA rat race with a player that fits an important niche on the roster. Hes not a dynamic player but if we play Jacksonville again, he will get meaningful snaps that Mccullers wasnt worthy of.

Post subject: Re: Sam Hubbard Mock
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:07 am 

I like...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:42 am 

I don't hate the Frazier pick but unlike others I don't understand the need to fret about McCullers or finding somebody better as that 6th DL. That 6th defensive lineman will be inactive for the most part barring any injuries, so who cares if it is Frazier or even McCullers?

If the Steelers continue with their 3-4 base and use sub packages more and more, like the 75% of the time they did last season, McCullers/Frazier are not going to be active on gameday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:43 am 

Scunge wrote:
I don't hate the Frazier pick but unlike others I don't understand the need to fret about McCullers or finding somebody better as that 6th DL. That 6th defensive lineman will be inactive for the most part barring any injuries, so who cares if it is Frazier or even McCullers?

If the Steelers continue with their 3-4 base and use sub packages more and more, like the 75% of the time they did last season, McCullers/Frazier are not going to be active on gameday.

There is some serious McCullers hate going on among the Steelerfury faithful. You're right, I'm not really a fan, but he's for all intents and purposes a practice squad player.

That said, it's an intriguing mock, especially since I'm actually thinking that, if you're the Steelers, it's likely you can have one of Hubbard/Bates, but probably not both. question I'm left with is: Is Bates 1, Hubbard 2 maybe more possibly than this scenario at this point in the process?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 am 

Moore and Griffin in the fifth? Me likey very much.

I have to think at worst Griffin is early day 3 though. I’d take him top 100.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:36 am 

If you've somehow managed Hubbard and Bates in the first two rounds, Griffin would be the best possible icing on the cake in the 3rd. Not in love with Hubbard, but I'd like that top 3 a LOT.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:59 am 

Draftniks always over value players more than teams. i like Griffin but I do not see him going before the 4th round. He could easily fall to the 5th round. But I am a draftnik and am always wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:53 am 

I can see him being one of the first few picks on day 3, but wouldn’t be shocked if he goes on Friday night. I think his tape and measurables = a top 100 player, but I know opinions vary on him. I’d love him as a Steeler.