It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How many O players are off the board by our pick?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:00 pm 

Most people would agree that our biggest needs are on the D side of the ball. Most are also guessing we probably take ILB, S or at least D with our first pick.

With that said, how many offensive players are selected within the first 27?

I have at least 5 QBs (maybe 6), 5 O linemen (maybe 6), 2 WRs (maybe 3), 1 RB (maybe 2) and likely 1 TE. That's 14 most likely and very possibly 18. Best case scenario 18 get picked, leaving only 9 defensive players being picked, meaning several very good D players could be available for us when we pick at 28.

How many O players do you guys see being picked in the first 27?

Post subject: Re: How many O players are off the board by our pick?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Most people would agree that our biggest needs are on the D side of the ball. Most are also guessing we probably take ILB, S or at least D with our first pick.

With that said, how many offensive players are selected within the first 27?

I have at least 5 QBs (maybe 6), 5 O linemen (maybe 6), 2 WRs (maybe 3), 1 RB (maybe 2) and likely 1 TE. That's 14 most likely and very possibly 18. Best case scenario 18 get picked, leaving only 9 defensive players being picked, meaning several very good D players could be available for us when we pick at 28.

How many O players do you guys see being picked in the first 27?

Darnold
Allen
Mayfield
Rosen
Jackson
Nelson
Hernandez
Moore
Ridley
McGlinchey
Barkley
Guice
are likely
Kolton Miller, Rojo, Wynn, or Michel a possibility. That's 12-16.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:06 pm 

I feel like there may be 10 offensive players taken in the first 27 picks. I have a hard time finding THAT many good prospects on offense in terms of first rounders.

Quarterbacks (5) Allen, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield and Jackson. Rudolph is not a first round worthy QB IMO.

Running Backs (1) I see just Saquon Barkley taken. Guice, Michel will be there at pick 28 if we went in that direction.

WRs (maybe 1 or 2) This WR class is very underwhelming at the top, it is lacking the bonafide star prospects like a Julio Jones, AJ Green, OBJ, etc. Yeah, maybe the Cowboys try and reach for a Calvin Ridley or a Courtland Sutton or a DJ Moore, to replace Dez Bryant but the top WRs in this class don't really separate themselves that much from the WRs that will be taken in round 2 or 3. That is troubling if you are in the market for a WR and will make teams pause when considering that first round WR.

TE (none) I just don't see any going in the first 27 picks.

T (1) Mike McGlinchey and Kolton Miller are probably the top two tackles but it really isn't that great a year to be drafting for a tackle. I think McGlinchey goes in the first 27 and then Miller late 1st round, early 2nd, maybe Belichick drafts him with his late 1st round pick to replace Solder at LT.

G (2) I think Quenton Nelson goes easily in the top 10 and maybe an Isaiah Wynn or Will Hernandez joins him before our pick is up.

So, if I tally that up I only have 10-11 picks, 10 picks really as I think only 1 WR will go.

I just think that in the first round the talent, the game changers, the impact players are on defense and teams will snatch them up quickly.

So, who are those 17 defenders that I think will be taken?

Safeties, Derwin James, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Justin Reid, Ronnie Harrison

ILBs, Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Leighton Vander Esche,

DEs, Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport

DTs, Vita Vea, Da'Ron Payne, Taven Bryan

CBs Denzel Ward, Joshua Jackson, Jaire Alexander

OLB/Edge Harold Landry, Sam Hubbard

If all of those players are gone, we are left with a Rashann Evans or a Jessie Bates or a Lorenzo Carter. Not very appetizing for me, I would rather grab the second best RB in Guice than have to settle for the 4th or 5th best S, ILB or OLB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:11 pm 

Bates is the #1 best Free Safety in this draft. I have no problems with taking him over the #2-3-4 RB. Safety is literally our weakest starting position, as currently construed. We will get KILLED in Quarters/Red Zone coverage if Davis is our starter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:46 pm 

I don't know, I think there's going to be a run on OL in the first. Not saying that all that get picked will be ranked in the top 27, but with so many teams needing OL and T's being scarce and IOL being pretty strong, I can see it.

Starting at pick 6, the Colts could easily going OL. Then, the Bears (8), Bills (12 or 22), Cardinals (15), Ravens (16), Seahawks (18), Bengals (21), Pats (23) and Titans (25). Not all will grab OL, but half could very easily.

If the OL run doesn't happen before our pick at 28, it will most definitively happen early to mid round two, which again helps push a higher ranked player of need towards us. What I'm really saying is that I think this draft falls well for us early.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm 

Can't imagine Guice being around at 28. Way too many teams like him. Wouldn't be shocked if someone actually traded up for him in the early 20s if he fell.