It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: This Is The Mock I Have Today... Long Way To Go
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:35 pm 

Id be fine with Rudolph, I think he can get it done. Jackson no thanks to small run first QB's anyone remember Robert Griffin? Me neither.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:27 pm 

Any QB who has a Wonderlic of 13 and whose agent has literally breastfed him, he's DND to me.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:11 pm 

Solid mock B2B.

I think this may be the season the Steelers trade down

Names to watch for IMO you don't hear a ton about associated with the Steelers

Harrison Phillips DT/DE- Can play inside and out. Can really rush the passer

Jeff Holland OLB -Young raw...Can bend and rush the passer. Explosive 1st step

Sony Michel...He has warts...He will fumble. He is bigger faster and far more explosive than one would think

The additions of Bostic and Burnett change things a bit I guess...I would still look to improve both positions.

The Steelers lack depth on the roster IMO...They need to add a 7th OL and improve the backers for example

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:16 pm 

Jeff Holland is intriguing to me. I think I read somewhere he improved his 40 time to 4.68 at Auburns's Pro Day. I know people are labeling him as having a bad body, not having a chiseled physique I guess?, but if he can play who the hell cares what he looks like with his shirt off?

I am not concerned about drafting RB who may occasionally fumble because our own Leveon Bell has become a fumbler now, so a rookie RB would fit right in. Bell has 7 fumbles in his last 27 games.

I just don't want to see the Steelers force the issue at ILB or at S. If the top prospects are gone then go best player available at another position, don't force it.

That is how you end up with Bud Dupree or Artie Burns. They were hell bent on spending a first round pick in a position of need and that was that. Both of those players are already at a crossroads in their careers. Will Dupree even have his 5th year option picked up? If the Steelers draft an OLB in round 1 or 2 doesn't that mean he was a wasted pick? I think that if Burns does not remove his head from his ass, Sutton could very well sneak in and steal the starting job from Burns.

I would not draft Evans in round 1 at all. Sorry but a 30 inch vertical and refuses to run the 40? That 4.36 short shuttle time was one of the worst at the combine for inside linebackers. It wouldn't surprise me to see him run a 4.75 40. That is not a good enough athlete to spend a 1st round pick on.

IF LVE and Justin Reid are both gone, and say Bates too, do you really take a chance on Evans in round 1? That is scary as hell, to take a chance on another Jarvis Jones-type? Athletically, you have to put up at least some baseline numbers, and to me Evans just does not make the grade.

Better to grab Guice or Michel in that scenario, don't force the issue, don't reach for Evans.