It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: This Is The Mock I Have Today... Long Way To Go
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:45 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
jebrick wrote:
If the Steelers are looking at a space eating NT this draft has some good ones. I just do not know what they are looking for anymore.

Harrison Phillips, Derrick Nnadi,Tim Settle, Poona Ford.

I think Tim Settle is perfect. He's going to go about pick 40. So, how would you feel about Tim Settle at 28? Can't see them doing it... and although I considered it for like 5 minutes in the board draft and for like 10 seconds in this mock, I couldn't pull the trigger on such a boom/bust guy, even if he epitomizes planet theory.

Harrison Phillips is a made to order 5 tech. Nnadi's lack of explosion AND lack of movement skills doom him. Poona's a good player but I can't imagine he'll hold up with his lack of length. I could be wrong. I'd say Vita Vea, Settle, Fatukasi, maybe Senat are the guys I could see. I'm not so into the Alabama guys, but Payne might work as a limited snaps player. I'm not sure I see the value in it. I think Settle and Fatukasi could see lots of snaps along the line and in packages.

He will get drafted well before pick 28 so no point in debating it but B2B you're WAY underselling Da'Ron Payne imo. Kid's a STUD.
Tim Settle was a kid I really liked but man he looked really sloppy at the combine. Tape matters most, but he looked awful. A slide to day 3 wouldn't shock me.
I think Ken Norton's kid could be a sleeper pick with Karl Dunbar visiting the 'Canes pro day.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 pm 

cop1211 wrote:
I like Hill and Jones from NC State as DT/NT prospects.

I think those guys are pretty good-- but it's hard to know considering the overall talent on that line overwhelming OLs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:35 am 

A quick mock this morning....

@ 28 Leighton Vander Esch
@ 60 Jesse Bates III
@ 92 Jaylen Samuels
@ 148 B.J. Hill
@ 165 Fred Warner
@ 176 Alex Cappa
@ 246 Durham Smythe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:06 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Harrison Phillips is a made to order 5 tech. Nnadi's lack of explosion AND lack of movement skills doom him. Poona's a good player but I can't imagine he'll hold up with his lack of length. I could be wrong. I'd say Vita Vea, Settle, Fatukasi, maybe Senat are the guys I could see. I'm not so into the Alabama guys, but Payne might work as a limited snaps player. I'm not sure I see the value in it. I think Settle and Fatukasi could see lots of snaps along the line and in packages.

Phillips is only 6'3 which does not fit into the Standard Steeler DE ( that being 6'5) but he does have all the attributes to make a good 0/1 tech.
Ford has those outrageously long arms and is built like a bowling ball. He also plays very low.

Again, I am not sure what the Steelers are looking for any more at NT. If we go to the player that you must double then ( outside Vea), Phillips is outstanding.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:01 am 

I think Payne is better suited to not being a nose tackle, too. He's also underaged. But my question is: do Harrison and Payne as NTs make this defense better? How much better? For how many snaps a game? I think both have strengths but I think they're going to go too early because the draft doesn't have many outlier big men. And, next year is going to be a big man DL extravaganza, if the guys who are expected to come out come out. Like 3 easy 1st rounders pushing down a Vita Vea type to late 1st, early 2nd.

To me, Settle is a little different. He's super young, not just in age but I think in maturity as a person/body. He's a freak-- even his poor combine showing had elements of freakishness. It looked like he's never practiced a drill in his life. He has dynamism on tape that none of the other guys mentioned had. Boom or bust, to be sure, but the boom side is Ngata/Fat Casey territory.

I'm way more worried about Sean Davis having to cover a WR from off man in quarters/Red Zone than I am about Hargrave's down sophomore year. The situation isn't perfect at NT but they have some bodies to throw at it. Safety is still a clusterfuck.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:17 pm 

I'm beginning to think it's gonna be Guice in the 1st Round and that the front office is done w/ Bell and his BS...then ILB, SS in 2nd/3rd round....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 pm 

I think they're in bad shape locating a starting-caliber Mack after pick 20 of this draft who isn't named Skai Moore (with his medical questions) or perhaps Shaquem Griffin (I don't think that's the right position for him).

If you're a Fred Warner fan (I'm not) it could be him. Jerome Baker, same thing (also not a fan). I think Warner's a 4-3 OLB and I'm not at all sure Baker can play inside in a 3-4.

I don't know what they're going to do, other than roll with Bostic and a limited rookie splitting snaps. Maybe they'll take a risk with Rashaan Evans and his recurrent groin issues and coverage flaws, but I'd be surprised, because he just seems like more of a Buck type.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:05 pm 

Im also thinking its LVE or bust for ILB. might draft one in the 5th or later if they dont go LVE, and I think he wont be available. Maybe Leonard in the second???
Im starting to think it might be a little shocker in the first, RB,WR, or CB or Bates/Reed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:30 pm 

cop1211 wrote:
Im also thinking its LVE or bust for ILB. might draft one in the 5th or later if they dont go LVE, and I think he wont be available. Maybe Leonard in the second???
Im starting to think it might be a little shocker in the first, RB,WR, or CB or Bates/Reed.

I’m beginning to think it’s going to be a big shock...QB. Rudolph or Jackson...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:07 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
cop1211 wrote:

I’m beginning to think it’s going to be a big shock...QB. Rudolph or Jackson...

“You may be wrong for all I know but you maybe right.”
Rudolph was in studio on path to the draft tonight. Seems like a quality kid but I hope you’re wrong, Jobu.
I enjoy watching Lamar Jackson play football but his selection might cost me a TV. Oh well Plasma is outdated technology anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next