It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Steelers Needs in FA and the draft
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:05 pm 

Well as usual they filled their holes so they will sit and wait for a player that no one thought would be there, is there.
So they can go bpa on their board.
Could be any of the following positions ILB, S, CB,Haden is a large cap hit next year, WR I believe only Brown and Smith-Shuster are under contract, or RB depending on the Bell decision.

CB Alexander or WR Sutton wouldn’t surprise me as BPA. Dare I say QB Mason Rudolph??

1.CB Alexander
2.ILB Nwosu
3.WR Miller
4. None
5a.OLB
5b.S
6.DT
7.OT

1.WR Sutton
2.S Edmunds
3.ILB Leonard
4.none
5a.OLB
5b.DT
6.OT
7. S

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:58 am 

To be honest, I'm hoping for that usual draft day dissent on a certain player and as usual the Steelers are there to catch him.... :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:44 am 

cop1211 wrote:
Well as usual they filled their holes so they will sit and wait for a player that no one thought would be there, is there.
So they can go bpa on their board.
Could be any of the following positions ILB, S, CB,Haden is a large cap hit next year, WR I believe only Brown and Smith-Shuster are under contract, or RB depending on the Bell decision.

CB Alexander or WR Sutton wouldn’t surprise me as BPA. Dare I say QB Mason Rudolph??

1.CB Alexander
2.ILB Nwosu
3.WR Miller
4. None
5a.OLB
5b.S
6.DT
7.OT

1.WR Sutton
2.S Edmunds
3.ILB Leonard
4.none
5a.OLB
5b.DT
6.OT
7. S

I think the Mason Rudolph thing could be smoke for a trade down. I know it would be totally out of character for the Steelers to be non-transparent... but it makes so much sense.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:50 pm 

I said that also this was a total smoke screen of Rudolph and maybe trade down scenario.
But i am starting to think this really might happen if he there at 28 Tomlin and Colbert have took very hard look at him. I thinking we see a WR taken in round 3.
I think you see them take either the Boise LB or USC LB in round one.
then i believe it will be Bates in round 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:52 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
I said that also this was a total smoke screen of Rudolph and maybe trade down scenario.
But i am starting to think this really might happen if he there at 28 Tomlin and Colbert have took very hard look at him. I thinking we see a WR taken in round 3.
I think you see them take either the Boise LB or USC LB in round one.
then i believe it will be Bates in round 2

Could be:
1. LB Nwosu
2. WR Miller
3. S Bates

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:09 am 

I’d rather have Rudolph in the first than Nwosu I don’t see 1st round talent in him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:04 am 

My draft favorite for the Steelers is Lorenzo Carter. I believe he checks all the boxes for them. If a significantly better prospect (Derwin James) doesn't fall to them I could see them drafting Carter in the 1st RND and be fine with it. Carter can play inside or outside. I'd be interested where they'd play him. (outside)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:48 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
My draft favorite for the Steelers is Lorenzo Carter. I believe he checks all the boxes for them. If a significantly better prospect (Derwin James) doesn't fall to them I could see them drafting Carter in the 1st RND and be fine with it. Carter can play inside or outside. I'd be interested where they'd play him. (outside)

I think Nwosu and Carter are pretty close in style, what they can do for you, and ability to play inside and out. I would take Carter over Nwosu, but I’m not going to complain about either.

I don’t see the value in Rudolph over either— not for this team, and as I say, I like Rudolph. I also don’t believe in the concept of “reach”. If a guy will be gone before your next pick and you like him most of who is available— not a reach.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:23 pm 

I reall like Nwsou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:49 pm 

Carter hands down over Nwosu, IMHO. Carter..., Length, Check. Speed, Check. Height/Weight, Check. Production, Check. Freak Athlete, Check. Position of Need, Check. Above Neck Ability, Check. Position Flexibility, Check. The only thing I found that goes against their usual indicators is Carter will be 23 in December. So age isn't necessarily a Check.