It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15755
Evans would be a huge risk, considering he was bad in coverage and he has two groin injuries in two seasons, one of which was severe and is apparently not yet healed. Wouldn't shock me if he requires surgery, a la Bud Dupree's groin injury a couple of years ago.

I think LVE will be, as Greek said, the fit for the modern NFL. But. He's a one-year starter, he played a mixed bag of competition, and he's a finesse tackler who often misses plays by over running them or whiffing on a tackle. I would take him at 28, simply because the depth at that position is so non-existent and the starters are good but not entrenched for years to come.

Beyond Edmunds and LVE, I like but don't love Warner & Griffin as a Mack (To me, Warner's a better fit as an OLB in a 4-3, where he can focus on one part of the field... Griffin is more suited as a SS or 4-3 Will). I think Kiser, Scales and the like are no good as a fit. I'm not sure Baker can play. Shaun Dion Hamilton is too small for my liking. Burks is strictly a STs guy. Avery is going to be a very good edge player, not so good in space. I like Christian Sam and Andre Smith, but I don't think either is a fit as a Mack. The kid from NDSU is good, but he needs to have limited responsibilities in coverage. I haven't seen enough of Darius Leonard to have a set opinion, but he seems light and small-framed to me. It's why I keep coming back to Skai Moore.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1274
I'd be good with LVE, but he is getting picked somewhere in the early to mid 20s.

Starting to think ILB will be addressed later in the draft and they will keep their eyes on veteran cuts in June.

Not really sure where they go round 1 as of today. Justin Reid maybe


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15755
Charles Demarr wrote:
I'd be good with LVE, but he is getting picked somewhere in the early to mid 20s.

Starting to think ILB will be addressed later in the draft and they will keep their eyes on veteran cuts in June.

Not really sure where they go round 1 as of today. Justin Reid maybe

I think they'd take Jesse Bates over Reid. They have shown a lot more interest in Bates and, honestly, he's a better fit for them. The obstacle for me is: are they willing to more or less give up on Sean Davis after two seasons?

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 3806
The steelers really have to draft a FS .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 12616
Quote:
@DWolfsonKSTP
Recorded a new podcast yesterday afternoon. Former #Gophers DT Steven Richardson said he's received some interest from the #Steelers, #49ers, and #Seahawks. Former #Gophers LB Jonathan Celestin also joined. Both represented the 'U' very well. https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status ... 6360407040
Quote:
Guice is scheduled to visit several prominent franchises. The New England Patriots are next on his docket, and Guice is still set to see the Philadelphia Eagles, a visit which was rescheduled after flight issues. Yesterday Guice met with the Detroit Lions, Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-lsu

_________________
Tomlin wrote:
You Know; Really Not A Lot To Say. I Really Don't Plan A Lot For These Moments http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/T ... b99b3e2551


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1608
I honestly believe that Guice will be there when we pick at 28. I hear people saying he will be gone I just have a hard time understanding which teams would take him.

Arizona at 15? No, they have DJ and look to extend him after the season.

Could he go as early as 16 to the Ravens? Doubtful, that seems way too early and the Ravens have issues all over the place. RB Alex Collins only started 12 games but rushed for 973 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry. He looked good catching the ball too. He is only 23 years old, appears they have their new Ray Rice.

Chargers at 17? They have RB Melvin Gordon at least for the next two seasons and he rushed for over 1,105 yards and 58 receptions with 12 TDs last year. Again, they have way more pressing needs elsewhere.

Seahawks at 18? Yeah, they lost Thomas Rawls and Eddie Lacy disappointed big time. So, Guice would make a lot of sense with this pick. But, that Legion of Boom defense is in such bad shape, Sherman is gone, Earl Thomas wants to be gone too, other players are getting older and becoming more injury-prone. Can Carroll afford to use that 18th pick for a RB? I don't think he can, that defense is so leaky, is on the verge of collapse and he needs to use this mid first round pick to shock that defense to life, to start the rebuild process.

Dallas at 19? No, they have Zeke.

Detroit at 20? Yeah, to me this is the most realistic, earliest spot for Guice to be taken. Historically, the Lions haven't had a RB, a real modern RB in a long, long time. I am talking a RB that can rush for 1,000 yards, give you a semblance of a complementary running game to take pressure off of Stafford. Matt Patricia is running the show now in Detroit. One of his first moves was to sign Legarrette Blount. You take Blount, Abdullah and Riddick and that gives you that classic New England RB by committee approach. Patricia being a defensive minded coach, is he really going to spend his inaugural first ever first round pick on offense? Really? I doubt it, odds to me are better that he uses that first round pick on defense, to get that player that is sort of his mission statement for the defense, that player that shows what he wants, and expects on defense moving forward.

Cincy at 21 has Joe Mixon and Giovanni Bernard, they are in great shape. They pass on Guice.

Buffalo at 22, they have Shady McCoy still under contract for 2 years.

New England at 23. Never can dismiss Belichick and what he might do, but man he has holes all over the place when you think about it. Lost his LT in Solder, lost CB Malcolm Butler, traded away Brandin Cooks, lost Danny Amendola, lost Dion Lewis. Now he did sign some players in free agency, he signed former Bengal Jeremy Hill who can be that dedicated runner in his RB by committee approach. They still have Rex Burkhead and James White so they offset Dion Lewis. I can't see them drafting Guice.

Carolina at 24? They have always preferred the RB by committee approach, going all the way back to when they had DeAngelo Williams and Stewart. Now they have Stewart, McCaffery and Curtis Samuel. Would they really invest ANOTHER 1st round pick in a RB after taking McCaffery 1st last year? They can easily use a 3rd or 4th round pick to replace what Stewart does in the offense, a 1st for Guice would be overkill.

The Titans at 25? No, not going to happen. They have Derrick Henry and just signed Dion Lewis from NE, they have their 1-2 punch, their Thunder and Lightning.

Falcons at 26? They signed Freeman last year for $8 million per season and still have Tevin Coleman for this season only, he will be a free agent in 2019. There has been talk that they are trying to extend him as well. They really seem to prefer having two interchangeable runner/receivers that are perfectly fit for their up tempo offense. Is Guice a fit there? I don't think so and I see them adding a WR or a defensive player, much greater need.

The Saints at 27? Again, like a lot teams they have their dynamic duo already in place with Ingram and Kamara.

Steelers at 28? Sure, we have Bell but for only 2018, he will not be coming back on a 2019 franchise tag number of $21 million. The Steelers just don't draft for this year, they draft for next year, or two years from now, etc. LVE is most likely gone by this point, I think Justin Reid is gone too. The worst thing the Steelers can do is reach for a Rahsaan Evans because they have a need and they want to force the issue. How well did that work out with Jarvis Jones, or Bud Dupree, or Artie Burns? If they are faced with taking the 4th or 5th ranked player at ILB or S and taking the 2nd ranked RB, it is a no brainer for me, you take the RB. Guice is the best player available by a pretty wide margin and Bell is gone in 2019. He is the best choice and provides an incredible 1-2 punch for 2018.

Now yeah, some team could trade up with one of those teams to take Guice before our 28th pick. But how realistic is that? What would it take for a team to move up in front of us? A lot and I think that won't happen, teams would do that for a QB they covet but not for a RB.

_________________
We have got to come up with a better name for 'sub package defense'!! Any ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 857
1.RB GUICE
2.ILB LEONARD
3.WR PETTIS
4,NA
5A.S. CRUIKSHANK
5B.OLB
6.NA
7A.OT
7B.CB

2019
1.S
2.OLB
3.TE
4.OT
5.WR
6.OLB
7.NT

2020
1.QB
2.C
3.OT
4.WR
5OLB
6.DE
7.OG


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1274
Scunge wrote:
I honestly believe that Guice will be there when we pick at 28. I hear people saying he will be gone I just have a hard time understanding which teams would take him.

Arizona at 15? No, they have DJ and look to extend him after the season.

Could he go as early as 16 to the Ravens? Doubtful, that seems way too early and the Ravens have issues all over the place. RB Alex Collins only started 12 games but rushed for 973 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry. He looked good catching the ball too. He is only 23 years old, appears they have their new Ray Rice.

Chargers at 17? They have RB Melvin Gordon at least for the next two seasons and he rushed for over 1,105 yards and 58 receptions with 12 TDs last year. Again, they have way more pressing needs elsewhere.

Seahawks at 18? Yeah, they lost Thomas Rawls and Eddie Lacy disappointed big time. So, Guice would make a lot of sense with this pick. But, that Legion of Boom defense is in such bad shape, Sherman is gone, Earl Thomas wants to be gone too, other players are getting older and becoming more injury-prone. Can Carroll afford to use that 18th pick for a RB? I don't think he can, that defense is so leaky, is on the verge of collapse and he needs to use this mid first round pick to shock that defense to life, to start the rebuild process.

Dallas at 19? No, they have Zeke.

Detroit at 20? Yeah, to me this is the most realistic, earliest spot for Guice to be taken. Historically, the Lions haven't had a RB, a real modern RB in a long, long time. I am talking a RB that can rush for 1,000 yards, give you a semblance of a complementary running game to take pressure off of Stafford. Matt Patricia is running the show now in Detroit. One of his first moves was to sign Legarrette Blount. You take Blount, Abdullah and Riddick and that gives you that classic New England RB by committee approach. Patricia being a defensive minded coach, is he really going to spend his inaugural first ever first round pick on offense? Really? I doubt it, odds to me are better that he uses that first round pick on defense, to get that player that is sort of his mission statement for the defense, that player that shows what he wants, and expects on defense moving forward.

Cincy at 21 has Joe Mixon and Giovanni Bernard, they are in great shape. They pass on Guice.

Buffalo at 22, they have Shady McCoy still under contract for 2 years.

New England at 23. Never can dismiss Belichick and what he might do, but man he has holes all over the place when you think about it. Lost his LT in Solder, lost CB Malcolm Butler, traded away Brandin Cooks, lost Danny Amendola, lost Dion Lewis. Now he did sign some players in free agency, he signed former Bengal Jeremy Hill who can be that dedicated runner in his RB by committee approach. They still have Rex Burkhead and James White so they offset Dion Lewis. I can't see them drafting Guice.

Carolina at 24? They have always preferred the RB by committee approach, going all the way back to when they had DeAngelo Williams and Stewart. Now they have Stewart, McCaffery and Curtis Samuel. Would they really invest ANOTHER 1st round pick in a RB after taking McCaffery 1st last year? They can easily use a 3rd or 4th round pick to replace what Stewart does in the offense, a 1st for Guice would be overkill.

The Titans at 25? No, not going to happen. They have Derrick Henry and just signed Dion Lewis from NE, they have their 1-2 punch, their Thunder and Lightning.

Falcons at 26? They signed Freeman last year for $8 million per season and still have Tevin Coleman for this season only, he will be a free agent in 2019. There has been talk that they are trying to extend him as well. They really seem to prefer having two interchangeable runner/receivers that are perfectly fit for their up tempo offense. Is Guice a fit there? I don't think so and I see them adding a WR or a defensive player, much greater need.

The Saints at 27? Again, like a lot teams they have their dynamic duo already in place with Ingram and Kamara.

Steelers at 28? Sure, we have Bell but for only 2018, he will not be coming back on a 2019 franchise tag number of $21 million. The Steelers just don't draft for this year, they draft for next year, or two years from now, etc. LVE is most likely gone by this point, I think Justin Reid is gone too. The worst thing the Steelers can do is reach for a Rahsaan Evans because they have a need and they want to force the issue. How well did that work out with Jarvis Jones, or Bud Dupree, or Artie Burns? If they are faced with taking the 4th or 5th ranked player at ILB or S and taking the 2nd ranked RB, it is a no brainer for me, you take the RB. Guice is the best player available by a pretty wide margin and Bell is gone in 2019. He is the best choice and provides an incredible 1-2 punch for 2018.

Now yeah, some team could trade up with one of those teams to take Guice before our 28th pick. But how realistic is that? What would it take for a team to move up in front of us? A lot and I think that won't happen, teams would do that for a QB they covet but not for a RB.



Jonathan Stewart is gone in Carolina. They have McCaffery who they use more as a receiver. The Lions are the most realistic spot for Guice. I drafted them Sony Michel in our board mock, but Guice is picking up steam now.

I think he's gone by 1.28


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6500
Charles Demarr wrote:
Scunge wrote:
I honestly believe that Guice will be there when we pick at 28. I hear people saying he will be gone I just have a hard time understanding which teams would take him.

Arizona at 15? No, they have DJ and look to extend him after the season.

Could he go as early as 16 to the Ravens? Doubtful, that seems way too early and the Ravens have issues all over the place. RB Alex Collins only started 12 games but rushed for 973 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry. He looked good catching the ball too. He is only 23 years old, appears they have their new Ray Rice.

Chargers at 17? They have RB Melvin Gordon at least for the next two seasons and he rushed for over 1,105 yards and 58 receptions with 12 TDs last year. Again, they have way more pressing needs elsewhere.

Seahawks at 18? Yeah, they lost Thomas Rawls and Eddie Lacy disappointed big time. So, Guice would make a lot of sense with this pick. But, that Legion of Boom defense is in such bad shape, Sherman is gone, Earl Thomas wants to be gone too, other players are getting older and becoming more injury-prone. Can Carroll afford to use that 18th pick for a RB? I don't think he can, that defense is so leaky, is on the verge of collapse and he needs to use this mid first round pick to shock that defense to life, to start the rebuild process.

Dallas at 19? No, they have Zeke.

Detroit at 20? Yeah, to me this is the most realistic, earliest spot for Guice to be taken. Historically, the Lions haven't had a RB, a real modern RB in a long, long time. I am talking a RB that can rush for 1,000 yards, give you a semblance of a complementary running game to take pressure off of Stafford. Matt Patricia is running the show now in Detroit. One of his first moves was to sign Legarrette Blount. You take Blount, Abdullah and Riddick and that gives you that classic New England RB by committee approach. Patricia being a defensive minded coach, is he really going to spend his inaugural first ever first round pick on offense? Really? I doubt it, odds to me are better that he uses that first round pick on defense, to get that player that is sort of his mission statement for the defense, that player that shows what he wants, and expects on defense moving forward.

Cincy at 21 has Joe Mixon and Giovanni Bernard, they are in great shape. They pass on Guice.

Buffalo at 22, they have Shady McCoy still under contract for 2 years.

New England at 23. Never can dismiss Belichick and what he might do, but man he has holes all over the place when you think about it. Lost his LT in Solder, lost CB Malcolm Butler, traded away Brandin Cooks, lost Danny Amendola, lost Dion Lewis. Now he did sign some players in free agency, he signed former Bengal Jeremy Hill who can be that dedicated runner in his RB by committee approach. They still have Rex Burkhead and James White so they offset Dion Lewis. I can't see them drafting Guice.

Carolina at 24? They have always preferred the RB by committee approach, going all the way back to when they had DeAngelo Williams and Stewart. Now they have Stewart, McCaffery and Curtis Samuel. Would they really invest ANOTHER 1st round pick in a RB after taking McCaffery 1st last year? They can easily use a 3rd or 4th round pick to replace what Stewart does in the offense, a 1st for Guice would be overkill.

The Titans at 25? No, not going to happen. They have Derrick Henry and just signed Dion Lewis from NE, they have their 1-2 punch, their Thunder and Lightning.

Falcons at 26? They signed Freeman last year for $8 million per season and still have Tevin Coleman for this season only, he will be a free agent in 2019. There has been talk that they are trying to extend him as well. They really seem to prefer having two interchangeable runner/receivers that are perfectly fit for their up tempo offense. Is Guice a fit there? I don't think so and I see them adding a WR or a defensive player, much greater need.

The Saints at 27? Again, like a lot teams they have their dynamic duo already in place with Ingram and Kamara.

Steelers at 28? Sure, we have Bell but for only 2018, he will not be coming back on a 2019 franchise tag number of $21 million. The Steelers just don't draft for this year, they draft for next year, or two years from now, etc. LVE is most likely gone by this point, I think Justin Reid is gone too. The worst thing the Steelers can do is reach for a Rahsaan Evans because they have a need and they want to force the issue. How well did that work out with Jarvis Jones, or Bud Dupree, or Artie Burns? If they are faced with taking the 4th or 5th ranked player at ILB or S and taking the 2nd ranked RB, it is a no brainer for me, you take the RB. Guice is the best player available by a pretty wide margin and Bell is gone in 2019. He is the best choice and provides an incredible 1-2 punch for 2018.

Now yeah, some team could trade up with one of those teams to take Guice before our 28th pick. But how realistic is that? What would it take for a team to move up in front of us? A lot and I think that won't happen, teams would do that for a QB they covet but not for a RB.



Jonathan Stewart is gone in Carolina. They have McCaffery who they use more as a receiver. The Lions are the most realistic spot for Guice. I drafted them Sony Michel in our board mock, but Guice is picking up steam now.

I think he's gone by 1.28

I think Guice and Michel are both on the board when the Steelers sprint begins...I like them both.
I like Michel a little bit more.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15755
Jobus Rum wrote:
Charles Demarr wrote:
Lions are the most realistic spot for Guice. I drafted them Sony Michel in our board mock, but Guice is picking up steam now.

I think he's gone by 1.28

I think Guice and Michel are both on the board when the Steelers sprint begins...I like them both.
I like Michel a little bit more.

I take Guice now a heartbeat over Michel, and I like Michel. Guice is going to be similar to Michel in the run game, and a much better and more dynamic player as a pass receiver.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group