It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Steelers meeting...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:11 pm 

Feels like there was more to that thought, B2B.

Also, apparently the other QB named Allen is picking up some later round buzz.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:28 pm 

Ice wrote:
Feels like there was more to that thought, B2B.

Also, apparently the other QB named Allen is picking up some later round buzz.

Quote:
I take Guice now a heartbeat over Michel, and I like Michel. Guice is going to be similar to Michel in the run game, and a much better and more dynamic player as a pass receiver.

Allen from Houston? He's a good player. Austin Allen from Arkansas? Not so much. Unless I have them mixed up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:30 pm 

Allen from Houston.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:45 pm 

Ice wrote:
Allen from Houston.

His two big WRs are both in this draft class. They don't test that well and they're not huge physical specimens, but I'd take either or both on my team.

Steven Dunbar, 6011, 210

Linell Bonner, 6000, 200

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:05 am 

I have no problem taking either Michel or Guice. It is interesting to me B2B, but I think Guice is the better pure runner and Michel will be the better pure pass catcher. Michel had 64 catches for 621 yards, a 9.7 yard avg and 6 TDs, he seems more advanced in running routes, in not rounding off his routes, coming slow out of his breaks, cuts when running the routes. Guice had just 32 catches for 250 yards, a 7.8 yard avg and 3 TDs, he was really under-utilized and the routes and whatnot were of the simple variety. I think Guice can get a lot better at it with experience and have 50-60 catches a season. Michel though can be that RB who is at another level in terms of catching the ball.

In terms of running, I really do see the comparisons that some make with Frank Gore and Marshawn Lynch with Guice. The contact balance, the physicality, his instincts for running. I don't know, they are very close, Michel and Guice. It is going to suck though, if a year from now, we are all sitting here talking about what RB the Steelers are going to draft because Bell is gone and the pickings may be slim as we pick again at the end of the first round.

But this year the planets have all aligned, there may be a run on QBs and these two RBs that probably should be drafted much earlier are most likely both going to be there at 28. So, we have our next great RB there for the taking, served up nicely at 28 and all we have to decide is which to take. How can we pass that up?

Do we take the 4th or 5th ranked ILB instead? The 4th or 5th ranked S instead? I look at Barkely obviously as the best RB prospect, he is #1, but the #2 is a tie between Guice and Michel, again, how can you not draft one of them over Evans or Bates? You get in trouble when you draft prospects further down your draft board as you reach to fill a need. BPA is what worked out so well with JuJu last season, they need to do the same this year.

Also, kick returns are not dead yet, and both Guice and Michel would give us great kick returns this year while working with Bell for that 1-2 punch. All of these teams that have that Thunder and Lightning, dual RB tandem, Freeman/Coleman, Ingram/Kamara, Henry/Lewis, Mixon/Bernhard, why can't we do the same?

Why wouldn't a RB duo of Bell and Guice or Bell and Michel NOT be in the Steeler's best interest for a Super Bowl this year? It would make Bell more effective to have less touches, to be more rested throughout the season and from game to game. You could have that rookie RB be a dynamite KR. And if there were an injury to Bell you have a first round RB ready to pick up the slack. And that rookie RB will be able to be under contract for the next 5 years, he would easily be able to play with Ben until Ben decides to retire.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 am 

I like both RBs-- don't know if I like taking them at 28, but I'm not as opposed to that as, say, a QB.

Quote:
Michel had 64 catches for 621 yards, a 9.7 yard avg and 6 TDs, he seems more advanced in running routes, in not rounding off his routes, coming slow out of his breaks, cuts when running the routes. Guice had just 32 catches for 250 yards, a 7.8 yard avg and 3 TDs, he was really under-utilized and the routes and whatnot were of the simple variety. I think Guice can get a lot better at it with experience and have 50-60 catches a season. Michel though can be that RB who is at another level in terms of catching the ball.

One word: LSU

Their situation and QB play there... you can't hold that against Guice. I've seen Guice's workouts and route running/ball locating he's displayed since the season ended... he's going to be crazy good.

Barkley-Guice-Michel are the top of the top. Rojo and Penny are right there, just a little less all-around.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:05 am 

Would like to see them look at this guy... https://www.vivathematadors.com/2018/4/ ... franchises

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 am 

Michel puts the ball on the ground way too much for my liking. I'd take Guice any day over him. Guice has better vision and I really like how he explodes through the hole when he sees it. He's also good after contact. I still struggle though with a RB at 1.28 when our D was such an abortion late last year. There are very good RBs to be had later in the draft.

There is a QB in this draft who has terrible throwing mechanics, is horribly inaccurate, and has had major knee issues. Yet, somehow the Pittsburgh Steelers are meeting with him and interested. How in the hell could this FO be interested in Lamar !(*$@ Jackson. That pick at 1.28 would be an absolute abortion of a selection. I can get on the Mason Rudolph train. The kid has smarts, guts, deceptive mobility, and can make all of the throws despite not having a cannon. But, Jackson? My new 65 inch OLED may be thrown out the window if that happens.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:33 am 

On ILB, I'm not a fan of either Evans or LVE. I think LVE plays too tall for the NFL and his first step out of his stance is slow. He takes a while to start accelerating and that concerns me at the NFL level. Evans makes plays, but so did Jarvis Jones. To be fair, I think Evans is better than JJ, but I don't want to spend a 1.28 on a guy whose speed is questionable and who will struggle in NFL coverage from what I can see.

I'd rather go Bates or Reid at safety.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10