It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Run Rich, Run
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:15 pm 

Leveon Bell signed or tagged and Martavis Bryant is not traded.
Couple cheap free agents signed to fill holes on defense.

Final mock until after combine.
Trading the 3rd for a 4th and another 5th

1.) Ronnie Harrison 6’3 215 S Alabama- Like many of you I have a job and a family to support so I have real life worries that keep me up at night, but I will sleep much better when Mike Mitchell is officially no longer a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

2.) Tim Settle 6’3 335 NT Virginia Tech- Jebrick the first one I saw mention this kid, but he’s become one of my guys. I overlooked this kid watching the Edmunds brothers. I really do think this beast is a 1st round talent, day 2 steal.

4T.) Fred Warner 6’4 235 LB BYU- Might find his way into the day 2 conversation after he blows up the combine. FC turned me on to this kid senior bowl week. Explosive, tackling machine that can cover like a safety and wreak havoc behind the line of scrimmage.

5T.) Josh Sweat 6’5 255 EDGE Florida St- The combine huge for this kid. Not his measurables but his medicals. Sweat nearly had to have his lower leg removed after a freak knee injury in high school. Could be in for a draft day slide. I’ll roll the day 3 dice.

5T) Dorance Armstrong 6’4 246 EDGE Kansas- First time mocking this kid but leave no stone un-turned. I can’t tell you the last time I’ve seen a University of Kansas football game, maybe never, but word is a lack of supporting cast is to blame for this guy’s anonymity. Perhaps after a strong combine, Armstrong will garner more attention the way rival Kansas State’s Jordan Willis did last year at this time.

5) Mark Walton 5’10 205 RB Miami- I’ve mocked him before and will continue to do so as long as he remains in the day 3 conversation. Dig him. So many tragic stories with many prospects and Walton no different. His father was murdered when he was young, his mom died this past season. If that doesn’t motivate you do give life your all I don’t know what would. I’ll be rooting for him.

7T) Jordan Lasley 6’1 210 WR UCLA- The game was hyped as Josh Rosen vs Sam Darnold but this Lasley kid stole the show. I tuned into USC/UCLA game to watch a former student of mine, Daniel Imatorbebe, a TE for the Trojans but was instead treated to this Lasley kid. Not enough superlatives for this dynamic playmaker. Physical too boasting a wicked stiff arm. Averages 8.8 yds per catch after reception. I know he has some off-field issues but Rob Rang has him ranked way too low here in round 7. I see day 2 talent, day 3 steal.

7) Genard Avery 6’1 247 LB Memphis- Old school hammer in the middle. All conference everything, team leader and proud carrier of the “Bad Mother-Fucker” wallet. Mississippi St high school power lifting champion is an explosive kid that could shine at the combine but more than that this kid is a helluva football player.

I know it’s just dudes running around in shorts but the combine is hours of football conversation that I thoroughly enjoy. Snarky Rich Eisen not one of my favorites, but at least he's not afraid to embarrass himself for charity. Maybe next year Eisen can try the bench press or vertical jump just to change things up a little.