It is currently Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: "Trades Jerry! I'm a heartbeat away!"
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:18 am 

1T) Derwin James 6’3 211 S Florida St- Read a rotoblurb this evening that said James was the top prospect worth trading up for. Ok I’m down. If this kid falls into the teens I’m definitely down. So the Steelers gave up a 3 and a 6 to move from 27 to 16 to move up for Troy way back in 2003. Well, the Steelers don’t have a 6th and we’re short on picks so since I’m half in the bag and it’s my mock on my school issued laptop, I’ll trade our 3rd and next year’s 5th to get the deal done. There. The second, 1st round safety drafted by the Steelers in franchise history both via trade up. Well worth the move. HUGE upgrade for the worst safety group in the NFL.

2.) Lotta holes on this crappy ass defense so I’m trading again. This time DOWN.

3T.) Darius Leonard 6’2 229 LB South Carolina St- Usually I like to choose my own path but I’m guessing Mike Tomlin will bang the table hard for this kid and give him the keys to the defense sooner rather than later.

4T.) Derrick Nnadi 6’1 312 NT Florida St- That’s with two “N’s” bitches. Didn’t catch a single Noles’ game after the ass whipping they took game one against Little Nicky and the Tide. Haven’t mocked this kid yet but watching him in 2016 I thought he was a real disruptor who could cause a ruckus in the middle.

5T.) Ola Adeniyi 6’2 248 EDGE Toledo- I get this war daddy on the field as a rookie. Here’s a novel idea. Why not get creative with TJ Watt? If a move inside isn’t in the cards then why not move him all around the defense. Kid’s a freakin’ chess piece. “You’re a stupid man, Mr. Burke” …err Butler.

5.) Javon Rolland-Jones 6’2 245 EDGE Arkansas St.- I’m just sick of watching Bud Dupree sleep walk his way through football games. Why not draft a couple of hard chargers like Ola and JRJ here on day 3 and just let them go wreck some quarterbacks.

7T) Oren Burks 6’3 230 LB Vanderbilt- Played well at 3 positions including safety and inside/outside linebacker during his time in Nash-Vegas. Athletic and tough but what impresses me in reading his bio is his exemplary leadership winning FBS award for his outstanding work in the community.

7) Max Redfield 6’2 205 S IUP- Which bring us to Mr. Redfield here who is also well known in his community…for getting arrested on possession of a gun and marijuana. Ahhhh youth. A former 5 star recruit got himself kicked out of Notre Dame. In small twist of irony, Redfield and IUP beat Assumption College, Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly’s alma mater, in the D2 playoffs this year. Anyway, Redfield won all kinds of D2 awards for his play at IUP and will be one to watch at the combine next week.

“That’s a helluva organization they’re running up there. Can’t imagine why they haven’t won a pennant in 15 years.” I know I’m not even qualified to be the assistant to the traveling secretary for the Steelers but every once in a while I like to give y’all something to think about like tonight’s trade up even if it's just for a second or two.

Post subject: Re: "Trades Jerry! I'm a heartbeat away!"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:22 am 

Not a single offensive player?

I think the Steelers select at least one offensive player in the first 3 rounds.

Post subject: Re: "Trades Jerry! I'm a heartbeat away!"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:27 pm 

Well geez Scunge, had I’d known the Steelers were trading both Le’Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant to the Raiders I would’ve most assuredly mocked a player or two for the offense. I apologize for my ignorance.

On an even less serious note If Bell and Bryant are in fact not traded or in Bells case lost in free agency, I feel near 100% certain the Steelers will not draft an offensive player in the first 3 rounds of the draft as you are professing but hey stranger things have happened. Just my opinion which you are clearly entitled not to share.