It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Mocks...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 pm 

I love how he acts like SPARQ is some kind of magic formula until he gets to the second round 5 pick, and then it's like, fuck SPARQ!

I feel like SPARQ for certain positions is great, for others I don't care that much-- but, if anything, I think it is perfect for late-round picks, because it assures that you have something to build on, and you're going to have to build them from scratch.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:11 am 

I noticed that too B2B. I agree with your logic applying SPARQ to the late RND guys. You know what you have 'usually' in the top RND's that's why they are taken in the top RND's. To be honest, I don't like Reid in the 1st RND. Big reach IMHO. Not a fan of Sweat. FC made a comment the other day during the combine saying this was a Steeler pick unfortunately. I feel the same way. Tested like tarzan plays like jane. I agree Dupree needs to get pushed. Either to playing a lot better or off the roster completely. If Lorenzo Carter was to be there at 60 I target him for edge. I disagree with Bryan, I believe they target a FA safety like they've always done and then target a 1st RND ILB. Perhaps look at safety in the later RND's. I do like Ballage and Smythe. Smythe is that blocking TE prospect that can catch. Ballage is that later RND sleeper type IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:54 am 

Man, it's such a shame that Pierre-Louis has legal trouble, because he's IDEAL as a value buy FA.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:00 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I noticed that too B2B. I agree with your logic applying SPARQ to the late RND guys. You know what you have 'usually' in the top RND's that's why they are taken in the top RND's. To be honest, I don't like Reid in the 1st RND. Big reach IMHO. Not a fan of Sweat. FC made a comment the other day during the combine saying this was a Steeler pick unfortunately. I feel the same way. Tested like tarzan plays like jane. I agree Dupree needs to get pushed. Either to playing a lot better or off the roster completely. If Lorenzo Carter was to be there at 60 I target him for edge. I disagree with Bryan, I believe they target a FA safety like they've always done and then target a 1st RND ILB. Perhaps look at safety in the later RND's. I do like Ballage and Smythe. Smythe is that blocking TE prospect that can catch. Ballage is that later RND sleeper type IMO.

I'd take Carter in the 1st. As much attention as Edmunds is getting, Carter should be getting more. Edmunds is long. Carter is longer. Edmunds is athletic. Carter is moreso. Edmunds is position flexible and has tape to prove it. Carter has the same and more, from a better conference against elite competition. He also checks most of the Steeler draft tendency boxes for the 1st round. If he's there at 28, I might applaud a podium sprint.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:59 pm 

Ice wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

I'd take Carter in the 1st. As much attention as Edmunds is getting, Carter should be getting more. Edmunds is long. Carter is longer. Edmunds is athletic. Carter is moreso. Edmunds is position flexible and has tape to prove it. Carter has the same and more, from a better conference against elite competition. He also checks most of the Steeler draft tendency boxes for the 1st round. If he's there at 28, I might applaud a podium sprint.

one guy is 19 and the other is, what, 23?. I think that's the thing. Carter is more of a finished product (still raw) and Edmunds is a freak at 19. I would take Edmunds over Carter purely as an ILB, but I think Carter can play in any defensive front and excel at LB.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:57 pm 

I generally forget to check the age thing. Yet another case. Wonder if overage Georgia LB prospect scares the Steelers off after Jarvis.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:44 pm 

Ice wrote:
I generally forget to check the age thing. Yet another case. Wonder if overage Georgia LB prospect scares the Steelers off after Jarvis.

He's not really overaged. I think the average prospect is 22.5 or something at the start of the NFL season and Carter will be 22.75.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:34 am 

Walter football 5 RND mock.....

Pittsburgh Steelers: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
Pittsburgh Steelers: Justin Reid, S, Stanford
Pittsburgh Steelers: Kalen Ballage, RB, Arizona State
Pittsburgh Steelers: Harrison Phillips, DE/DT, Stanford
Pittsburgh Steelers: Steve Ishmael, WR, Syracuse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:46 am 

Harrison Phillips in the 5th!!!! That totally unrealistic pick makes the draft for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:43 am 

nfldraftscout currently has Harrison Phillips as a 1st round pick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next