It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16763
seabs926 wrote:
An additional consideration is JJ Wilcox. Overthecap is projecting him as a FA gained (even though we traded for him) since he signed his contract with Tampa the same off season he was traded to us. I emailed them about this and they essentially said "it's common knowledge that FAs signed and traded in the same off season count as a FA gained for the team acquiring the player, even if they give up compensation". I was completely unaware of this and still not sure if it's true as I can't find another example of this happening.

I bet we get a token 7th round comp pick due to the net value rule b2b outlined.

If Wilcox counts, then I don’t think we’ll get a comp pick. It would be a very close call at best.

By the way, that trade was terrible.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4904
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
bradshaw2ben wrote:
seabs926 wrote:
An additional consideration is JJ Wilcox. Overthecap is projecting him as a FA gained (even though we traded for him) since he signed his contract with Tampa the same off season he was traded to us. I emailed them about this and they essentially said "it's common knowledge that FAs signed and traded in the same off season count as a FA gained for the team acquiring the player, even if they give up compensation". I was completely unaware of this and still not sure if it's true as I can't find another example of this happening.

I bet we get a token 7th round comp pick due to the net value rule b2b outlined.

If Wilcox counts, then I don’t think we’ll get a comp pick. It would be a very close call at best.

By the way, that signing was terrible.


I'll admit to having likely higher hopes than I should have and being disappointed. Given how well Haden worked out when healthy, I'm almost willing to forgive the gambles on Wilcox and (previously) Gilbert, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 860
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/re ... raft-pick/

Steelers get a 6th rd pick for Cockrell


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:17 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4118
SteelDrama wrote:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/report-steelers-trade-cb-ross-cockrell-giants-nets-6th-round-draft-pick/

Steelers get a 6th rd pick for Cockrell


Huge. That's the second overall pick in the sixth round, #162 overall, just six picks after our pick in the fifth round.

I'll say this about the compensatory formula: the predictions have consistently undersold what the Steelers actually end up getting for years now. Literally no one saw a third rounder coming back last year. If I'm a betting man I'd say we at least get a 7th.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4904
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
That's definitely better news than I'd hoped.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16763
SteelDrama wrote:
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/report-steelers-trade-cb-ross-cockrell-giants-nets-6th-round-draft-pick/

Steelers get a 6th rd pick for Cockrell

That is SWEET.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am
Posts: 1037
Great news.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14157
Quote:
FA Lost
Lawrence Timmons - MIA - LB

2yr/$12m=$6m AAV

Played 78% of MIA Snaps on Defense.

5th Round Value

Markus Wheaton - CHI - WR

2yr/$11m=$5.5m AAV

Played 19% of CHI Snaps on Offense.

5th-round value based on contract, could be sixth round due to lack of playing time.

FA Gain
Tyson Alualu - JAX - DL

2yr/$6m=$3m AAV

Played 44% of PIT Snaps on Defense.

6th Round Value

Coty Sensabaugh - NYG - CB

2yr/$2.6m=$1.3m AAV

Played 23% of PIT Snaps on Defense.

7th Round Value

In this cancellation chart, the Contract’s signed by Alualu and Sensabaugh cancel out the contract of Wheaton, which in turn leaves the contract of Timmons as the reason why the Steelers could be awarded a fifth-round compensatory pick. https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/n ... ce=twitter
Would be great to see a 5th RND compensatory pick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 3194
Wilcox counts as a FA for the purpose of the comp picks

_________________
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Henri Poincaré


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16763
and the cancellation doesn't work like that... the contracts of Alualu & Wilcox cancel Timmons and Wheaton. Beyond that, since the cancelling contracts (+ Sensabaugh) are still more than 50% of the lost players' contracts (11.475:7.425), the Steelers are unlikely to get the maximum benefit they might have if the new contracts were less than 50% avg value of the players lost, which would be-- at best-- a 7th round comp after the normal 7th round comps (provided there weren't already a full round of comp picks).

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1961
That news about Cockrell netting us a 6th is great.

I think when the comp picks are announced we probably will get a 7th. I know many were worried about us dealing a pick for Justin Gilbert, and trading for Vance McDonald (although that was just swapping picks) but we might enter the draft with 8 picks, not bad.

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16763
Scunge wrote:
That news about Cockrell netting us a 6th is great.

I think when the comp picks are announced we probably will get a 7th. I know many were worried about us dealing a pick for Justin Gilbert, and trading for Vance McDonald (although that was just swapping picks) but we might enter the draft with 8 picks, not bad.

What's your basis for thinking we'll get a 7th?

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14157
Quote:
Steelers awarded 6th round compensatory pick http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 5c437d43b8
6th RND it is.... ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:35 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7050
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Steelers awarded 6th round compensatory pick http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 5c437d43b8
6th RND it is.... ;)

Fire up the DeLorean... :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14157
Jobus Rum wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Steelers awarded 6th round compensatory pick http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... 5c437d43b8
6th RND it is.... ;)

Fire up the DeLorean... :lol:

Love, I mean Love to go back to 1985.... 8-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1961
Now being reported it is a 7th rounder for Cockrell. :roll:

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14157
Quote:
@BobLabriola
In the Feb. 15 installment of Asked and Answered, I wrote that the #Steelers will receive a sixth-round draft pick for trading Ross Cockrell to the #NewYorkGiants. That was incorrect. The compensation is a seventh-round pick. https://twitter.com/BobLabriola/status/ ... round-pick


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16763
bummer

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am
Posts: 1037
Fuck labriola that piece of shit.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 4118
smithessmokin wrote:
Fuck labriola that piece of shit.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1404
Labriola is a c*nt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4904
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Sucks, but it's still a pick for Ross Cockrell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What will be our final tally of draft picks?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:55 pm 
Online

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9242
we re not getting any comp picks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group