It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Joe, Who Own the Chiefs?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 pm 

Free Agent Signings:

Justin Houston 6’4 258 EDGE Kansas City Chiefs- Age 29. 9.5 sacks last season. Candidate for offseason release with a cap hit of over 20 million.

Derrick Johnson 6’3 243 ILB Kansas City Chiefs- Age 35. PFF’s number 5 coverage linebacker last season. Chiefs rumored to be going with youth movement on defense. Would bring MUCH needed leadership to the defense.

Draft:

2T) Ronnie Harrison 6’3 214 S Alabama- My guy. Haven’t seen him in many round 1 mocks of late. Just a really solid football player who would be an instant tone setter and starter over either Mike Mitchell or Sean Davis who formed the worst safety tandem in the league last season.

2.) Leighton Vander Esch 6’4 240 Boise St- Saw him mocked in round 3 by Chad Reuter on NFL.com so perhaps he goes late rd 2. Combine will ultimately determine his draft fate. I think the glaring need at ILB makes him possible Steelers round 1 target along with Rashaad Evans who I’d be ok with as well.

3T) Tim Settle 6’3 335 NT Virginia Tech- I’m so annoyed by the weak play up the middle of the defense, I’d draft this kid in round 1 but since I’ve seen him mocked in round 3 I’ll gladly scoop him up on day 2. Coach him up Karl!

3) Lorenzo Carter 6’6 240 EDGE Georgia- OUTSTANDING character and team leader. Personal favorite of mine having seen him play high school ball on couple of occasions including state title game at GA dome. Coach him up Joey! Ummm...Never mind.

5T) Micah Kiser 6’2 240 ILB Virginia- My first time mocking this kid. I’ve wanted to, but just couldn’t do it on day 2 so I’m hoping a pedestrian combine pushes this forceful, sure tackler and team leader down to day 3 where he’d be a “grand larceny” selection.

5) J’Mon Moore 6’3 204 WR Missouri- Whew. Big, fast kid right here. Was blowing past dbs during senior bowl practices. Over 20 career touchdowns and consecutive 1,000 yd seasons in the SEC. Coach him up Blaine!

7T) Michael Joseph 6’1 186 CB Dubuque- Did a triple take thinking that said Duquesne (still paying graduate loan to that ripoff clip joint!) Daniel Jeremiah took a liking to him as he does most small school prospects at the Senior Bowl. Raw talent with 16 career ints. Coach him up Tom!

7) Jordan Wilkins 6’1 217 RB Ole Miss- First Rebel rb to have a 1,000 yd season since Dexter McCluster in 2009. Saw this kid in person over in Tuscaloosa. Showed some speed and elusiveness putting up 100 yds in a blowout loss but he didn’t quit like the rest of his teammates.

My first weekend without football was unpleasant. I like to ski, but watching it on TV isn’t holding my interest. The combine can’t get here soon enough.

Post subject: Re: Joe, Who Own the Chiefs?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 am 

SteelDrama wrote:

Free Agent Signings:

Justin Houston 6’4 258 EDGE Kansas City Chiefs- Age 29. 9.5 sacks last season. Candidate for offseason release with a cap hit of over 20 million.

Derrick Johnson 6’3 243 ILB Kansas City Chiefs- Age 35. PFF’s number 5 coverage linebacker last season. Chiefs rumored to be going with youth movement on defense. Would bring MUCH needed leadership to the defense.

Draft:

2T) Ronnie Harrison 6’3 214 S Alabama- My guy. Haven’t seen him in many round 1 mocks of late. Just a really solid football player who would be an instant tone setter and starter over either Mike Mitchell or Sean Davis who formed the worst safety tandem in the league last season.

2.) Leighton Vander Esch 6’4 240 Boise St- Saw him mocked in round 3 by Chad Reuter on NFL.com so perhaps he goes late rd 2. Combine will ultimately determine his draft fate. I think the glaring need at ILB makes him possible Steelers round 1 target along with Rashaad Evans who I’d be ok with as well.

3T) Tim Settle 6’3 335 NT Virginia Tech- I’m so annoyed by the weak play up the middle of the defense, I’d draft this kid in round 1 but since I’ve seen him mocked in round 3 I’ll gladly scoop him up on day 2. Coach him up Karl!

3) Lorenzo Carter 6’6 240 EDGE Georgia- OUTSTANDING character and team leader. Personal favorite of mine having seen him play high school ball on couple of occasions including state title game at GA dome. Coach him up Joey! Ummm...Never mind.

5T) Micah Kiser 6’2 240 ILB Virginia- My first time mocking this kid. I’ve wanted to, but just couldn’t do it on day 2 so I’m hoping a pedestrian combine pushes this forceful, sure tackler and team leader down to day 3 where he’d be a “grand larceny” selection.

5) J’Mon Moore 6’3 204 WR Missouri- Whew. Big, fast kid right here. Was blowing past dbs during senior bowl practices. Over 20 career touchdowns and consecutive 1,000 yd seasons in the SEC. Coach him up Blaine!

7T) Michael Joseph 6’1 186 CB Dubuque- Did a triple take thinking that said Duquesne (still paying graduate loan to that ripoff clip joint!) Daniel Jeremiah took a liking to him as he does most small school prospects at the Senior Bowl. Raw talent with 16 career ints. Coach him up Tom!

7) Jordan Wilkins 6’1 217 RB Ole Miss- First Rebel rb to have a 1,000 yd season since Dexter McCluster in 2009. Saw this kid in person over in Tuscaloosa. Showed some speed and elusiveness putting up 100 yds in a blowout loss but he didn’t quit like the rest of his teammates.

My first weekend without football was unpleasant. I like to ski, but watching it on TV isn’t holding my interest. The combine can’t get here soon enough.

good job Drama... no way KC is letting DJ go!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:47 pm 

Quote:
Derrick Johnson - LB - Free Agent
The Chiefs will not re-sign ILB Derrick Johnson when his contract voids on the first day of the new league year, letting him become a free agent.
Johnson was technically under contract for 2018 but it's a voidable year. The No. 15 overall pick of the 2005 draft, Johnson has spent his entire 13-year career in Kansas City, recently enduring a pair of Achilles' tears. Now 35, Johnson still managed to play 845 snaps in 2017. He was an every-down player earlier in the year before taking on more of a 66 percent role down the stretch. Johnson will look for a part time/leadership role on the open market.
Related: Chiefs
Source: chiefs.com Feb 13 - 3:39 PM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:43 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Quote:
The Chiefs will not re-sign ILB Derrick Johnson when his contract voids on the first day of the new league year, letting him become a free agent.
Johnson was technically under contract for 2018 but it's a voidable year. The No. 15 overall pick of the 2005 draft, Johnson has spent his entire 13-year career in Kansas City, recently enduring a pair of Achilles' tears. Now 35, Johnson still managed to play 845 snaps in 2017. He was an every-down player earlier in the year before taking on more of a 66 percent role down the stretch. Johnson will look for a part time/leadership role on the open market.
Related: Chiefs
Source: chiefs.com Feb 13 - 3:39 PM

They r dumb. I get that he’s 35, but he can still play.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:35 pm 

Oh well one out of two ain’t bad

Quote:
Profootballtalk reports Chiefs OLB Justin Houston is not a candidate for release.
Houston has been bogged down by injury since his 22-sack 2014, but his release would leave behind $12.7 million in dead money while creating "just" $7.9 million in savings. Houston also managed to have a healthier 2017, notching 9.5 sacks in 15 games. Tamba Hali seems likely to join Derrick Johnson on the way out the door, but 29-year-old Houston should be back.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.comFeb 13 - 5:25 PM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:36 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:14 pm 

Quote:
Impending free agent LB Derrick Johnson intends to keep playing in 2018.
The Chiefs announced on Tuesday that they will let Johnson's contract void on the first day of the new league year next month. Now 35, Johnson says he'd like to go somewhere he can have a chance at winning a title.
Source: Sirius XM NFLFeb 14 - 1:15 PM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:23 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Quote:
Impending free agent LB Derrick Johnson intends to keep playing in 2018.
The Chiefs announced on Tuesday that they will let Johnson's contract void on the first day of the new league year next month. Now 35, Johnson says he'd like to go somewhere he can have a chance at winning a title.
Source: Sirius XM NFLFeb 14 - 1:15 PM

Pats...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:34 pm 

Funny, maybe sad, but I had the same thought reading this earlier.