It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fly Eagles, Fly
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:21 pm 

Free Agent Signings:

Lamarcus Joyner 5’9 190 FS Rams- Just wish he were bigger but he’s a feisty little dude. Rams are rumored to be franchising Sammy Watkins and have to pay Aaron Donald so Joyner could be available.

Tahir Whitehead 6’2 245 LB Lions- Three down linebacker with starting experience both in the middle and the outside in Lions 4-3. The middle of the Steelers defense needs to be completely rebuilt.

Randall Cobb 5’10 190 WR Packers- I read somewhere he could be cut this off season. If signed at a bargain price would be nice Eli Rogers replacement.

Draft:

2t) Leighton Vander Esch- 6’4 240 ILB Boise St- The Steelers defense up the middle is at its lowest state in my 46 years of life. It needs to be completely rebuilt. Let's start here with the middle linebackers. The starting talent is bad. The backups are worse. Daniel Jeremiah has LVE ranked 40th so perhaps he could be had trading down. Good to see Ryan Shazier up on his feet this week.

2.) Tim Settle 6’2 335 NT Virginia Tech- BIG ‘sum bitch but he’s agile and surprisingly fast. Instant starter in the middle. The first line of defense just got a helluva lot better. Grave digger has dug his way to the bench or off the roster.

3T) DJ Chark 6’3 196 WR LSU- I mocked this Bayou Bengal early in the season and kind of forgot about him…until the Senior Bowl. My guy Jimmy Johnson loved speed. Chark showed his deep speed on a 75 yd TD bomb in the Senior Bowl. Averaged over 21 yds per catch with no talent at qb this past season. I think the Steelers should trade Martavis Bryant this offseason. While his play slowly improved, I didn’t see the Alien. One more strike and he’s out. The Steelers won’t trade him. I would.

3 ) Donte Jackson 5’11 180 CB LSU- "WHOA" Speed right here. Former Tiger star Jamal Adam’s called Jackson’s 4.24 Speed, “God given.” The return game just got MUCH more exciting. Rob Rang has him going in 3-4th round. After he’s crowned the fastest man at the combine he’ll be a fast riser. Artie Burns is not good at football. The Steelers won’t cut him. I would.

4T) Terrell Edmunds 6’2 220 S Virginia Tech- Done. I just traded Martavis Bryant for a 4th round pick. I’m too dumb to grade players, but I think Edmunds is a day 2 talent. Rob Rang has him going in Rds 4-5. “Grand Larceny” pick right here. This beast will be starting next to Lamarcus Joyner in short order.

5T) “Ola” Adeniyi 6’2 248 EDGE Toledo- Hate to keep repeating my favorites but if Rang is going to project “Ola” to rd 5 I’m going to take him in rd 5 even though I’m certain he goes a rd or two higher. Bust Dupree will get another year as a starter but don’t be shocked if another 1st round pick is burned on an edge rusher. If not this year, next year for sure.

5.) Nyheim Hines 5’9 197 RB NC ST.- FC recently referred to the Steelers and their organization as “stale.” Nothing wakes up a stale team like some speed. Along with Chark and Jackson this Hines kid will bring much needed track star speed to this stale football team. I’ve mocked this kid before but think his speed to the edges would be an ideal complement to the slower, more deliberate Leveon Bell…assuming he’s signed.

7T) Jeremy Reaves 5’11 205 S South Alabama- Hell no I’ve never seen a South Alabama game but this kid impressed cranky ass Mike Mayock and Daniel Jeremiah during Senior Bowl week.

7.) Andre Smith 6’1 240 LB North Carolina- Started the draft with an inside linebacker will end it with FC’s guy here. Tahir Whitehead, Leighton Vander Esch, and Smith will help bolster a just pathetic group of inside linebackers.

Thanks for reading. Just killing time this Super Bowl eve. Got Kay Adams on nfl network wearing a see through dress. JJ Watts girlfriend had half a dress and no bra. What? Where was I?? Oh go Eagles.

Post subject: Re: Fly Eagles, Fly
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:54 pm 

I’d happy with this one. 4 players I have in one of my mocks as well.

Post subject: Re: Fly Eagles, Fly
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:52 am 

I'd be pretty happy with this one as well.