It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gus Mockzahn
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:43 am 

2T.) Ronald Jones II 6’1 200 RB USC- Was going to mock a UGA running back in this mock. Now? Not. Georgia’s OL got dominated today so not all Chubb and Michel’s fault but I’m still bitter. Anyway, this Jones kid is white hot tearing up Pac 12 defenses showing speed, vision and quickness. Perhaps he can ride his bike to work with his ‘ol buddy JuJu should Bell not return next year.

2.) Mark Andrews 6’5 253 TE Oklahoma- I have mixed feelings on drafting a TE given Todd Haley is the OC let alone drafting a TE that plays against the defense-less Big 12. Still, this kid is just a big play waiting to happen as evidenced in last week’s video game game performance vs rival Okie St.

3T.) Dante Pettis 6’1 185 WR Washington-shut down for the most part by a stingy Stanford defense last night but his value is as a much needed record setting return man.

3.) Justin Reid 6’1 205 S Stanford- Big bro Eric Reid convinced him to leave the Bayou and join him out by the Bay. Lead's the Cardinal defense with 5 ints and...like big bro...can lay the wood. Bye-Bye Mike Mitchell.

5T) Jeff Holland 6’2 250 OLB Auburn- Was going to mock a UGA OLB in this mock. Now? Not. Embarrassing ass whipping that will take me a few days to calm down from. Anyway, this Holland kid notched his SEC leading 10th sack today showing burst off the edge. Jeezus Chaney, could you put Fromm in any more 3rd and longs today?

5.) Tre Williams 6’1 225 ILB Auburn- Highly recruited linebacker that along with the rest of the Tigers’ front seven held my Bulldogs to just 79 yards rushing. Tip of the hat to Kevin Steele and his defense. Malzahn? Still a jerkoff.

7T) Jaleel Scott 6’6 215 WR New Mexico St.- His 8 TDs aren’t on par with David Sills 18, but this kid offers the size and flair for the acrobatic catch to be a much needed red zone weapon...at least that's what rotoworld told me.

7.) Terrance Harris 6’2 248 OLB Miami-Catholics vs. Convicts. I loved that old school rivalry. Semi-surprised Richt didn’t choke under the bright lights tonight but he’ll have the ‘Canes in the top four after Georgia’s brutal loss. Irony in there somewhere.

Thanks as always for reading. Another entertaining day of college football. Steelers SHOULD cruise against the Colts.

Post subject: Re: Gus Mockzahn
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:04 pm 

Not even a late round flier on QB? I hate to jump the bandwagon here but my eyes tell me Ben is nearing the final end. Love to have someone behind Ben before he hangs up his cleats. Great effort Drama, I like this one keep them coming.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm 

I'll let Nick Fitzgerald's name make an appearance in this thread, too.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 am 

There must be a qb in that draft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:06 am 

After yesterday's crap vs the Colts, I am amazed if FS is not a top 2 pick. They can't play a high single safety if the safety in question is slow. Both long TDs were vs a high single safety. There is no safety on the team that can play in a high single coverage.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:14 am 

My opinion... Hard nosed Safety with ballhawk skills and ILB to bookend Shazier in the first 2 days. Perhaps DLine as I think McCullers is history after this season. They need quality nose tackle depth. Perhaps even OLine. Guard and Tackle are in need. The only way I draft a RB early is if an elite talent falls to me. Same with TE and WR. The free safety position and pass rush are the defenses weaknesses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 am 

jebrick wrote:
After yesterday's crap vs the Colts, I am amazed if FS is not a top 2 pick. They can't play a high single safety if the safety in question is slow. Both long TDs were vs a high single safety. There is no safety on the team that can play in a high single coverage.

Problem is that there aren't many good FS's available in this draft.
Outside of Fitpatrick and Derwin James, who both will go in the top-15, there aren't many guys that can
play in the box and cover on the backend.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:18 pm 

I believe that Armani Watts can fill the need for a free safety.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:34 pm 

FSU has a couple players I love to see in the B&G. I think Tarvarus McFadden could very well fit the bill at FS. One of those tweeners CB/S type. Sean Davis hasn't turned out too bad and he was a tweener coming into the NFL. I also like Matthew Thomas at ILB. A position switch in the Pro's? Sound familiar?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:44 pm 

Strong performance by Ben last night but nothing wrong with talking quarterbacks. So do any of you like Will Grier? He didn't impress me in the loss to okie st but kid was a highly touted Florida recruit. Don't know much about his leaving Florida other than taking a banned supplement to gain weight. Seems to be pretty mature being married and a dad. I still don't think day 3 qbs are going to be the best way to find Bens successor but I read this rotoblurb about Grier I found interesting even if its partly attributable to WVUs offensive system

Quote:
West Virginia junior QB Will Grier is on pace to have the highest passing yardage come from deep passes, and the highest percentage of his yardage coming from deep passes in the Pro Football Focus era.
The current records are held by former Bowling Green quarterback Matt Johnson, who had 1,577 passing yards in 2015 come from deep passes, which was 24.9 percent of his season total. Grier currently holds the same percentage, and has thrown for 1,472 yards on deep passes in 2017. It helps that he has playmakers like David Sills to come down with the ball, but it does illustrate that Grier can make plays downfield with his arm and give his wideouts a chance to come down with the ball. Grier and West Virginia take on Texas next week. Nov 16 - 10:08 PM
Source: Pro Football Focus