It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NFL fans on refs last night
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:25 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/201081-ron-torbert-the-head-ref-in-the-titans-vs-pats-game/

That’s a good one....

Holy shit ...... just more fact logs on the fire. It comes down to how much us consumers of this “entertainment” we are going to accept. Or, turn it off forever

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:42 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Assuming we win today....and I hate to say it, I'm finding it a little hard to get up for this Divisional Playoff game, focusing instead on the matchup in Foxboro...I'm sure we'll wait with bated breath for the assignment of the lead official.

I'm not going to be looking in the rear-view mirror though, as last game convinced me that we can get fucked just as easily in our own house as we can in Foxboro....whether it's over-officiousness in the biggest of spots, or holding calls that derail 4Q drives.

We just have to beat these fuckers so convincingly that it overcomes any officiating bias....and I believe we have just the team to do it.

We get buy today, and I'm believing that Mike Tomlin will have this team absolutely at their best next Sunday.

God I hope you’re right

I can’t take much more of this bullshit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
So anyone got a story - script for the latest NFL upcoming games

Titans were just prevented from being competitive in a game

After Ten got the lead, that officiating crew did get surgical

It coincided with tenn losing their oline man too....just a litany of corruption

Black Sox World Series like collusion

If you are holding with the script, the Steelers will get the calls today. The NFL wants Steelers vs Pats.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 am 

jebrick wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
So anyone got a story - script for the latest NFL upcoming games

Titans were just prevented from being competitive in a game

After Ten got the lead, that officiating crew did get surgical

It coincided with tenn losing their oline man too....just a litany of corruption

Black Sox World Series like collusion

If you are holding with the script, the Steelers will get the calls today. The NFL wants Steelers vs Pats.

I totally believe that

And then they want Pats back in SB

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:26 am 

What I don’t understand is why no journalist digs into the issue. I’m sure you can mathematically prove the Pats are extreme outliers when it comes to refs. Then, just some study of tape would prove it’s not because they are just that much more disciplined.

The real answer is simplify the rules. Remove automatic first down penalties. Allow illegal contact. Limit review to thirty seconds. Hire new refs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:34 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
What I don’t understand is why no journalist digs into the issue. I’m sure you can mathematically prove the Pats are extreme outliers when it comes to refs. Then, just some study of tape would prove it’s not because they are just that much more disciplined.

The real answer is simplify the rules. Remove automatic first down penalties. Allow illegal contact. Limit review to thirty seconds. Hire new refs.

I've been saying that for years. No such rule in the college game. The rule fucks with the natural order of the game. You contact the receiver like that, you take the risk of being burned deep....should NEVER have been legislated out.

One would think that the Competition Committee should understand that one of their priorities should be LESS penalty flags, not more...infuse more spontaneity into the game for its fans, etc.

While they're at it, get rid of penalties for...
*Taunting
*Hands to the face

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:43 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:

I've been saying that for years. No such rule in the college game. The rule fucks with the natural order of the game. You contact the receiver like that, you take the risk of being burned deep....should NEVER have been legislated out.

One would think that the Competition Committee should understand that one of their priorities should be LESS penalty flags, not more...infuse more spontaneity into the game for its fans, etc.

While they're at it, get rid of penalties for...
*Taunting
*Hands to the face

Good call re hands to the face. Swear to god 95% percent of the time that penalty has zero impact on play but it’s an automatic first down. Less penalties equal better flow and a more even game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:08 am 

Hands to the face in a pass defense is not illegal any more. hands to the face where a lineman ( either defense or offense) pushes the head back of an opponent is illegal.

Illegal contact is the Blount rule. When the NFL gets tired of offense they can repeal that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:17 am 

The history of corruption seldom changes whether it's the corruption of a government a labor union a corporation and now a sports League. It starts localized it spreads and then becomes endemic. The Patriots started with the taping of signals, defensive end Hollis Thomas for Philadelphia said after the 2005 Super Bowl that his team got fucking robbed and everybody on the Philadelphia organization knew it. They were kicking New England's ass in the first half and in the second half when New England came back they knew precisely when the Eagles were going to Blitz and they capitalized on every play, every play. With money as the source their corruption has spread and reached the highest levels within the league. Their data base has been perfected and its not that they've got the league in their pocket, they are the league because of Goodell they are one and the same. The other owners are powerless because they have participated in the fraud and corruption including the tax fraud schemes. If the other owners open their mouths and expose the corruption they too will go down with the rest of the league. This is the brilliant and normal pattern of corruption becoming endemic, the corrupt party has leverage on everyone. When the corruption becomes endemic the corrupt entity does not care who sees it and who knows about it because nothing can be done.

Almost nothing.

The objective now is for the Patriots to win number 6 and number 7 and be the preeminent football team in NFL history. This is why Brady says he loves being in Heinz Field, he knows the Steelers are the last hurdle to having a bigger and better trophy case. The only way I can see us winning in New England is if we take Brady out, a violation of the most sacred unwritten rule in the league. No coach in football would sanction or allow it, except maybe Tomlin. Mike is certainly a different breed of cat his comments a week or 10 days ago wherein he referenced entertainment as the objective of the league has enormous interpretation value. He once stood in the path of the Baltimore returner who was scampering down the sidelines for a touchdown. Rule of retaliation would apply if we took out Brady they'll come and try to take out Ben. If we're prepared we can protect Ben and withstand it.

We have a battle today and my guess is Jax will attempt today what we have to do next week. They're coming for Ben. If we're not hungry and crazed and fail to protect Ben we could lose today. Fitz in the backfield is an indicator of understanding Jax's intention

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:28 am 

ToddHaleysNineIron wrote:
All of those calls at key moments of the game. The Titans were simply denied any chance of momentum in that second qtr... and that really put them behind the black ball for the rest of the game.

It was a surgical job done by the officials.. they grouped together 3 or 4 really bad/missed calls that essentially led to a 21 point stretch for the Patriots.

exactly right!!! well put.. the flags broke momentum everytime..and gave pats mo...then it didn't matter..pats were better team. tits had to be perfect and play great. the refs ended that early. pats didn't need help to win; they got it anyhow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next