It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81
 Post subject: Re: Patriots-Titans
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:25 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Enjoy the game today. Because no way in hell are we winning in Foxbo.

The NFL is a fake distribution around a desired outcome.

True dat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:29 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Do you suppose, just maybe....that there will be sufficient accusations of tonight's game being rigged, that NFL might actually over-compensate, call game a bit in the Steelers favor next week?

Somehow it needs to be a better story for the Steelers to be in the super bowl than the Patriots this year.

Since Ben retiring they've been desperately trying to advance their all-important storyline game. Personally, I don't think it's gonna work.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:33 am 

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
W&M_Steeler wrote:
Refs or no, did anyone really expect that the Titans would make a game of it today? I still don't understand how they made the playoffs. They're a mediocre team, and Belichick absolutely owns LeBeau. While it's nauseating to watch the Pats dominate like this, it doesn't have much of a bearing on how a Patriots-Steelers rematch will play out.
If BAL simply stops a 4th and 13 against idiot Andy Dalton late late in the last game of the season, TEN would not even have been in the post season. They backed in with the most unlikeliest of wins.

No it doesnt effect a possible PATS-Steeler rematch, but it does basically give NE a tough scrimmage as its warmup for the PIT/JAX winner. They should have had a better opponent to give them a better game. But then again, things just work out for NE.

Bill Murray in Meatballs---"It just doesn't matter!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:42 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Back on topic; there were some bad, bad calls that went in the Pats favor tonight. I’m appalled but not really that they continue to be the beneficiaries of this shit.

Maybe. Just Maybe. Just Fucking Maybe this game will be torn apart in the media then Hogan gets suspended and maybe just maybe the AFC championship game vying for the trophy that used to be called the Lamar Hunt Trophy is called evenly. Nobody is even going to bring up the Hines Ward Rule in the highlights of this game. When you get a chance please find a time when a false start becomes a first down and the original flag does not exist. Even crazier was the Illegal motion when the guy was in the backfield and actually reset before going in motion. The ref was just too fucking proud to say he fucked up and there was no penalty on the play. That was the worst look all game.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:08 am 

Kodiak wrote:

I am in the "Believe" (i before e and all that) camp.

Pittsburgh says Fuck You To Jacksonville and then it is gut check vs N.E.

sorry to rant. but obviously I smoked some left handed cigarettes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:35 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Do you suppose, just maybe....that there will be sufficient accusations of tonight's game being rigged, that NFL might actually over-compensate, call game a bit in the Steelers favor next week?

I'm just hoping the Steelers headsets work...well everyone but Haleys :lol:

If I had to compare - I think Haley has been much better then Butler against the Patriots.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:40 am 

stillthere wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

I am in the "Believe" (i before e and all that) camp.

Pittsburgh says Fuck You To Jacksonville and then it is gut check vs N.E.

sorry to rant. but obviously I smoked some left handed cigarettes.

I am with you but I want to see a strong performance today. We need an avalanche of Ass Whup to start building today and heading into Boston next week and unloading on whoever is in Minnesota.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:28 am 

Old School Steeler wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
And here are the even up penalties in garbage time to pad the stats

You're aware. Thinking back to NEs run was this game the most blatant one yet?

Yes, never this bad in many years. But paint the dots.....Kraft at La rams game sitting with goodell and not with Stan kronkeywonky. The fix is always in. The big hawker Brian touhy just got more storylines for his nfl chapters

Last edited by BethlehemSteel on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:32 am 

Rod & Wire Mill wrote:
bam morris wrote:
in all seriousness..why cant the other teams in nfl band together and have investigation off this bullshit officiating crap we watch go pats way? its criminal..fbi should get involved .interviews and fuckers under oath..its a bad joke.

Because there're all in on/for it, including Rooneys.

They’ve downplayed the patriot shenangigans for 16 years.

It’s their money pie and unless art2 has had it being screwed over. He’s just as bad as the cuckold Haley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:07 am 

I watched the game and do not understand how a referee can change a call after it has been announced AND a team cannot challenge it. Never seen that before.

That said, the Pats really didn't need the refs to control that game and while there were some bad calls, the Pats moved the ball effortlessly down the field in a no huddle...several times.

We need to focus on that and let the calls be the calls.

With more and more viewers pointing out the issue, it will be harder, assuming there is some conspiracy (I don't think there is), to pull it off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 77, 78, 79, 80, 81