It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown misses Steelers' practice with illness
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:36 pm 

If steeler D has any pride, and I'm pretty sure they do, they have to be sick and tired of hearing about the greatness of the Jax D.

For all the talk of the Jax D....they gave up 2.5 points per game less than the steelers.

For all the talk of the atrociousness of the Jax O....there's only 4 teams in the league that scored more points. One of them is NOT the steelers. (I understand points scored includes defensive scores - but i'm not doing the research).

Jax also. 500 team on the road (of course 1 of those against Pitt).

Took all the stats from nfl.com standings page.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 am 

Quote:
I am BRUTALLY nervous for this game

Meh.

While they do have a good D, Ben’s had to go thru better. And if he can’t score more points at home than a Bortles led team given the weapons he has at his deposal as well as the oline he has then maybe he should retire.

These are games guys with his resume go out and take care of business and move on to the next level.

Especially in today’s NFL where rules favor the offense. No defense in the league today is so good that they can carry an inept offense much further than this.

Winner of the next rounds and Super Bowl will need to score points regardless of the defenses.

This is a must win if we are who we think we are.

It’ll be close early because we might be tight from the layoff but they won’t be able to hang with us for 4 quarters.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:44 am 

If AB actually has influenza and just came down with it, he ain't playing. He must have a nasty cold or something.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:58 am 

There are some nasty colds and flus out there right now.

After all the good news, this is disheartening.

Would be a shame that he work like such a beast to be healthy just to miss the game for illness. Would be more than annoying to have another playoff game without one of our stars.

Re-watched the steeler/raven game last night. Steelers very likely lose without AB. Not having him would be a bigger factor than anyone here wants to admit.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:14 am 

AB could have Legionnairre's Disease, and ain't no way he's missing this game. Happens that players come down with some shit, even flu, team pumps them full of stuff, they're good to go. Will be no different for AB. Count on him being out there come gametime.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
AB could have Legionnairre's Disease, and ain't no way he's missing this game. Happens that players come down with some shit, even flu, team pumps them full of stuff, they're good to go. Will be no different for AB. Count on him being out there come gametime.

You're right. AB is a special kind of competitor. I'll retract won't play.

Most people that say they have the flu do not. They have very nasty colds. Genuine flu floors your ass. And lasts a minimum of two weeks. And this year's strain is of an especially nasty sort.

Suppose he plays. He may be superhuman but he is still human.

No way will he be 100% if he is in, say, day three of the H3N2 strain that's going around.

Pump him full of whatever. He's going to be feeling like utter shit. Playing football in 20 degree weather with a nastier strain of flu? MISERY.

It is playoffs though!

Hoping he has a cold.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:44 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:49 am 

I haven't had the flu in like 10 years and about a week and a half before Christmas, let's just say I'm not sure I got out of bed for a week.

Horrific.

I sure hope AB doesn't have what I had.

I'll bet you are.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:08 am 

I absolutely want us to beat the JAGS, but if AB does have the flu, sit him. Based on the weather being so cold, even if they pump him full of stuff, your immune system struggles in the cold. It is not worth him becoming a casualty over it. I hope it is a cold. If so, pump him full of fluids, dust him with zinc, and send him into battle.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:18 am 

I doubt he has the flu. Let's remember; he was sent home. If he has the flu, prob doesn't even make it in yesterday.

Then again...what the fuck do we know??

Maybe he has the Bubonic Plague, Avian Bird Flu, Mad Cow Disease.

If I'm worried about anything, it's that his calf is 100%. Last thing we want is for him to play tomorrow, miss an AFCCG vs. Patriots in Foxboro as a consequence. I'll believe the reports that say he's good to go, see him on the field tomorrow at 1:05.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next