It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SBI: Divisional Round
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:36 pm 

Stillerz Bar wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
My only interest is to beat the Jags and go to Foxboro and beat the Patriots. It's time to put that rabid dog of a franchise down and stop all this "they are in the Steelers heads" BS. I want nothing else but to slay the dragon and put them into "are all the reports are true" mode?

My only interest right now is to beat the Jags - period!

We will deal with the next game once we have dealt with the current demon, a team that beat us by 3 TDs in the most recent meeting. Sure it's likely to be the Pats if we play next week but that really doesn't matter right now - if we don't take care of our own business this weekend the team will be booking tee times by the middle of next week..

I always get nervous for Steelers games and even more so when it is loser goes home. That said, for some reason I feel like this game could resemble the Phins game from last year where a team from Florida that rolled over us with a huge running game in the regular season comes to Da Burgh and gets run out of Heinz Field.

As for the Polar Plunge by Swiss - if it happens we will need a video here on Fury to commemorate the occasion.

In 2002 my birthday was on Super Bowl Sunday, I scheduled a cruise out of New Orleans that weekend. My thinking was that we'd destroy the Pats. And to reward myself I could score some SB tickets or at least drink on Bourbon Street with some fellow Steelers fans before I got on the boat. It was supposed to be the best birthday ever. In reality, it was probably the worst feeling ever being there and all I was just hoping to do is just get on the ship "be on to Jamaica". The lesson is- don't look ahead.

I agree that this will shape up like the Miami game, elements reversal wise. Throwing on first down is a great strategy, but this game is on the OL to allow us to get to whatever it is we want to do and to put our foot on their necks in the fourth and close this thing out. I don't care about the number of points we score. I want the ball with 7 minutes to go in the game with a lead and they never get the ball back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:23 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
fortythree wrote:
There's extenuating circumstances with Troy though.

Yes, bad blood, but, what I failed to enunciate is that like Noll, Polamalu seems like a very private person.

What's the bad blood with Troy?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:04 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
fortythree wrote:
There's extenuating circumstances with Troy though.

Yes, bad blood, but, what I failed to enunciate is that like Noll, Polamalu seems like a very private person.

What's the bad blood with Troy?

Troy wanted to continue playing, Tomlin/Steelers pretty much forced retirement on him. He wasn't happy about it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:27 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:

Troy wanted to continue playing, Tomlin/Steelers pretty much forced retirement on him. He wasn't happy about it.

I don't think I realized that. Sorry to hear it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:58 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Stillerz Bar wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
My only interest is to beat the Jags and go to Foxboro and beat the Patriots. It's time to put that rabid dog of a franchise down and stop all this "they are in the Steelers heads" BS. I want nothing else but to slay the dragon and put them into "are all the reports are true" mode?

My only interest right now is to beat the Jags - period!

We will deal with the next game once we have dealt with the current demon, a team that beat us by 3 TDs in the most recent meeting. Sure it's likely to be the Pats if we play next week but that really doesn't matter right now - if we don't take care of our own business this weekend the team will be booking tee times by the middle of next week..

I always get nervous for Steelers games and even more so when it is loser goes home. That said, for some reason I feel like this game could resemble the Phins game from last year where a team from Florida that rolled over us with a huge running game in the regular season comes to Da Burgh and gets run out of Heinz Field.

As for the Polar Plunge by Swiss - if it happens we will need a video here on Fury to commemorate the occasion.

In 2002 my birthday was on Super Bowl Sunday, I scheduled a cruise out of New Orleans that weekend. My thinking was that we'd destroy the Pats. And to reward myself I could score some SB tickets or at least drink on Bourbon Street with some fellow Steelers fans before I got on the boat. It was supposed to be the best birthday ever. In reality, it was probably the worst feeling ever being there and all I was just hoping to do is just get on the ship "be on to Jamaica". The lesson is- don't look ahead.

I agree that this will shape up like the Miami game, elements reversal wise. Throwing on first down is a great strategy, but this game is on the OL to allow us to get to whatever it is we want to do and to put our foot on their necks in the fourth and close this thing out. I don't care about the number of points we score. I want the ball with 7 minutes to go in the game with a lead and they never get the ball back.

Amen. One game at a time.

My boss is an Eagles fan. My counterpart is a Vikings fan. Today my boss is like “hey won’t it be great if it’s an all PA Super Bowl? I was like yeah then we can bust my counterparts balls for days. In my head I’m like you dumb Eagles fans. ONE GAME AT A TIME !

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:23 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Troy = Great Steeler
Troys brain and body will thank the PS.

I hope Mike Mitchell is not upset with the PS next year when they need to show him the door.
But, I would be surprised if MM is not our starting S in 2018.
He is a Tomlin guy.
Parting with Willie Gay next year is one small step.
I can not see MT losing 2 vets of the secondary in one off season

It sucks Stosh but you are probably right.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:23 am 

On Steelers-Jags....let's remember that Jags have lost their last three road games....and not looked good doing it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 am 

Fournette has looked as if his tank is empty, hope it is

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:30 am 

Hope they are distracted as fuck

Quote:
Albert Breer

Verified account

@AlbertBreer
1h
1 hour ago

More
Per sources, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels and Texans DC Mike Vrabel have emerged as finalists for the Colts job. Indy could still add a candidate, I’m told. But those are the 2 in it now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:32 am 

Watching Steelers-Ravens replay. Trying to make sense of Steelers receiving corps, as we were following NE game. Steelers come out for final drive, MB is in the huddle, leaves the field in favor of Justin Hunter. WTF???

Ben was sacked that play, believe they had same personnel in for 2nd down, too. They do seem to have different personnel grouping depending on the play that they anticipate running.