It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Uncomfortable Shazier article
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:41 pm 

https://www.gq.com/story/nfl-ryan-shazi ... ssion=true

Post subject: Re: Uncomfortable Shazier article
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm 

Snowflake garbage if Ive ever seen it. What the hell does he want? A ban of football? Come out and say it then!

The fact that people are celebrating progress is somehow a bad thing? This is a pure malcontent finding a way to spin positive attitudes into some sort of spin machine.

You know who is the most upbeat about this situation?? Ryan Shazier!

This columnist needs to get a fuckin life.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:00 pm 

The article misses the point. The feel good wave of support from football fans all over the country including myself has nothing to do with the NFL. It has to do with genuinely wanting the best outcome for Ryan Shazier.

Everybody understands the situation. The lack of detailed disclosure is the rightful choice of the Shazier family. It takes some time to find out the final outcome of such an injury. In a year, we will know the details.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 pm 

Um...does the author think we don’t know that Shazier is paralyzed?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:17 pm 

These fucking hack journalists need to get out of Mom's basement and get a real job

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:24 pm 

This article is written with an agenda - that's how it feels. Sometimes the way a person delivers a point of view diminishes the value of that POV. That being said, Goodell reminded me of the tobacco industry denying that concussions from football lead to CTE. The money train is going so strong that even while it's taking a ratings dip, it still crushes competing programming in the same time slot.

The NFL & Steelers can always say "we're honoring Ryan's wishes by not discussing his condition and recovery". I don't feel suckered in any way. I want Shazier to return to full health or as close to it as possible - to live as close to a normal life as possible. Watching that game, that tackle, I remember feeling scared for him and angry all at once "No! that's exactly how not to tackle...Come on, move your legs, please. Any movement, something please"...Those were my thoughts.

As Dr. Chao said, good news is delivered fast, and bad news, or no news comes slower, or not at all. I believe good news will come, and I'm holding on to that belief.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:41 pm 

i made this post in the other shazier thread yesterday

Quote:
95% of all the media has slanted down into the fucking toilet. Only a handful of people in 3rd party fashions are doing the old school journalistic integrity check. Narratives and clicks and flat out lies are more important.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:00 pm 

Ya, I don’t get the point. Football’s dangerous? NFL is bad?

Cars are dangerous. Flying can kill you. Rollerblades can be treacherous. Trivial article.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:15 pm 

The article implies the NFL has something to hide from the injury. What, exactly?

I understand bad injuries aren't good PR, especially for a league with the history of the NFL, but anyone who puts more than a half second of thought will realize Shazier's injury, however tragic, is a result of his consistently poor tackling form and not some NFL cover-up.

It'd be different if he suffered some kind of debilitating brain damage that was a result of the team throwing him back into the game even after the injury occurred, but that's not what happened.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:22 pm 

One of the most stupid assed articles I've seen. If Shazier stood up and walked on water he would write an
article on how he tracked up the floor and caused hardship on the janitorial crew