It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:27 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Worked for Cowher. He was every bit the playoff underachiever Reid is, until Ben came along.

Very true. Cowher was 1-1 in the SB with mediocre QB's. Actually historically great.

Tomlin is 1-1 with a 1st ballot HOFer at QB. Historically average, at best.

Nice selective use of data there.

If you’re going to say Ben was mediocre in Super Bowl XL (he was), you can’t then claim he was a HoF’er in Super Bowl XLV because he played pretty average in that game as well.

Hell...until the last drive in Super Bowl XLIII, he was pretty pedestrian as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:43 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
The only major premise that is indisputable is how hopelessly full of shit you are, and continue to be.

Really, Swiss, when are you going to return to your former good humor? So bitter! It's just a bit of syllogistic. All in good fun.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:09 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Miter Saw wrote:
Worked for Cowher. He was every bit the playoff underachiever Reid is, until Ben came along.

Very true. Cowher was 1-1 in the SB with mediocre QB's. Actually historically great.

Tomlin is 1-1 with a 1st ballot HOFer at QB. Historically average, at best.

Is there a Cowher SB win I'm missing with a mediocre QB? I don't think Cowher can get credit for a SB win with a mediocre QB and Tomlin get dinged because that same QB is now a 1st ballot HOFer. That logic doesn't hold water.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:45 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
Is there a Cowher SB win I'm missing with a mediocre QB? I don't think Cowher can get credit for a SB win with a mediocre QB and Tomlin get dinged because that same QB is now a 1st ballot HOFer. That logic doesn't hold water.

So you think the youngest QB ever to win a SB was remotely the same/equal to what he was 4-6 years later in his next SB appearances? THAT is what's not logical.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
The only major premise that is indisputable is how hopelessly full of shit you are, and continue to be.

But can you make this into a syllogism?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:16 pm 

Quote:
You may embed only 3 quotes within each other.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:36 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

But can you make this into a syllogism?

That's what I'm saying!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:45 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:

So you think the youngest QB ever to win a SB was remotely the same/equal to what he was 4-6 years later in his next SB appearances? THAT is what's not logical.

You think he played like the 2nd youngest QB in the lead up to SB 40? He may have shit the bed in the SB, but Cowher sure as shit benefited from pretty good QB play to get there. Don't make it sound like Tomlin benefited from better QB play than Cowher did.

Do you disagree?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:58 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Really, Swiss, when are you going to return to your former good humor? So bitter! It's just a bit of syllogistic. All in good fun.

I guess a treatise is on its way, Professor, advancing an argument equating legitimately being called out as full of shit, with bitterness??

Humor's fine, Professor; you're full-of-shitness is kind of funny.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:20 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

I guess a treatise is on its way, Professor, advancing an argument equating legitimately being called out as full of shit, with bitterness??

Humor's fine, Professor; you're full-of-shitness is kind of funny.

Legitimate? Didn't see a refutation in your post. Hell, not even an argument. You have a queer way of exhibiting good humor!

:D

I'll keep the categorical syllogisms in the quiver for now, even though a particularly sharp Barbara AAA-1 syllogism does come to mind.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 pm 

randomsteelerfan wrote:
You think he played like the 2nd youngest QB in the lead up to SB 40? He may have shit the bed in the SB, but Cowher sure as shit benefited from pretty good QB play to get there.

So you're saying Cowher gets no credit for a 2nd year QB playing that well, but rather benefited??? Not to mention Mr. Conservative Turtle broke with season form and had the "game manager" attacking early and often in those games.

Again, 2nd year Ben isn't remotely on the same level as the Ben the potted plant has had his entire tenure.

Let it go. Tomlin has maybe 1 or 2 cracks to prove me wrong. But I imagine, to a man, if this board knew back in 2007 that Tomlin would be just 1-1 in the SB in 12 years with Ben EVERY person would have said get a different HC.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
randomsteelerfan wrote:
You think he played like the 2nd youngest QB in the lead up to SB 40? He may have shit the bed in the SB, but Cowher sure as shit benefited from pretty good QB play to get there.

So you're saying Cowher gets no credit for a 2nd year QB playing that well, but rather benefited??? Not to mention Mr. Conservative Turtle broke with season form and had the "game manager" attacking early and often in those games.

Again, 2nd year Ben isn't remotely on the same level as the Ben the potted plant has had his entire tenure.

Let it go. Tomlin has maybe 1 or 2 cracks to prove me wrong. But I imagine, to a man, if this board knew back in 2007 that Tomlin would be just 1-1 in the SB in 12 years with Ben EVERY person would have said get a different HC.

How many super bowl appearances were you expecting and what years should they have come in?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:21 pm 

Bruce Arians as good a prognosticator as he is protecting qb's

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:22 pm 

I see Bruce makes predictions as well as he keeps QBs upright...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:22 pm 

Cousin Brucie should stick to Kangol hats.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:53 pm 

Oh well to Bruce’s call. But, since we’ve got nowhere else to go, how about a hypothetical. Final score between the Steelers and the Falcons in the Super Bowl that wasn’t. Would Matty Ice do as well against our defense as Blake Bortles?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:56 pm 

Arians is a better golfer than prognosticator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:02 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Arians is a better golfer than prognosticator

I mean he's no Haley in that regard, but close...