It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 8996
[quoteBy Dave Bryan January 9, 2018 at 05:20 pm
Bruce Arians recently retired from the Arizona Cardinals and on Tuesday he was a guest on The Rich Eisen Show and talked about several subjects. One of those subjects Arians talked about was Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and whether or not he thinks he’ll ultimately be back in 2018.
“I do,” Arians told Rich Eisen. “I think a lot of things have to fall in place for him to come back. If he wins it all I think he’ll try to do it again. I think the coaching staff has a big part in that, you know, if they can keep everybody together.”
Arians, who was once the Steelers offensive coordinator from 2007–2011, is still reportedly close friends with Roethlisberger so he might already be privy to a few thoughts the Steelers quarterback has potentially already had as it relates to him possibly returning next season.
Back to reality for a second, it’s really hard to imagine that Roethlisberger would really walk away from the Steelers should he lose either this coming weekend against the Jacksonville Jaguars, or possibly even to the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game a week from this coming Sunday. He’s had a great season and showed that he’s far from being done.
Potential retirement talk aside, Arians thinks the Steelers and Roethlisberger can ultimately make to this season’s AFC Championship game and even beat the Patriots this time around should that ultimately wind up being the match up.

“Home field advantage is almost out the window any more, except for New England,” Arians told Eisen. “And I think Pittsburgh can go up there and win. They’re going to have to play really well.”
Arians said he believes that the Steelers have the better football team between them and the Patriots as long as they have Roethlisberger, wide receiver Antonio Brown and running back Le’Veon Bell all healthy.
“I really think with Pittsburgh healthy, with all three guys, not having Le’Veon last year really changed that [AFC Championship] game,” Arians said.
When put on the spot by Eisen, Arians said he predicts this years Super Bowl combatants to be the Steelers and the Atlanta Falcons. Surprisingly, he went to say that he thinks the Falcons would win such a Super Bowl matchup.
“No, I think they win,” Arians said of the Falcons.][/quote]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 10218
I think Ben would love to have 4 rings, but he REALLY wants a 3rd. He made a comment a few weeks ago about wanting to get a ring for the OL and other guys who don't have one.


PLUS he's got $29.4M other reasons to play next year. He's played well and has a good team, and particularly a good offense, around him. I'd say he's almost definitely back next year, but 2019 might be sketchy.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1486
Hey, he wears #7 because of John Elway. What better way to honor your idol than to end your career in the same fashion :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 10218
And the AFC is such a hot mess, even NE could implode next year with Brady a year older and who knows what Belicheat does.

PIT could be a huge favorite next year to go to the SB. No one else in the AFC, aside from maybe NE, has a QB.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1053
I don't like looking ahead. I will say that if the Steelers get through the Jags and Pats (presumably). Atlanta would be the best offense this defense has played. The good news on that front is they are going to have to play in the elements against a team that will force Ryan's hand on every passing play. IMO they are the best PA team in the league.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 22317
VeritasSteel wrote:
I don't like looking ahead. I will say that if the Steelers get through the Jags and Pats (presumably). Atlanta would be the best offense this defense has played. The good news on that front is they are going to have to play in the elements against a team that will force Ryan's hand on every passing play. IMO they are the best PA team in the league.


What do you mean...in the elements?

Minnesota has a domed stadium.

_________________
“Your ability to think concisely, your ability to make good judgments is much easier on Thursday night than during the heat of the game."

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1236
Jeemie wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:
I don't like looking ahead. I will say that if the Steelers get through the Jags and Pats (presumably). Atlanta would be the best offense this defense has played. The good news on that front is they are going to have to play in the elements against a team that will force Ryan's hand on every passing play. IMO they are the best PA team in the league.


What do you mean...in the elements?

Minnesota has a domed stadium.

I think he's referring to ATL having to play/win in Philly first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:47 am
Posts: 960
Kodiak wrote:
And the AFC is such a hot mess, even NE could implode next year with Brady a year older and who knows what Belicheat does.

PIT could be a huge favorite next year to go to the SB. No one else in the AFC, aside from maybe NE, has a QB.

This. I don't know if any the New England Patriots stuff is true, but if that the case the only other team I fear is the Jaguars. If they get a competent QB, the sky is the limit for that team. They Yanncik Ngakoue who was a draft favorite of mine and he's been killing it there.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15526
smithessmokin wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
And the AFC is such a hot mess, even NE could implode next year with Brady a year older and who knows what Belicheat does.

PIT could be a huge favorite next year to go to the SB. No one else in the AFC, aside from maybe NE, has a QB.

This. I don't know if any the New England Patriots stuff is true, but if that the case the only other team I fear is the Jaguars. If they get a competent QB, the sky is the limit for that team. They Yanncik Ngakoue who was a draft favorite of mine and he's been killing it there.

A Pat Mahomes-led Chiefs team should be pretty good.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:41 pm
Posts: 458
Don't forget the Colts with Luck healthy. If they draft a few key pieces on D, they will contend.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: W&M_Steeler and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group