It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:19 pm 

[quoteBy Dave Bryan January 9, 2018 at 05:20 pm
Bruce Arians recently retired from the Arizona Cardinals and on Tuesday he was a guest on The Rich Eisen Show and talked about several subjects. One of those subjects Arians talked about was Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and whether or not he thinks he’ll ultimately be back in 2018.
“I do,” Arians told Rich Eisen. “I think a lot of things have to fall in place for him to come back. If he wins it all I think he’ll try to do it again. I think the coaching staff has a big part in that, you know, if they can keep everybody together.”
Arians, who was once the Steelers offensive coordinator from 2007–2011, is still reportedly close friends with Roethlisberger so he might already be privy to a few thoughts the Steelers quarterback has potentially already had as it relates to him possibly returning next season.
Back to reality for a second, it’s really hard to imagine that Roethlisberger would really walk away from the Steelers should he lose either this coming weekend against the Jacksonville Jaguars, or possibly even to the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game a week from this coming Sunday. He’s had a great season and showed that he’s far from being done.
Potential retirement talk aside, Arians thinks the Steelers and Roethlisberger can ultimately make to this season’s AFC Championship game and even beat the Patriots this time around should that ultimately wind up being the match up.

“Home field advantage is almost out the window any more, except for New England,” Arians told Eisen. “And I think Pittsburgh can go up there and win. They’re going to have to play really well.”
Arians said he believes that the Steelers have the better football team between them and the Patriots as long as they have Roethlisberger, wide receiver Antonio Brown and running back Le’Veon Bell all healthy.
“I really think with Pittsburgh healthy, with all three guys, not having Le’Veon last year really changed that [AFC Championship] game,” Arians said.
When put on the spot by Eisen, Arians said he predicts this years Super Bowl combatants to be the Steelers and the Atlanta Falcons. Surprisingly, he went to say that he thinks the Falcons would win such a Super Bowl matchup.
“No, I think they win,” Arians said of the Falcons.][/quote]

Post subject: Re: Arians predicts Steelers vs Falcons SB
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:42 pm 

I think Ben would love to have 4 rings, but he REALLY wants a 3rd. He made a comment a few weeks ago about wanting to get a ring for the OL and other guys who don't have one.

PLUS he's got $29.4M other reasons to play next year. He's played well and has a good team, and particularly a good offense, around him. I'd say he's almost definitely back next year, but 2019 might be sketchy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:48 pm 

Hey, he wears #7 because of John Elway. What better way to honor your idol than to end your career in the same fashion :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:00 pm 

And the AFC is such a hot mess, even NE could implode next year with Brady a year older and who knows what Belicheat does.

PIT could be a huge favorite next year to go to the SB. No one else in the AFC, aside from maybe NE, has a QB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 pm 

I don't like looking ahead. I will say that if the Steelers get through the Jags and Pats (presumably). Atlanta would be the best offense this defense has played. The good news on that front is they are going to have to play in the elements against a team that will force Ryan's hand on every passing play. IMO they are the best PA team in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:08 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
I don't like looking ahead. I will say that if the Steelers get through the Jags and Pats (presumably). Atlanta would be the best offense this defense has played. The good news on that front is they are going to have to play in the elements against a team that will force Ryan's hand on every passing play. IMO they are the best PA team in the league.

What do you mean...in the elements?

Minnesota has a domed stadium.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:12 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
VeritasSteel wrote:

What do you mean...in the elements?

Minnesota has a domed stadium.

I think he's referring to ATL having to play/win in Philly first.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:20 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
And the AFC is such a hot mess, even NE could implode next year with Brady a year older and who knows what Belicheat does.

PIT could be a huge favorite next year to go to the SB. No one else in the AFC, aside from maybe NE, has a QB.

This. I don't know if any the New England Patriots stuff is true, but if that the case the only other team I fear is the Jaguars. If they get a competent QB, the sky is the limit for that team. They Yanncik Ngakoue who was a draft favorite of mine and he's been killing it there.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:04 pm 

smithessmokin wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

This. I don't know if any the New England Patriots stuff is true, but if that the case the only other team I fear is the Jaguars. If they get a competent QB, the sky is the limit for that team. They Yanncik Ngakoue who was a draft favorite of mine and he's been killing it there.

A Pat Mahomes-led Chiefs team should be pretty good.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 am 

Don't forget the Colts with Luck healthy. If they draft a few key pieces on D, they will contend.