It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Great article on Shazier
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:59 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:
Mitchell's stats this year were pathetic. 53 total tackles, 35 solo 18 assist, 2 passes defensed, 0 picks, 0 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. For a FS who started 13 games.

That's 4 tackles per game and nothing else. How the hell do you start 13 games and get zero picks and defend 2 passes at FS?

It's not like he is a shut down corner and no one throws at him. Just a fucking tipped pass here and there and he should have a few ints.

I honestly think the guy has no football instincts at all. How many of these long runs and pass plays has he let run right by him? NEVER takes the correct angle and is never in place to break up a long sideline throw. Definitely a position of need in 2018.

Great post Balt, agree with ething you said

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
Baltostiller wrote:
Mitchell's stats this year were pathetic. 53 total tackles, 35 solo 18 assist, 2 passes defensed, 0 picks, 0 forced fumbles and 1 fumble recovery. For a FS who started 13 games.

That's 4 tackles per game and nothing else. How the hell do you start 13 games and get zero picks and defend 2 passes at FS?

It's not like he is a shut down corner and no one throws at him. Just a fucking tipped pass here and there and he should have a few ints.

I honestly think the guy has no football instincts at all. How many of these long runs and pass plays has he let run right by him? NEVER takes the correct angle and is never in place to break up a long sideline throw. Definitely a position of need in 2018.

Great post Balt, agree with ething you said

So, maybe we need a different thread for this, and I'm willing to wait accordingly for further discussion...

...but which FS do the Steelers pick at 1/32?

8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:42 pm 

Great article, just give Mitchell a break as he's speaking through his heart and not his head. It's dumb and the Pats boards are just eating it up. He will have to own his words if they lose this week and/or next week, if not, he'll be the hero. Whatever gets us over the hump.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:52 pm 

Ryan has a heartfelt post on instagram, showed up at practice today

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdx7_Kqn0iD/

Quote:
36,608 likes
shazierI want to thank the Lord for the first downs that he has been allowing me to achieve. The touchdown is going to come in his timing, but today was a first down. I was finally able to make it to practice with my teammates. It’s great to be back for practices and meetings. Just to be able to feel a part of it means the world. So I’m working harder than I ever have to get back. Ive been making strides over the past month and continue to make progress. Taking it day-by-day, but I’m far from done. The Lord has not finished his work yet. I want to say thank you to the fans and Steelers Nation for the prayers. If it wasn’t for my family, friends and your prayers I wouldn’t be were I am now. They have lifted me and my family through this journey and I ask for you to continue praying for me, as I continue to work daily on improving my health. #Shalieve#Steelers#prayfor50

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:54 pm 

Baltostiller wrote:

I actually disagree with the bolded. He's got great instincts, he's just too damn slow to get where he needs to be...happens to every athlete eventually. Half a second late...half a second reaction time and the play is way behind you at this level.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:58 pm 

R S wrote:
The guy with the political sig making political posts. Maybe I'll throw in some LBJ quotes about race and diversity from the 60s in my sig and see how long I last before I get a private message from the down low moderator.
Are your feelings hurt, snow flake? Maybe you should continue looking for white racism in dustballs or the hardware section of home depot. All while accusing #blacklivesmatter of doing the same thing. Or maybe continue to complain that the media doesn't respect and coddle the people you decide that should be respected and coddled, while blaming the very same media for fake news.

Fucking hypocrite.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:17 pm 

Back on track, the national media has taken Mitchell's Patriots quote completely out of context and blowing it predictably out of proportion as we speak.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:19 pm 

Ice wrote:
Back on track, the national media has taken Mitchell's Patriots quote completely out of context and blowing it predictably out of proportion as we speak.

Yep, local media too. Best to ignore it and let the team deal with playing the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:17 pm 

Makes me a little bit pissed that nobody at all is reporting the context of the interview. Particularly ex-Buckeye Cris Carter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:21 pm 

Ice wrote:
Makes me a little bit pissed that nobody at all is reporting the context of the interview. Particularly ex-Buckeye Cris Carter.

95% of all the media has slanted down into the fucking toilet. Only a handful of people in 3rd party fashions are doing the old school journalistic integrity check. Narratives and clicks and flat out lies are more important.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next