It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7061
Poltargyst wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
I am curious to see if the steelers resign Haley after the season especially if they win the SB

It is curious that they haven't renewed his contract. Is it dependent on how the season turns out? Or is he already out at the end of the season?

Haley will be back, Ben on the other hand...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4410
Jobus i also think if they win a SB Ben might be riding off in the sunset.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7061
steelmann58 wrote:
Jobus i also think if they win a SB Ben might be riding off in the sunset.

Bittersweet...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4410
Yes it will be but it going to be a day when it comes in the near future an we might as well go out with a trophy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4410
I hope if Ben does retire they don't throw money at Cousins


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:46 pm
Posts: 397
steelmann58 wrote:
I hope if Ben does retire they don't throw money at Cousins


They wouldn't go after Cousins - nothing in Steelers' history indicates that they would. They would likely draft another QB to sit behind Landry. Local sports guys who are close to the team see no signs from Ben that a SB win would hasten his retirement. The team has enough talent to compete for rings for the next 3 years. Franchise QB's seldom walk away from a loaded roster.

_________________
Amateur photographer who's still learning - see my Flickr page:
https://www.flickr.com/people/fotosbyfree/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1617
44LetzRide wrote:
steelmann58 wrote:
I hope if Ben does retire they don't throw money at Cousins


They wouldn't go after Cousins - nothing in Steelers' history indicates that they would. They would likely draft another QB to sit behind Landry. Local sports guys who are close to the team see no signs from Ben that a SB win would hasten his retirement. The team has enough talent to compete for rings for the next 3 years. Franchise QB's seldom walk away from a loaded roster.

They would go after a factory refurbished Bradford.

_________________
KC wrote:
I got nothin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16775
Alex Smith is about one getting pulled in a playoff game away from being on the street next year. If Haley stays and Ben goes, Smith is coming here.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9259
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Alex Smith is about one getting pulled in a playoff game away from being on the street next year. If Haley stays and Ben goes, Smith is coming here.




Got a feeling Smith with be a Buffalo Bill next season and we'll sign Tyrod to back up Ben


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8153
Ben's idol growing up was John Elway. Elway retired after back to back super bowl wins. If Ben wins it this year I wouldn't bet against him coming back to try to go out like Elway.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 4410
i think you might be on to something and Ben would love to tie Terry record.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 am
Posts: 5642
Munch interviewed with Arizona yesterday.
The OL under Munch has been very good.
Ben getting sacked less over the last four years

Sacked 91 times last 4 years.
sacked 144 the four years previous to Munch.

More importantly, has taken UDFA's and less pedigree, oft sized players, etc..... and elevated their play.

Villy,
Finney,
Hubbard,
Cody Wallace
Beachem.

I think Feiler and Hawkins are more ready to step in than we think.

_________________
"Tomlin doubled down on dumb" JackSplat58


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9259
Poltargyst wrote:
Ben's idol growing up was John Elway. Elway retired after back to back super bowl wins. If Ben wins it this year I wouldn't bet against him coming back to try to go out like Elway.




Bens stated goal has always been to have won more Lombardis than TB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4523
Stosh-67 wrote:
Munch interviewed with Arizona yesterday.
The OL under Munch has been very good.
Ben getting sacked less over the last four years

Sacked 91 times last 4 years.
sacked 144 the four years previous to Munch.

More importantly, has taken UDFA's and less pedigree, oft sized players, etc..... and elevated their play.

Villy,
Finney,
Hubbard,
Cody Wallace
Beachem.

I think Feiler and Hawkins are more ready to step in than we think.


I thought Munch always said "I don't wanna be a HC anymore".
Or was that just toeing the company line?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:48 pm
Posts: 1589
Donnie Brasco wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:
Munch interviewed with Arizona yesterday.
The OL under Munch has been very good.
Ben getting sacked less over the last four years

Sacked 91 times last 4 years.
sacked 144 the four years previous to Munch.

More importantly, has taken UDFA's and less pedigree, oft sized players, etc..... and elevated their play.

Villy,
Finney,
Hubbard,
Cody Wallace
Beachem.

I think Feiler and Hawkins are more ready to step in than we think.


I thought Munch always said "I don't wanna be a HC anymore".
Or was that just toeing the company line?

Even if he doesn't want to be a HC, going on a HC interview certainly might encourage your current employer to open up a bag of money for you. And, something I don't think I've ever heard him say is..."I don't wanna be richer anymore".

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...cheap ass Rooneys! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 597
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Alex Smith is about one getting pulled in a playoff game away from being on the street next year. If Haley stays and Ben goes, Smith is coming here.


Never going to happen with Jones already on the roster.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4904
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
Lynch wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Alex Smith is about one getting pulled in a playoff game away from being on the street next year. If Haley stays and Ben goes, Smith is coming here.


Never going to happen with Jones already on the roster.


I agree, B2B.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2677
Ice wrote:
Lynch wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Alex Smith is about one getting pulled in a playoff game away from being on the street next year. If Haley stays and Ben goes, Smith is coming here.


Never going to happen with Jones already on the roster.


I agree, B2B.


Smith is Jones with athletic ability. I would'nt trade older athlete for what we have on the roster.

I

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16775
Assuming Ben is gone and Haley stays, Smith is plug and play in Haley's offense. He does everything Todd wants at a high level. Landry is what he is: an undynamic stopgap. He'll never be a legit starter in the league.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2677
Steelers will never pay him what he deserves, as a stop loss...IMO.

They have holes elsewhere to spend cash.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2677
Also, there's no guarantee Haley is there next season.

If I'm Tomlin/Colbert, i look at Ben with Haleys concepts & say Fichner can do that job...thats assuming Ben does'nt retire.

If Ben does retire, i go heavy on ILB, FS & TE. I give Landy the keys for a year & see how it goes.

I also hate talking about next year when the present is crucial. .

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:06 am
Posts: 9259
Quote:

Jeremy Fowler

Verified account

@JFowlerESPN
1h
1 hour ago


More
Ben Roethlisberger now whether this is last Heinz Field game: “I don’t think it is but I’m not thinking about that right now. I’m going to play this one and give it everything I have.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 14219
Looking like Munch will stay in Pittsburgh. :D

Quote:
Pat Shurmur has emerged as the frontrunner to replace Bruce Arians https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blo ... head-coach


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4523
Steelafan77 wrote:
Looking like Munch will stay in Pittsburgh. :D

Quote:
Pat Shurmur has emerged as the frontrunner to replace Bruce Arians https://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-blo ... head-coach


1. Pat Shurmur is still alive and coaching?
2. Thank god for the ol boys network in the NFL...did they interview a minority candidate?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Munchak or Haley the greater loss
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 4904
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
There HAD to be better candidates out there than Shurmur. Look at McVay. Hell, go back 11 years and look at Tomlin. Look at Dan Quinn. McDermott. Doug Pederson. Even Zimmer is in his first HC job. That's half the playoff field. Give some young, innovative minds a chance. I mean, it's not as crazy as giving TV's Jon Gruden 10 years and 100 million, but it's silly to just keep recycling names.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group