It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16811
Poltargyst wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Be great to beat the Pats this Sunday.

But let's face it: the money game will be the playoff meeting, should it come to pass.

I'll be watching it with a good friend......who happens to be a huge Pats fan.

I'm ok doing so bc it is a reg season game.

Playoffs will require Swiss' rules. Drawn curtains, solo watching.

I would very much like that money game to be played in Pittsburgh, which makes this a (smaller) money game too.

If NE loses this game, they have a very good chance of getting the Chargers and then going to Jacksonville before a possible AFCCG.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6969
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Be great to beat the Pats this Sunday.

But let's face it: the money game will be the playoff meeting, should it come to pass.

I'll be watching it with a good friend......who happens to be a huge Pats fan.

I'm ok doing so bc it is a reg season game.

Playoffs will require Swiss' rules. Drawn curtains, solo watching.

I would very much like that money game to be played in Pittsburgh, which makes this a (smaller) money game too.

If NE loses this game, they have a very good chance of getting the Chargers and then going to Jacksonville before a possible AFCCG.


So you're saying we may be able to avoid them again in the playoffs, thus giving us a good chance to get to Minneapolis?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7449
I would take that. First question posed in the SBI piece. Root for Jax to win or lose at 1pm Sunday?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4194
swissvale72 wrote:
I would take that. First question posed in the SBI piece. Root for Jax to win or lose at 1pm Sunday?


Good question, Swiss. Problem is SBI very much depends on how we do at 4:25. I'd say lose though to better our chances at one of the 1st round byes.

_________________
"Antonio Brown doesn't need to respond to anything," Tomlin said. "He walks into stadiums and he's Antonio Brown and he made Antonio Brown plays."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5606
Swiss,

This is rinse, repeat. Will you ever learn?

Quote:
*Past years, including last year, I rationalized Steelers not making it deep enough into the playoffs in order to face the Patriots (happened in '07 and '11 as well), believing that Patriots likely would have won, then I would have need to sell my house, pull up stakes, get the fuck outta town. This year though.....I'm thinking Steelers win!!



http://steelerfury.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8104

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7449
StillerInCT wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
I would take that. First question posed in the SBI piece. Root for Jax to win or lose at 1pm Sunday?


Good question, Swiss. Problem is SBI very much depends on how we do at 4:25. I'd say lose though to better our chances at one of the 1st round byes.

That IS the conundrum, CT. I'm going all in, rooting for jags win at 1, counting on Steelers to win at 425. And even not, Steelers should take final two games, while jags still need to visit tennessee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7449
R S wrote:
Swiss,

This is rinse, repeat. Will you ever learn?

Quote:
*Past years, including last year, I rationalized Steelers not making it deep enough into the playoffs in order to face the Patriots (happened in '07 and '11 as well), believing that Patriots likely would have won, then I would have need to sell my house, pull up stakes, get the fuck outta town. This year though.....I'm thinking Steelers win!!



http://steelerfury.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8104

Thanks for the re-post, RS. And the answer is NO!! Old dog, new tricks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1619
44LetzRide wrote:
Quote:
Brady cannot be comfortable on Sunday and that's the aspect of what the Steelers need to do to beat the Patriots and win the Super Bowl that's harder to visualize. Our D in previous SB years had bloodlust in its DNA. The desire to finally stop the Raven defense required a team meeting on the sidelines conducted by Tomlin, then berating Davis and Cam getting in people's faces. The bloodlust had to be manufactured it's not really excusable but it's easy to understand why coming off that brutal win in Cincinnati and losing Ryan. The mission has to be Seek and Destroy on Sunday and if it's there and Ben is player coach we will win that game.

Sorry for the rambling. But we wait so long for these opportunities as fans and they don't come along that often. As Steeler fans we've had more than anyone and the Patriots are creeping up but we can finally handle them on Sunday.


I respectfully disagree here. The fire that it takes to turn the tide in those critical moments to come has to the stadium with you.

Uhh, I think we all know that it takes a shitty Styx song.

_________________
KC wrote:
I got nothin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm
Posts: 1619
Havoc wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Be great to beat the Pats this Sunday.

But let's face it: the money game will be the playoff meeting, should it come to pass.


Would be a great statement to win sunday. Steelers Nation would be rocking at an intense level.

Can't help but think of the 2007 Giants. Lost to Pats in final RS game (in New York), beat them when it mattered most. Giants took a lead into the 4th quarter in that final RS game. Gave them some confidence I think if they were to meet again.

Ran into a Steelers fan the other day (he approached me due to my Steelers cap). He said it's a must win Sunday... that we can't beat the Pats in their house. I don't buy it though... meaning if we are good enough to beat them, we can beat them in Foxborough.


Beat them in their den of deception? Our Headsets wont work, the scoreboard will misinform re time outs or something else, their high level intelligence equipment operating and those are what we know about. The crap they've got working that we don't know about is equivalent of a govt agency. I would never publically say that anyone who thinks these comments are paranoia or unfounded suspicion isn't naïve but rather stupid or ignorant. I wouldn't say that. Why did Elway & Den shut down their laptops in AFCCG in Denver? The league knows what these guys do. We get our chance on Sunday. NE is a seasoned playoff machine, they know they've got home field and a SB Berth if they win on Sunday. Their motivation and vision is several steps ahead and further down the road than ours.

There are two emerging surging other teams in the AFC and surprise, surprise they both have defenses. We all know that hackneyed yet true axiom about defense this time of year. We'll need stops and pain inflicted on Sunday if we're snuffing out NE's flame and their long range vision and putting them on the road in the playoffs having fun vs Chargers and/or Jax. I can see either D destroying Gronk and NE players wobbling off; that vision is also in Belichick's head and he will do everything he can in Pittsburgh to avoid it. Everything. His prep and game planning for us has been intense. Alu, Cam, Tuitt, Watt, Har have to have the games of their lives. Harrison has to rush Brady 25-30 times. Vince and Fort/Spence have to fill and shut down running game. Lewis scares the crap out of me, someone has to send his consciousness to the moon. Hate that he's a Pitt guy and wants to have a big day.

I think anyone who believes if we lose at home on Sunday we can still beat them in the playoffs needs to put down the pipe. This is a playoff game. AFCCG Round 1. We will not beat them Round 2 in Foxboro. We might not even get there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3818
Might as well believe, it's bound to happen sometimes.

I just hope they come out firing and aggressive on O and D. Get TDs and get after Brady and rock him a few times.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Old School Steeler wrote:
Havoc wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Be great to beat the Pats this Sunday.

But let's face it: the money game will be the playoff meeting, should it come to pass.


Would be a great statement to win sunday. Steelers Nation would be rocking at an intense level.

Can't help but think of the 2007 Giants. Lost to Pats in final RS game (in New York), beat them when it mattered most. Giants took a lead into the 4th quarter in that final RS game. Gave them some confidence I think if they were to meet again.

Ran into a Steelers fan the other day (he approached me due to my Steelers cap). He said it's a must win Sunday... that we can't beat the Pats in their house. I don't buy it though... meaning if we are good enough to beat them, we can beat them in Foxborough.


Beat them in their den of deception? Our Headsets wont work, the scoreboard will misinform re time outs or something else, their high level intelligence equipment operating and those are what we know about. The crap they've got working that we don't know about is equivalent of a govt agency. I would never publically say that anyone who thinks these comments are paranoia or unfounded suspicion isn't naïve but rather stupid or ignorant. I wouldn't say that. Why did Elway & Den shut down their laptops in AFCCG in Denver? The league knows what these guys do. We get our chance on Sunday. NE is a seasoned playoff machine, they know they've got home field and a SB Berth if they win on Sunday. Their motivation and vision is several steps ahead and further down the road than ours.

There are two emerging surging other teams in the AFC and surprise, surprise they both have defenses. We all know that hackneyed yet true axiom about defense this time of year. We'll need stops and pain inflicted on Sunday if we're snuffing out NE's flame and their long range vision and putting them on the road in the playoffs having fun vs Chargers and/or Jax. I can see either D destroying Gronk and NE players wobbling off; that vision is also in Belichick's head and he will do everything he can in Pittsburgh to avoid it. Everything. His prep and game planning for us has been intense. Alu, Cam, Tuitt, Watt, Har have to have the games of their lives. Harrison has to rush Brady 25-30 times. Vince and Fort/Spence have to fill and shut down running game. Lewis scares the crap out of me, someone has to send his consciousness to the moon. Hate that he's a Pitt guy and wants to have a big day.

I think anyone who believes if we lose at home on Sunday we can still beat them in the playoffs needs to put down the pipe. This is a playoff game. AFCCG Round 1. We will not beat them Round 2 in Foxboro. We might not even get there.


Fuck all this. Give me the pipe.

If Ben keeps playing like he did last Sunday, I don't give a shit if they play the Pats on the moon. They will have a chance to beat them.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:55 pm
Posts: 731
Nick79 wrote:
Might as well believe, it's bound to happen sometimes.

I just hope they come out firing and aggressive on O and D. Get TDs and get after Brady and rock him a few times.

Amazingly I’m with Nick on this one.

It does me no good to worry about losing again to the Pats in the lead up to the game - all that accomplishes is for me to have a crappy week. We have the tools to win this game with Ben, Brown, Bell & Bos all performing at the top of their games. I fully expect Bele-cheat to pull out something we haven’t seen before but I’m still hoping we deal with it and end up with the W.

We all remember how Brady completely owned Manning early in their rivalry. Even though Tom ended up 11-6 against him, Peyton ended up winning their last three playoff matchups and the way he did it was totally cerebral.

Keeping that in mind I’m going in with the mindset that this is when Ben can start turning things around and beating Brady led teams. Ben’s command of the LOS last week against the Ravens was very Payton-esque as he got the D to show their coverage and adjusted accordingly. If he can do something similar against the Pats and get them to show their cards, he is at a point where he can control the game.

If I’m wrong, so be it - I’ll have a terrible Sunday night but there’s no sense in ruing the whole week and….if I am right then I can enjoy the win even more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8174
Stillerz Bar wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Might as well believe, it's bound to happen sometimes.

I just hope they come out firing and aggressive on O and D. Get TDs and get after Brady and rock him a few times.

Amazingly I’m with Nick on this one.

It does me no good to worry about losing again to the Pats in the lead up to the game - all that accomplishes is for me to have a crappy week. We have the tools to win this game with Ben, Brown, Bell & Bos all performing at the top of their games. I fully expect Bele-cheat to pull out something we haven’t seen before but I’m still hoping we deal with it and end up with the W.

We all remember how Brady completely owned Manning early in their rivalry. Even though Tom ended up 11-6 against him, Peyton ended up winning their last three playoff matchups and the way he did it was totally cerebral.

Keeping that in mind I’m going in with the mindset that this is when Ben can start turning things around and beating Brady led teams. Ben’s command of the LOS last week against the Ravens was very Payton-esque as he got the D to show their coverage and adjusted accordingly. If he can do something similar against the Pats and get them to show their cards, he is at a point where he can control the game.

If I’m wrong, so be it - I’ll have a terrible Sunday night but there’s no sense in ruing the whole week and….if I am right then I can enjoy the win even more.

I'm here too. In Ben we trust.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4295
It would be easier to get on boards if so many key pieces to our roster weren’t either soft as baby shit mentally or soft as baby shit physically.

In some cases both.

I’m looking at Bryant, Dupree, Burns in particular.

There are more but if those three players in particular simply play up to their physical ability this team could be on an entirely different level.

We are already at a coaching disadvantage against certain teams. Hard to overcome holes in your roster where certain key elements choose to play like fucking pussies.


Last edited by 955876 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7449
955876 wrote:
It would be easier to get on boards if so many key pieces to our roster weren’t either soft as baby shit mentally or soft as baby shit physically.

In some cases both.

I’m looking at Bryant, Dupree, Burns in particular.

There are more but if those three players in particular simply play up to their physical ability this team could be on an entirely different level.


MB goes off on Sunday...at least one TD on a bomb.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4295
Hope so. I think we can win this game. Loosing Shazier is really detrimental to our SB hopes given that while he has been inconsistent he has also stepped up in the big games. He has passion and the desire to elevate when it’s all on the line.

A physical specimen like Dupree is pissing me off. Multiple times I’ve seen him pull up or give up on a play. Fucker tip toes around. Same with Burns.

We have a SB caliber core. Problem is a lot of our roll players are soft, stupid, or both.

Pats get by with less because their roll players play smart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
Assuming CLE is basically a preseason game with everyone sitting.....how funny would it be to see a QB match-up of Kizer vs. Dobbs? (I know, Laundry probably gets the start).

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 1115
All this talk of of high scoring games has me thinking this is going to end up 20-10. All this talk of getting after Brady, when I know he hasn't been quite right and I know the Pats have taken notice of the horrendous steeler run D, has me thinking they'll do something ridiculous like run the ball 15x in a row.

Pats may be the ones trying to shorten the game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7088
Hey...hey...hey...does everyone remember when Artie Burns was the shit? :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4699
Miter Saw wrote:
All this talk of of high scoring games has me thinking this is going to end up 20-10. All this talk of getting after Brady, when I know he hasn't been quite right and I know the Pats have taken notice of the horrendous steeler run D, has me thinking they'll do something ridiculous like run the ball 15x in a row.

Pats may be the ones trying to shorten the game.


excellent observation - this wouldn't surprise me either -- our run defense is god awful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Posts: 23687
Kodiak wrote:
Assuming CLE is basically a preseason game with everyone sitting.....how funny would it be to see a QB match-up of Kizer vs. Dobbs? (I know, Laundry probably gets the start).


If the Steelers lose this game, unless Jax drops one of the next two, we have to play Cleveland all out to secure a bye.

_________________
“A set of several simple rules leads to complex, intelligent behavior. While a set of complex rules often leads to dumb and primitive behavior.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm
Posts: 1619
Fuck all this. Give me the pipe.

If Ben keeps playing like he did last Sunday, I don't give a shit if they play the Pats on the moon. They will have a chance to beat them.



Checked with Patriot nation, they said if rematch is in Foxboro they'll be real quiet when we have the ball so Ben can read Pat D, make a call at LOS. They want Ben to be at his best.

Checked with Ben, he said don't look at the evidence to date that his passing accuracy especially his long ball is better at Heinz. Different depth perception, wind currents, lighting conditions are just an excuse.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Old School Steeler wrote:
Fuck all this. Give me the pipe.

If Ben keeps playing like he did last Sunday, I don't give a shit if they play the Pats on the moon. They will have a chance to beat them.



Checked with Patriot nation, they said if rematch is in Foxboro they'll be real quiet when we have the ball so Ben can read Pat D, make a call at LOS. They want Ben to be at his best.

Checked with Ben, he said don't look at the evidence to date that his passing accuracy especially his long ball is better at Heinz. Different depth perception, wind currents, lighting conditions are just an excuse.


I checked with your vagina and it verified your concerns. :P

I'll take the crack pipe.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm
Posts: 1619
Still Lit wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
Fuck all this. Give me the pipe.

If Ben keeps playing like he did last Sunday, I don't give a shit if they play the Pats on the moon. They will have a chance to beat them.



Checked with Patriot nation, they said if rematch is in Foxboro they'll be real quiet when we have the ball so Ben can read Pat D, make a call at LOS. They want Ben to be at his best.

Checked with Ben, he said don't look at the evidence to date that his passing accuracy especially his long ball is better at Heinz. Different depth perception, wind currents, lighting conditions are just an excuse.


I checked with your vagina and it verified your concerns. :P

I'll take the crack pipe.



Really? That's your response to debate, name calling. That's the best you can do? An old tired put down that's been floating around this site for ten years. You would be a huge success in business, industry, commerce.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Old School, the emoticon with the tongue out was indicative of the nature of my post.

I might suck at business but I excel at dinner parties.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: VASteelerGuy and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group