It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Believing!!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:37 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Be great to beat the Pats this Sunday.

But let's face it: the money game will be the playoff meeting, should it come to pass.

I'll be watching it with a good friend......who happens to be a huge Pats fan.

I'm ok doing so bc it is a reg season game.

Playoffs will require Swiss' rules. Drawn curtains, solo watching.

I would very much like that money game to be played in Pittsburgh, which makes this a (smaller) money game too.

If NE loses this game, they have a very good chance of getting the Chargers and then going to Jacksonville before a possible AFCCG.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

But let's face it: the money game will be the playoff meeting, should it come to pass.

I'll be watching it with a good friend......who happens to be a huge Pats fan.

I'm ok doing so bc it is a reg season game.

Playoffs will require Swiss' rules. Drawn curtains, solo watching.

I would very much like that money game to be played in Pittsburgh, which makes this a (smaller) money game too.

If NE loses this game, they have a very good chance of getting the Chargers and then going to Jacksonville before a possible AFCCG.

So you're saying we may be able to avoid them again in the playoffs, thus giving us a good chance to get to Minneapolis?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:17 pm 

I would take that. First question posed in the SBI piece. Root for Jax to win or lose at 1pm Sunday?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:56 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
I would take that. First question posed in the SBI piece. Root for Jax to win or lose at 1pm Sunday?

Good question, Swiss. Problem is SBI very much depends on how we do at 4:25. I'd say lose though to better our chances at one of the 1st round byes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:14 am 

Swiss,

This is rinse, repeat. Will you ever learn?

Quote:
*Past years, including last year, I rationalized Steelers not making it deep enough into the playoffs in order to face the Patriots (happened in '07 and '11 as well), believing that Patriots likely would have won, then I would have need to sell my house, pull up stakes, get the fuck outta town. This year though.....I'm thinking Steelers win!!

http://steelerfury.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8104

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:34 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Good question, Swiss. Problem is SBI very much depends on how we do at 4:25. I'd say lose though to better our chances at one of the 1st round byes.

That IS the conundrum, CT. I'm going all in, rooting for jags win at 1, counting on Steelers to win at 425. And even not, Steelers should take final two games, while jags still need to visit tennessee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 am 

R S wrote:
Swiss,

This is rinse, repeat. Will you ever learn?

Quote:
*Past years, including last year, I rationalized Steelers not making it deep enough into the playoffs in order to face the Patriots (happened in '07 and '11 as well), believing that Patriots likely would have won, then I would have need to sell my house, pull up stakes, get the fuck outta town. This year though.....I'm thinking Steelers win!!

http://steelerfury.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8104

Thanks for the re-post, RS. And the answer is NO!! Old dog, new tricks

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 am 

44LetzRide wrote:
Quote:
Brady cannot be comfortable on Sunday and that's the aspect of what the Steelers need to do to beat the Patriots and win the Super Bowl that's harder to visualize. Our D in previous SB years had bloodlust in its DNA. The desire to finally stop the Raven defense required a team meeting on the sidelines conducted by Tomlin, then berating Davis and Cam getting in people's faces. The bloodlust had to be manufactured it's not really excusable but it's easy to understand why coming off that brutal win in Cincinnati and losing Ryan. The mission has to be Seek and Destroy on Sunday and if it's there and Ben is player coach we will win that game.

Sorry for the rambling. But we wait so long for these opportunities as fans and they don't come along that often. As Steeler fans we've had more than anyone and the Patriots are creeping up but we can finally handle them on Sunday.

I respectfully disagree here. The fire that it takes to turn the tide in those critical moments to come has to the stadium with you.

Uhh, I think we all know that it takes a shitty Styx song.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:51 am 

Havoc wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Would be a great statement to win sunday. Steelers Nation would be rocking at an intense level.

Can't help but think of the 2007 Giants. Lost to Pats in final RS game (in New York), beat them when it mattered most. Giants took a lead into the 4th quarter in that final RS game. Gave them some confidence I think if they were to meet again.

Ran into a Steelers fan the other day (he approached me due to my Steelers cap). He said it's a must win Sunday... that we can't beat the Pats in their house. I don't buy it though... meaning if we are good enough to beat them, we can beat them in Foxborough.

Beat them in their den of deception? Our Headsets wont work, the scoreboard will misinform re time outs or something else, their high level intelligence equipment operating and those are what we know about. The crap they've got working that we don't know about is equivalent of a govt agency. I would never publically say that anyone who thinks these comments are paranoia or unfounded suspicion isn't naïve but rather stupid or ignorant. I wouldn't say that. Why did Elway & Den shut down their laptops in AFCCG in Denver? The league knows what these guys do. We get our chance on Sunday. NE is a seasoned playoff machine, they know they've got home field and a SB Berth if they win on Sunday. Their motivation and vision is several steps ahead and further down the road than ours.

There are two emerging surging other teams in the AFC and surprise, surprise they both have defenses. We all know that hackneyed yet true axiom about defense this time of year. We'll need stops and pain inflicted on Sunday if we're snuffing out NE's flame and their long range vision and putting them on the road in the playoffs having fun vs Chargers and/or Jax. I can see either D destroying Gronk and NE players wobbling off; that vision is also in Belichick's head and he will do everything he can in Pittsburgh to avoid it. Everything. His prep and game planning for us has been intense. Alu, Cam, Tuitt, Watt, Har have to have the games of their lives. Harrison has to rush Brady 25-30 times. Vince and Fort/Spence have to fill and shut down running game. Lewis scares the crap out of me, someone has to send his consciousness to the moon. Hate that he's a Pitt guy and wants to have a big day.

I think anyone who believes if we lose at home on Sunday we can still beat them in the playoffs needs to put down the pipe. This is a playoff game. AFCCG Round 1. We will not beat them Round 2 in Foxboro. We might not even get there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 am 

Might as well believe, it's bound to happen sometimes.

I just hope they come out firing and aggressive on O and D. Get TDs and get after Brady and rock him a few times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next