It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E16 PIT vs NE THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:17 pm 

Here it is.

https://soundcloud.com/sightdotsound/steelerfury-steelers-show-podcast-s10e16-pit-vs-ne

the SteelerFury Podcast Week 14 (S10.E15)

NEW INSTRUCTIONS: to view, listen, and "call in" via computer, go to: http://uberconference.com/steelerfurypodcast
to call in by phone: 724-209-8118

You know the drill.

P.S.: If you like the show, please go to steelerfurypodcast.com and look for the Paypal donate button on the lower left side. Even a buck or two helps a lot, thanks! Also, apologizes to anyone who previously tried to donate to the show-- the Paypal button linked to the wrong address, so that's why it was returned.

1974-1975-1978-1979-2005-2008-2017?

Here we go!

IF YOU'D LIKE TO ASK A QUESTION OR MAKE A COMMENT ON THE AIR, let me know in the chat box on Uberconference!

Something special to ask this year: If you like the podcast, please take a few minutes to post a review/rating at either iTunes or soundcloud. We need at least 10 reviews at each to get bumped up in the listings, which would help us keep going. Thanks!

Be there! Aloha!

Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E16 PIT vs NE THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:23 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:41 pm 

ITunes is no longer allowing me to subscribe to the show. And the last listed episode is from 2016.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:11 pm 

Podcast those assholes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:33 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
ITunes is no longer allowing me to subscribe to the show. And the last listed episode is from 2016.

<throws hands up in the air>

The system seems fixed and just a couple of days ago, I uploaded all the old shows that had been missed. I'll try again, sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 am 

If you could throw in number to call sir

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:54 am 

NEW INSTRUCTIONS: to view, listen, and "call in" via computer, go to: http://uberconference.com/steelerfurypodcast
to call in by phone: 724-209-8118

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:37 pm 

Yay! It works now. I've been looking forward to this one for awhile!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:52 pm 

Well may have spoken too soon. This podcast I'm listening to that is labeled the NE podcast appears to be the one after last week's Cincinnati game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:30 pm 

JackSplat58 wrote:
Well may have spoken too soon. This podcast I'm listening to that is labeled the NE podcast appears to be the one after last week's Cincinnati game.

sorry-- that was a typo... new one should be up momentarily.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:31 pm 

https://soundcloud.com/sightdotsound/steelerfury-steelers-show-podcast-s10e16-pit-vs-ne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:22 pm 

Love the podcast, listen every week. I would never want to say anything negative about the work you all put into it. I love the rapport, the insight, it’s all great.

But I had to turn it off after 20 minutes. The Steelers are 11-2 (they probably won’t be 11-2 again for a very long time), are coming off one of the most exciting regular season wins in their recent history, with an out of this world performance from their HOF QB, and FC and Perch were the most hateful, negative, and sour that I can ever remember. Thank god for B2B fighting the good fight and trying to keep the right perspective. I don’t consider myself a super homer, but I just couldn’t handle that level of negativity going into this week, especially since nationally that’s all we’ve heard all damn year. “Yeah, but...” after every win. The Steelers have their share of problems, but GD there’s a TON to love about this team and their fight. No offense intended guys. And fuck the Patriots.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:42 pm 

TB wrote:
Love the podcast, listen every week. I would never want to say anything negative about the work you all put into it. I love the rapport, the insight, it’s all great.

But I had to turn it off after 20 minutes. The Steelers are 11-2 (they probably won’t be 11-2 again for a very long time), are coming off one of the most exciting regular season wins in their recent history, with an out of this world performance from their HOF QB, and FC and Perch were the most hateful, negative, and sour that I can ever remember. Thank god for B2B fighting the good fight and trying to keep the right perspective. I don’t consider myself a super homer, but I just couldn’t handle that level of negativity going into this week, especially since nationally that’s all we’ve heard all damn year. “Yeah, but...” after every win. The Steelers have their share of problems, but GD there’s a TON to love about this team and their fight. No offense intended guys. And fuck the Patriots.
I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but you're spot on with the bolded.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:44 pm 

Yeah I agree too. We can't enjoy the accomplishments of this team because we haven't beaten the Pats in a playoff game. Definitely a lot to like about this team that some people are missing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:52 pm 

Thanks guys. I don't need positivity, I just want to hear Honest opinions about the Steelers. Glad to hear FC, Perch, and B2B talk about the inside linebackers, the run defense, the safeties, and corners. Ben, AB, and Bell are heroic enough to win games, but our Defense has serious problems that need to be identified and addressed and they nailed it in this podcast.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:59 pm 

I'm not sure they were THAT much more negative than usual :lol:

Here's how I think it goes:
1. immediately after the game, you're high as a kite-- they are incredible and invincible!
2. The afterglow lasts for maybe even a day or two after such an amazing win
3. then you start thinking about the problems they've had that are cropping up repeatedly, and which they've only barely overcome
4. the pendulum of emotions has swung
5. now you bring in our nemesis, who have beaten us senseless even when we've been hot as can be
6. we've officially reached the low point.
7. as game day nears, you start to say: fuck it, maybe they have a chance
8. as kickoff nears, you say, "they will find a way".

and so on

rinse and repeat

It just so happens we record the show after the afterglow has faded. Really, it's my fault, because I could have started the show with: "How unbelievable is this team? On a scale of 1-OMG?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
Thanks guys. I don't need positivity, I just want to hear Honest opinions about the Steelers. Glad to hear FC, Perch, and B2B talk about the inside linebackers, the run defense, the safeties, and corners. Ben, AB, and Bell are heroic enough to win games, but our Defense has serious problems that need to be identified and addressed and they nailed it in this podcast.

The flip side of that, though, is: it's a week-to-week league. It's very possible that the Steelers D will come out gangbusters in this game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:

The flip side of that, though, is: it's a week-to-week league. It's very possible that the Steelers D will come out gangbusters in this game.

That would be great. And FC, and Perch are tough critics but I just want to hear what you guys think because you guys see alot more than I do, that's why I enjoy listening.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:08 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

1. immediately after the game, you're high as a kite-- they are incredible and invincible!
3. then you start thinking about the problems they've had that are cropping up repeatedly, and which they've only barely overcome
5. now you bring in our nemesis, who have beaten us senseless even when we've been hot as can be

and so on

rinse and repeat

It just so happens we record the show after the afterglow has faded. Really, it's my fault, because I could have started the show with: "How unbelievable is this team? On a scale of 1-OMG?"

That makes sense. I’m still in the afterglow phase though. :lol: That’s probably why I wasn’t feeling the overall vibe.

Keep up the great work gents.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:54 pm 

TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

and so on

rinse and repeat

That makes sense. I’m still in the afterglow phase though. :lol: That’s probably why I wasn’t feeling the overall vibe.

Keep up the great work gents.

Try again tomorrow? 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:24 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 am 

Perch says: "Joe Flacco with absolutely no weapons put up 38 on them."

Ok, but Ravens put up:
30 vs Raiders 10/8
40 vs Dolphins 10/26
20 vs Titans 11/5
23 vs Packers 11/19
23 vs Texans 11/27
44 (!) vs Lions 12/3 the week before putting 38 on the Steelers.

So the Ravens offense has not been simply dogshit lately. Put up a 40 burger twice this season. Has our vaunted offense even hit a plus 40 game once? Nooooooooope.

Edit: just looked it up. Baltimore has scored a total of 318 points so far this year. Our Pittsburgh Steelers? 320. In total points, Pittsburgh ranks 8th, Baltimore 9th.

Well damn. And obviously we played many of the same teams as Baltimore.

Last edited by Still Lit on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:15 am 

My bad on muting some mics in the middle of the podcast. I had it on my phone at work and a call came in. Thought the muting would just be on my side.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 am 

prophet wrote:
My bad on muting some mics in the middle of the podcast. I had it on my phone at work and a call came in. Thought the muting would just be on my side.

No worries-- I figured out that's what happened... a lot of trust/responsibility given to callers on our show!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Perch says: "Joe Flacco with absolutely no weapons put up 38 on them."

Ok, but Ravens put up:
30 vs Raiders 10/8
40 vs Dolphins 10/26
20 vs Titans 11/5
23 vs Packers 11/19
23 vs Texans 11/27
44 (!) vs Lions 12/3 the week before putting 38 on the Steelers.

So the Ravens offense has not been simply dogshit lately. Put up a 40 burger twice this season. Has our vaunted offense even hit a plus 40 game once? Nooooooooope.

Edit: just looked it up. Baltimore has scored a total of 318 points so far this year. Our Pittsburgh Steelers? 320. In total points, Pittsburgh ranks 8th, Baltimore 9th.

Well damn. And obviously we played many of the same teams as Baltimore.

Part of what I was trying to say in the preview to the Ravens game... they're probably a better overall team than NE, minus the mystique and the value of a superior QB.