It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E16 PIT vs NE THU 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:24 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 am 

Perch says: "Joe Flacco with absolutely no weapons put up 38 on them."

Ok, but Ravens put up:
30 vs Raiders 10/8
40 vs Dolphins 10/26
20 vs Titans 11/5
23 vs Packers 11/19
23 vs Texans 11/27
44 (!) vs Lions 12/3 the week before putting 38 on the Steelers.

So the Ravens offense has not been simply dogshit lately. Put up a 40 burger twice this season. Has our vaunted offense even hit a plus 40 game once? Nooooooooope.

Edit: just looked it up. Baltimore has scored a total of 318 points so far this year. Our Pittsburgh Steelers? 320. In total points, Pittsburgh ranks 8th, Baltimore 9th.

Well damn. And obviously we played many of the same teams as Baltimore.

Last edited by Still Lit on Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:15 am 

My bad on muting some mics in the middle of the podcast. I had it on my phone at work and a call came in. Thought the muting would just be on my side.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 am 

prophet wrote:
My bad on muting some mics in the middle of the podcast. I had it on my phone at work and a call came in. Thought the muting would just be on my side.

No worries-- I figured out that's what happened... a lot of trust/responsibility given to callers on our show!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:39 am 

Still Lit wrote:

Ok, but Ravens put up:
30 vs Raiders 10/8
40 vs Dolphins 10/26
20 vs Titans 11/5
23 vs Packers 11/19
23 vs Texans 11/27

So the Ravens offense has not been simply dogshit lately. Put up a 40 burger twice this season. Has our vaunted offense even hit a plus 40 game once? Nooooooooope.

Edit: just looked it up. Baltimore has scored a total of 318 points so far this year. Our Pittsburgh Steelers? 320. In total points, Pittsburgh ranks 8th, Baltimore 9th.

Part of what I was trying to say in the preview to the Ravens game... they're probably a better overall team than NE, minus the mystique and the value of a superior QB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:19 pm 

I think the Steelers have a Super Bowl winning offense

They were missing 2 starters on offense.

The Steelers have invested a ton into the defense( 8 picks in the top 3 rounds. Added Mitchell and Haden via free agency)

11-2 is not super important to me. I am a championship type of guy. My view has not changed. All you need is a ticket to get in.

I am not real positive about the Steelers right now. I believe I am the salty that makes the sweet so delicious.

I have big time issues with every player in the front 7 of the defense not named Vincenzo Williams

The NFL is a week to week league. If the Steelers front 7 comes out and dominates I will be the first person to credit them.

Lastly...I like many of you live and die by my Steelers football...The bigger game the more hateful my tone becomes...Its a character flaw. For a long time I had an outlet for that hate...Wow if we had podcasts back then...You would have heard hate :(

TB I would say sorry but you know I wouldn't really mean it. I will say I did not intend to be as hateful. I really want to win this game.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:16 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Ok, but Ravens put up:
30 vs Raiders 10/8
40 vs Dolphins 10/26
20 vs Titans 11/5
23 vs Packers 11/19
23 vs Texans 11/27

The ravens offense is garbage. When they score points it’s because of defense, turnovers, and STs.

Against the Lions they forced 3 turnovers and scored 2 defensive TDS

They scored 40 on Miami, does that mean they have a good offense? 5 of those scores were on D or ST

They played a backup QB in Oakland and scored two TDs on D/ ST.

Vs GB they forced 5 turnovers and only managed 23 points.

If you are arguing that Baltimore has a good or even competent offense based on the points they’ve scored, you are doing it wrong. They are near last in yards per play, rushing o, passing o, every efficiency stat for offense. The only good offensive game they had all year was vs Pittsvurgh on Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:40 pm 

FC wrote:
I think the Steelers have a Super Bowl winning offense

They were missing 2 starters on offense.

The Steelers have invested a ton into the defense( 8 picks in the top 3 rounds. Added Mitchell and Haden via free agency)

11-2 is not super important to me. I am a championship type of guy. My view has not changed. All you need is a ticket to get in.

I am not real positive about the Steelers right now. I believe I am the salty that makes the sweet so delicious.

I have big time issues with every player in the front 7 of the defense not named Vincenzo Williams

The NFL is a week to week league. If the Steelers front 7 comes out and dominates I will be the first person to credit them.

Lastly...I like many of you live and die by my Steelers football...The bigger game the more hateful my tone becomes...Its a character flaw. For a long time I had an outlet for that hate...Wow if we had podcasts back then...You would have heard hate :(

TB I would say sorry but you know I wouldn't really mean it. I will say I did not intend to be as hateful. I really want to win this game.

I get that same irrational hate especially when teams are marching it up and down the field on us. The Steelers got me hooked on great defense. I don't think I'll ever be able to watch teams rack up yards against us without lots of F-bombs. It's more of a relief when we win than just being happy. Character flaw is right on. I think it goes with patience which I do not possess. I'm much more rational by mid week though.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:53 pm 

SP wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

Ok, but Ravens put up:
30 vs Raiders 10/8
40 vs Dolphins 10/26
20 vs Titans 11/5
23 vs Packers 11/19
23 vs Texans 11/27

The ravens offense is garbage. When they score points it’s because of defense, turnovers, and STs.

Against the Lions they forced 3 turnovers and scored 2 defensive TDS

They scored 40 on Miami, does that mean they have a good offense? 5 of those scores were on D or ST

They played a backup QB in Oakland and scored two TDs on D/ ST.

Vs GB they forced 5 turnovers and only managed 23 points.

If you are arguing that Baltimore has a good or even competent offense based on the points they’ve scored, you are doing it wrong. They are near last in yards per play, rushing o, passing o, every efficiency stat for offense. The only good offensive game they had all year was vs Pittsvurgh on Sunday.

Perch, I'll grant you all of your points and merely point out that Pitt has scored a grand total of two more points than Baltimore.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:27 pm 

The loss of Shazier is likely a deal breaker for our championship hopes (we don't have any other real game changing defensive players capable of doing what he does) and unless Joe Haden quickly returns to midseason form, I just don't believe our defense will prove to be strong enough for a title run.

If anything can change in that regard, it MUST be our front 7 coming out this Sunday afternoon and putting a serious ass whoopin' on Tom Brady.

They're capable, I just don't know if they'll ever put it together.

Tuitt has been a huge disappointment after signing that contract.

I'll bet you are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next