It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Martavis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 am 

Sure hope they don’t make him piss anytime soon.

I’ve messed around and played football high before (I’m sure most of us have) and he SURE looked fucking wasted to me.

Something’s going on with this dude. No doubt about it.

Post subject: Re: Martavis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 am 

KC wrote:

I’ve messed around and played football high before (I’m sure most of us have) and he SURE looked fucking wasted to me.

Martavis is playing not to get hurt. You can see it. He has one thing on his mind and that's green, cheddar, coin! Once he came to the realization that he wasn't getting out of his contract and was going to have to wait it out another year, it became all about not getting hurt so he can get paid. The end.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 am 

He's not getting paid. He looks soft, terrible route runner, very indecisive

He will move to a downer team and watch his career die there. Now if he decides to buck up and help. Lets see it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 am 

DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

Martavis is playing not to get hurt. You can see it. He has one thing on his mind and that's green, cheddar, coin! Once he came to the realization that he wasn't getting out of his contract and was going to have to wait it out another year, it became all about not getting hurt so he can get paid. The end.

And, in doing so, he's effectively reducing his own potential offers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:54 am 

DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

Or he just had a bad game. The last three games he was a contributor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:57 am 

86n96 wrote:
DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

And, in doing so, he's effectively reducing his own potential offers.

Oh, I agree, but he's not smart enough (and probably too arrogant/confident) to figure that out. I bet he knows/thinks he will get at least $40 mil over 5 years with $18m guaranteed...and probably will, based on his potential alone. That's a whole lot more than he's making now and probably all he needs to be happy, imo. I'd bet seeing what happen to Shazier last week has affected his play (cautious) more than any player on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:57 am 

I've never seen a guy so afraid of contact. I think one of the other posters are correct in that he's holding out his health for money. However, not a lot of 'winning' teams will pay for his "potential" at this point in his career. Year 1 or 2 sure, but he has a past and now he's not producing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:05 pm 

tazfootball2 wrote:
I've never seen a guy so afraid of contact. I think one of the other posters are correct in that he's holding out his health for money. However, not a lot of 'winning' teams will pay for his "potential" at this point in his career. Year 1 or 2 sure, but he has a past and now he's not producing.

We all know the NFL is a what have you done lately for me league. MB will do what many players playing for money - and not love of the game - do. He will turn it on big time next year; probably the second half the most. Playing to get paid. Once he gets paid, I wouldn't want to be the team writing the checks. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm 

He got yelled at by AB on one play, then Ben a little later for giving up on a route.

The year off has killed his sense of game speed. He’s still fast but he is running at 90% which will doom you in this league.

Am I right that he hasn’t caught one deep ball ALL YEAR? That’s insane.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:18 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

He looked BAKED.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:24 pm 

I don’t think he has been thrown to deep often enough.

I am pretty happy with his progression thus far. I thought the Ravens kickoff expertise caught the team off guard. Big field position problems all game because of this. MB saved us on that 9 yard return. He had no choice.

I think he can and will do better. I like him on the KO returns. I think he will rise up for the playoffs. It will take some strange circumstances to create the right environment for him to have an explosive game.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:33 pm 

Remember when MB took short crossers and turned them into TD's?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRIN7pFmjU

How about being able to locate and catch the deep ball?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLJ4QLYIPCI

By the way, where is that 2nd play anymore? AB in motion who draws the safety up to double him leaving MB all alone down the sideline. Re-Todd needs to put that back into the playbook.

What happened to this MB?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:39 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

He looked BAKED.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:47 pm 

My take.

Bryant is sudden quick/fast.

HE is not a stop and start guy

He is a long strider who builds speed

He is not a double move guy
He is not a smoke screen guy

I will tell you what Bryant is...A hard worker on the field. A very willing blocker and a very good team mate on the field

He is a bigger version of Mike Wallace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:19 pm 

AB was pissed because post catch he had Bryant out in front of him and tried to use him to set up a block for a few more yards.

Bryant didn't block anyone and essentially fell down without even screening a defender to let AB work off of.

Don't know what was up with him last night, but his effort was pathetic as hell compared to what I've seen him give other nights. Something was off.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:27 pm 

I agree with KC. He looked stoned last night. He couldn't track a kickoff in the air for shit. He had slow reaction time all night. Gave up on a lot of plays. Ben led him nicely on a bomb and he quit on it. Terrible blocking for AB on that crosser. I really want 2015 Alien back...but he seems to have returned to his UFO.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:35 pm 

FC wrote:
My take.

I will tell you what Bryant is...A hard worker on the field. A very willing blocker and a very good team mate on the field

I think you just described what Martavis Bryant "was" 2 years ago. We sure haven't seen the same guy this year.

As was pointed out, AB wanted to kill Martavis for blocking absolutely NOBODY, completely due to a lack of focus. Martavis had no idea AB was coming his way and really didn't looked like he gave a shit. No question Martavis' head was elsewhere.

Ben then wanted to fucking kill Martavis for stopping mid route on a deep ball

Then Martavis looked completely unaware kickoffs were coming his way, on more than one occasion.

The guy was either high last night or absolutely uninterested in playing (which has been the case nearly every game he's played in 2017).

He'll never see another contract from the Steelers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:44 pm 

KC wrote:
FC wrote:
My take.

I think you just described what Martavis Bryant "was" 2 years ago. We sure haven't seen the same guy this year.

As was pointed out, AB wanted to kill Martavis for blocking absolutely NOBODY, completely due to a lack of focus. Martavis had no idea AB was coming his way and really didn't looked like he gave a shit. No question Martavis' head was elsewhere.

Ben then wanted to fucking kill Martavis for stopping mid route on a deep ball

Then Martavis looked completely unaware kickoffs were coming his way, on more than one occasion.

The guy was either high last night or absolutely uninterested in playing (which has been the case nearly every game he's played in 2017).

He'll never see another contract from the Steelers.

This is absolutely for sure and I wouldn't give him one either.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:28 pm 

I thought he was HIGH HIGH HIGH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:27 pm 

I agree his playing career in Pittsburgh is over after this contract

Lets take the AB catch everyone is speaking of

AB is lined up as the outside receiver on the left side of the formation
Bryant is lined up as the outside receiver on the right side of the formation
Eli Rogers is the slot lined up beside Bryant
Jesse James is the H Back to the right side of the formation he is offset of the RT

2nd and 4 at the Ravens 40 yard line

Play is a shallow cross

Brown runs the shallow cross
Rogers runs his crossing route about 2 yards too shallow...He failed to get enough depth on his route
James runs a great rub...Picks off a defender and secures the cut back
Bryant runs a hitch...He peels back looking to attack the first inside defender (CJ Mosley)..He ends up blocking Carr

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017121013/2017/REG14/Ravens@Steelers?icampaign=scoreStrip-globalNav-2017121013#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000891355&tab=videos

120 mark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:51 pm 

Does anyone honestly think the coaching staff would not have noticed if he was high last night?

He could have been taking cold medicine or something and put himself out there despite being under the weather.

He has to know any thought about drugs would be career ending.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:20 pm 

VASteelerGuy wrote:
Does anyone honestly think the coaching staff would not have noticed if he was high last night?

He could have been taking cold medicine or something and put himself out there despite being under the weather.

He has to know any thought about drugs would be career ending.

Obviously I don’t personally know if Martavis was high, but he looked VERY OFF in all areas of his game, throughout the entire contest.

That can’t be disputed.

His focus was poor. His effort was inconsistent (I’m being kind) and his awareness level......non existent.

He’s been off the entire year but he took it to a whole new level last night.

.....and I’m a big Martavis fan who, if you read the game thread, had him having a real big night against the Ratbirds. Boy was I way off.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 pm 

Something was off, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until a positive test comes back. I would think anyone under the weather would be hard pressed to report it or want anything mentioned about with #50 laying in a hospital bed and still smiling. I'm really hoping for the best here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm 

dude used to semi fight for yards after catch..now he stumbles around like a new born fawn..odd seeing a man his size go down so easily now..very disappointing..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:01 pm 

Watching his previous clips, he was actually heavier before. We heard about how he hulked up while on suspension, but that's obviously not the case. Just look at his body before and after. He's lost weight for sure.