It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Martavis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:24 am 

Sure hope they don’t make him piss anytime soon.

I’ve messed around and played football high before (I’m sure most of us have) and he SURE looked fucking wasted to me.

Something’s going on with this dude. No doubt about it.

I'll bet you are.

Post subject: Re: Martavis
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:30 am 

KC wrote:

I’ve messed around and played football high before (I’m sure most of us have) and he SURE looked fucking wasted to me.

Martavis is playing not to get hurt. You can see it. He has one thing on his mind and that's green, cheddar, coin! Once he came to the realization that he wasn't getting out of his contract and was going to have to wait it out another year, it became all about not getting hurt so he can get paid. The end.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:39 am 

He's not getting paid. He looks soft, terrible route runner, very indecisive

He will move to a downer team and watch his career die there. Now if he decides to buck up and help. Lets see it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:43 am 

DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

Martavis is playing not to get hurt. You can see it. He has one thing on his mind and that's green, cheddar, coin! Once he came to the realization that he wasn't getting out of his contract and was going to have to wait it out another year, it became all about not getting hurt so he can get paid. The end.

And, in doing so, he's effectively reducing his own potential offers.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:54 am 

DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

Or he just had a bad game. The last three games he was a contributor.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:57 am 

86n96 wrote:
DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

And, in doing so, he's effectively reducing his own potential offers.

Oh, I agree, but he's not smart enough (and probably too arrogant/confident) to figure that out. I bet he knows/thinks he will get at least $40 mil over 5 years with $18m guaranteed...and probably will, based on his potential alone. That's a whole lot more than he's making now and probably all he needs to be happy, imo. I'd bet seeing what happen to Shazier last week has affected his play (cautious) more than any player on the team.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:57 am 

I've never seen a guy so afraid of contact. I think one of the other posters are correct in that he's holding out his health for money. However, not a lot of 'winning' teams will pay for his "potential" at this point in his career. Year 1 or 2 sure, but he has a past and now he's not producing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:05 pm 

tazfootball2 wrote:
I've never seen a guy so afraid of contact. I think one of the other posters are correct in that he's holding out his health for money. However, not a lot of 'winning' teams will pay for his "potential" at this point in his career. Year 1 or 2 sure, but he has a past and now he's not producing.

We all know the NFL is a what have you done lately for me league. MB will do what many players playing for money - and not love of the game - do. He will turn it on big time next year; probably the second half the most. Playing to get paid. Once he gets paid, I wouldn't want to be the team writing the checks. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:10 pm 

He got yelled at by AB on one play, then Ben a little later for giving up on a route.

The year off has killed his sense of game speed. He’s still fast but he is running at 90% which will doom you in this league.

Am I right that he hasn’t caught one deep ball ALL YEAR? That’s insane.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:18 pm 

Zeke5123 wrote:
DP39 wrote:
KC wrote:

Or he just had a bad game. The last three games he was a contributor.

He looked BAKED.

I'll bet you are.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next