It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ryan Shazier sent an Instagram from the hospital after game
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 am 

Just saw it on NFL Network.

Obviously he is immobilized in a hospital bed, but in that brief Instagram, he looked in high spirits.

Was revelling in the win.

PS Maybe it was FaceTime- Tomlin mentioned they had him on FaceTime after the game, but the NFLN showed the Instagram symbol.

Post subject: Re: Ryan Shazier sent an Instagram from the hospital after g
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 am 

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2017/12/11/16760894/watch-ryan-shazier-celebrate-the-steelers-afc-north-championship-in

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:19 am 

Quote:
Missi Matthews‏
Verified account

@missi_matthews
1h
1 hour ago

More
Cam Heyward said the #Steelers FaceTimed Ryan Shazier to tell him he got the game ball and he’ll get an AFC North hat and shirt tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:21 am 

Let’s get Ryan six more game balls, and two more caps and shirts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:25 am 

How is his prognosis looking? I'm not sure I really understand everything that happened with his condition, I just know they've done surgery and his recovery will likely be a few months.

Glad to see he is high spirits, this team needs to make him their rallying cry on the way for the playoff run.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:30 am 

smithessmokin wrote:
How is his prognosis looking? I'm not sure I really understand everything that happened with his condition, I just know they've done surgery and his recovery will likely be a few months.

Glad to see he is high spirits, this team needs to make him their rallying cry on the way for the playoff run.

I’ve seen everything from ‘he’ll be lucky to walk again’ to ‘he may play next year.’ We just won’t know until we know, unfortunately, but obviously we all just want the best for him and his family.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:32 am 

AF Stiller Fan wrote:
smithessmokin wrote:

I’ve seen everything from ‘he’ll be lucky to walk again’ to ‘he may play next year.’ We just won’t know until we know, unfortunately, but obviously we all just want the best for him and his family.

Thanks for the updating me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:03 am 

smithessmokin wrote:

I've read that he has sensation and movement. Doctors are keeping him immobilized until swelling goes down and healed up from surgery. 4-6 month recovery, depending on neurological healing required.