It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ravens game - tips, tricks and tailgates
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:06 pm 

I live a long way from Pittsburgh and unfortunately It's been 7-8 years since i've been to a Steelers game. Adding insult to injury the last game i attended featured the Arians Abortion.

I'm heading to the Ravens game with my son who has never been to a game.

Good dinner spots downtown saturday night? Any thoughts on where to watch the 4:00 games and get food? Any good tailgates? What else do i need to know?

Help a brother out

Post subject: Re: Ravens game - tips, tricks and tailgates
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:31 pm 

I'll be going to the Pats game. So similar questions. Particularly for the tailgate part.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:

How old is your son?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:36 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Lifelongsteel wrote:

How old is your son?

17. Enjoys a beer or 6, so looking for opportunities to sneak him a few

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:52 pm 

Gotcha. Well, my last game was the home opener vs. SF in 2015, so things may have changed a little.

Church Brew Works in Lawrenceville is a great Saturday spot, and it's a pretty unique venue. I have had a great experience with the food & beer every time I've been there.

The North Shore may be your best bet for Sunday. We hopped between Rivertowne, Tilted Kilt, and Bettis' Grill and it worked out fine. Bettis' place was packed, but service was good. I know there are a few other restaurants (Bar Louie and Burgatory), plus I think there's a Southern Tier brewery now as well. There's always Carson Street, if that's your thing.

For a sentimental family-friendly thing - i've always loved going to PPG Place at Christmastime. They have the ice rink set up and the Spirits of Giving displays.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 pm 

The terrible tailgaters put on a great tailgate. $20 all you can eat and drink including cocktails and beer. The food is really good. 1 block from the stadium.

Search for The Terrible Tailgaters on Facebook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:10 pm 

Enjoy the game, LLS! My only advice is being some warm layers— you soft Bay Area types don’t know real winter.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Gotcha. Well, my last game was the home opener vs. SF in 2015, so things may have changed a little.

Church Brew Works in Lawrenceville is a great Saturday spot, and it's a pretty unique venue. I have had a great experience with the food & beer every time I've been there.

The North Shore may be your best bet for Sunday. We hopped between Rivertowne, Tilted Kilt, and Bettis' Grill and it worked out fine. Bettis' place was packed, but service was good. I know there are a few other restaurants (Bar Louie and Burgatory), plus I think there's a Southern Tier brewery now as well. There's always Carson Street, if that's your thing.

For a sentimental family-friendly thing - i've always loved going to PPG Place at Christmastime. They have the ice rink set up and the Spirits of Giving displays.

they have the little German Christmas market set up there. Had an apple strudel the size of my head the other weekend. worth a peak.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:47 pm 

Thanks for the tips guys. terrible tailgaters looks like a good option for a couple of dudes who want to pregame but don't know (m)any folks.

and B2B, no layers for me. i'm going shirtless in hopes of getting on TV.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:12 pm 

I was at the Green Bay fan, upper level. There are some dumb motherfucking fans out there. early in the first quarter there was a big 3rd down play for Ben and the offense. A group of like 5 fans sitting a row above me start yelling and screaming and waiving their towels. I couldn't help myself. In a nice way I told them to shut the fuck up.

I'm sure you bay area cheese eaters really know the game well so we don't have to worry about that....cough cough... :twisted: :twisted: