It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 pm 

Scunge wrote:
I can understand the move of Moats at ILB if that happens. When he was in Buffalo, they did use him early on as an ILB before he eventually moved to OLB.

While I think Fort is probably best in coverage, on early downs Moats could give us a semblance of decent run defense on early downs. Plan might be Moats early on run downs and then he comes off for Fort/Gay, or some other player on obvious 3rd down pass plays?

Since we're likely, to see a lot of the Rat-fucks BIG package personnel on Sunday night, can they at least give Harrison a hat, so he can come in to set the edge, when they decide to run the rock down our fucking pie holes?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 pm 

Gay was alternating with Fort-- they were sending in plays from the sideline, it looked like.

Spence got 1/2 1st team reps, so don't be surprised to see him starting.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 pm 

I remember Moats playing ILB for the Steelers also. Perhaps it was his first season In Pittsburgh.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:03 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Gay was alternating with Fort-- they were sending in plays from the sideline, it looked like.

What I do not understand is how Fort could have problems calling the defenses. He has been long enough to have a good grasp of our system I would think.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Spence was drafted for his football acumen, if I recall correctly. Like Shazier without superhuman athletic ability.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 pm 

86n96 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Spence was drafted for his football acumen, if I recall correctly. Like Shazier without superhuman athletic ability.

Then that gets us beat in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 pm 

Spence was also brought back for his special team prowess as well. You lose Shazier and Dirty Red in the same game, who knows how much time Matakevich will miss but he was one of our best special teams player, made a lot of tackles.

A game or two ago, the Ravens punter Sam Koch threw a pass to pick up a first down on a fake punt.

3 years ago, Sam Koch tried to do the same thing against the Steelers. He threw the ball to TE Nick Boyle but Sean Spence sniffed it out quickly and made the tackle for a loss of 3 yards. Don't discount Spence as a special teams player. It is actually good fortune that we are able to sign a former player who knows the defense and can play special teams as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 pm 

Just think about Gronk. Who covers Gronk?

I think Watt, Dupree and maybe Davis are it, unless they pull a big Allen surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Just think about Gronk. Who covers Gronk?

I think Watt, Dupree and maybe Davis are it, unless they pull a big Allen surprise.

I say Watt all day. TE on TE.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 pm 

Scunge wrote:
Spence was also brought back for his special team prowess as well. You lose Shazier and Dirty Red in the same game, who knows how much time Matakevich will miss but he was one of our best special teams player, made a lot of tackles.

A game or two ago, the Ravens punter Sam Koch threw a pass to pick up a first down on a fake punt.

3 years ago, Sam Koch tried to do the same thing against the Steelers. He threw the ball to TE Nick Boyle but Sean Spence sniffed it out quickly and made the tackle for a loss of 3 yards. Don't discount Spence as a special teams player. It is actually good fortune that we are able to sign a former player who knows the defense and can play special teams as well.

Always enjoy your data driven projections.