It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 511
Scunge wrote:
I can understand the move of Moats at ILB if that happens. When he was in Buffalo, they did use him early on as an ILB before he eventually moved to OLB.

While I think Fort is probably best in coverage, on early downs Moats could give us a semblance of decent run defense on early downs. Plan might be Moats early on run downs and then he comes off for Fort/Gay, or some other player on obvious 3rd down pass plays?


Since we're likely, to see a lot of the Rat-fucks BIG package personnel on Sunday night, can they at least give Harrison a hat, so he can come in to set the edge, when they decide to run the rock down our fucking pie holes?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14068
Gay was alternating with Fort-- they were sending in plays from the sideline, it looked like.

Spence got 1/2 1st team reps, so don't be surprised to see him starting.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 2752
I remember Moats playing ILB for the Steelers also. Perhaps it was his first season In Pittsburgh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:28 am
Posts: 350
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Gay was alternating with Fort-- they were sending in plays from the sideline, it looked like.

Spence got 1/2 1st team reps, so don't be surprised to see him starting.


What I do not understand is how Fort could have problems calling the defenses. He has been long enough to have a good grasp of our system I would think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1403
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Gay was alternating with Fort-- they were sending in plays from the sideline, it looked like.

Spence got 1/2 1st team reps, so don't be surprised to see him starting.

Spence was drafted for his football acumen, if I recall correctly. Like Shazier without superhuman athletic ability.

_________________
KC wrote:
I got nothin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm
Posts: 511
86n96 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Gay was alternating with Fort-- they were sending in plays from the sideline, it looked like.

Spence got 1/2 1st team reps, so don't be surprised to see him starting.

Spence was drafted for his football acumen, if I recall correctly. Like Shazier without superhuman athletic ability.


Then that gets us beat in the playoffs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1292
Spence was also brought back for his special team prowess as well. You lose Shazier and Dirty Red in the same game, who knows how much time Matakevich will miss but he was one of our best special teams player, made a lot of tackles.

A game or two ago, the Ravens punter Sam Koch threw a pass to pick up a first down on a fake punt.

3 years ago, Sam Koch tried to do the same thing against the Steelers. He threw the ball to TE Nick Boyle but Sean Spence sniffed it out quickly and made the tackle for a loss of 3 yards. Don't discount Spence as a special teams player. It is actually good fortune that we are able to sign a former player who knows the defense and can play special teams as well.

_________________
The Steelers have a greater chance of finding a Unicorn, or a Sasquatch, or the Loch Ness Monster than they do in finding another great 3-4 OLB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 14068
Just think about Gronk. Who covers Gronk?

I think Watt, Dupree and maybe Davis are it, unless they pull a big Allen surprise.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1403
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Just think about Gronk. Who covers Gronk?

I think Watt, Dupree and maybe Davis are it, unless they pull a big Allen surprise.

I say Watt all day. TE on TE.

_________________
KC wrote:
I got nothin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Fort vs Moats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:52 pm
Posts: 1346
Scunge wrote:
Spence was also brought back for his special team prowess as well. You lose Shazier and Dirty Red in the same game, who knows how much time Matakevich will miss but he was one of our best special teams player, made a lot of tackles.

A game or two ago, the Ravens punter Sam Koch threw a pass to pick up a first down on a fake punt.

3 years ago, Sam Koch tried to do the same thing against the Steelers. He threw the ball to TE Nick Boyle but Sean Spence sniffed it out quickly and made the tackle for a loss of 3 yards. Don't discount Spence as a special teams player. It is actually good fortune that we are able to sign a former player who knows the defense and can play special teams as well.



Always enjoy your data driven projections.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BethlehemSteel, blu, DP39, GreekSteel, Greenwood13x, JackSplat58, Jobus Rum, Lynch, Scunge, Steel Drummer, VASteelerGuy and 42 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group