It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 pm 

Obviously wrote:
When Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs replaces Ben after he gets on with his life's work, the struggle will be real to keep that non-losing season streak going. Anyone who doesn't believe that is deluding themselves.

I think that nice warm seat in Fox Football TV studios will be looking really good by then

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:32 am 

Coach Tomlin drafted the best Wr in the NFL and the best RB he rebuilt the OL and has got the defense in the 21st century. And he's never had a losing season . I'll take that along with 2 SB appearances and 1win. If we play NE with a healthy Bell we win that game last year in the playoffs. Just like all coaches he has some warts but his positives far out weigh the negatives.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:15 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
It's amazing how many folks would cut off their noses to spite their face.

The second Roethlisberger hangs 'em up, and that time is coming way sooner than we all want to believe, this franchise is fucked.

Getting blown out by New England in the playoffs isn't good enough anymore to anyone with a working brain.

Tomlin slays the dragon, he'll get all the praise he can handle....from everybody.

Until he slays that dragon, he's just a major bullshit artist with elite offensive talent.

You're being silly. I'm sorry, but there has to be options in between "able to beat Belichick in the playoffs" and "laughingstock." How about "good coach who couldn't beat Belichick?"

And you're contradicting yourself. On the one hand you say we're going to suck when Ben retires. On the other, you say we have enough talent now that we should be able to beat New England in the playoffs. Well which is it? Who do you think, along with Colbert, oversaw the acquiring of this talent you say should be able to beat New England? If the talent is all that, then no, we're not going to be "fucked" when Ben retires.

My official position is, as it has been, that we didn't have the talent on D to compete with the Pats last year. This year, with the additions we've made, we just might. I expect a better pass rush this time around and better coverage in the secondary. Given that difference in talent from last year to this, you're going to see a different defensive coaching philosophy when we face the Pats. I believe we have a real chance against the Pats this year.

More like; "inspirational, rah rah, cheerleading motivator gets destroyed again by brilliant strategist".

That's going to be (and should be) the narrative if the Steelers get creamed again by the Pats.

.....the exact same narrative that defined Cowher, because Cowher and Tomlin are THAT similar.

If Tomlin wants to change the narrative, he'd better do it before Ben hangs 'em up.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:36 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
When Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs replaces Ben after he gets on with his life's work, the struggle will be real to keep that non-losing season streak going. Anyone who doesn't believe that is deluding themselves.

Which is utterly trivial to post on your part because all coaches struggle with shitty QBs and a lot of coaches struggle with very good QBs.

Tomlin sucks compared to Belichick and compared to everyone else is arguable better or equal.

The comments about Tomlin earning his money with a shitty QB are too dumb to take seriously. No coach has much success with shitty QBs. If you want to say Belichick does, I point you to my previous point.

Stafford comes to mind; McCarthy with Rodgers. How many playoff wins with Brees?

We should fire Tomlin and hire Zimmerman. After all, 10-2 with Keenum.

Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 pm 

Obviously wrote:

You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:21 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Belichick won with Matt Cassell who is about the same as Landry Jones.

Stick your condescending attitude sideways.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:53 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Tomlin won with Dennis Fucking Dixon, A sundial, a QB worse than Kent Graham, and Charlie Batch. I'll even give you the Cassell comparison, although I think Cassell is better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin won with Dennis Fucking Dixon, A sundial, a QB worse than Kent Graham, and Charlie Batch. I'll even give you the Cassell comparison, although I think Cassell is better.

I must have missed that full season with Dennis Dixon at the helm. Man my memory must be going south

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:58 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

I must have missed that full season with Dennis Dixon at the helm. Man my memory must be going south

I'm saying the totality of who Tomlin had in non-Ben games was the same or worse than BB, and his team won at the same or better rate.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:30 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:

So the coaches who do not struggle when they have shitty QBs? Who are these mythical coaches? Your post is still silly. You didn't fix it. You cited Hoodie and no one else.

MC? Same as LJ? Debatable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next