It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:21 pm 

God damn if he isn't impressive & engaging. I fully believe his well developed line of Bullshit is the exact way he thinks to himself...no offense Swiss. Guy is an open book, which is refreshing, but truthful almost to a fault.

I admire what Belichek has done, but I wouldn't be nearly as rabid of a fan if he coached the Steelers. (I'm outside of Steeler Country). Cowher & Tomlins passion for the game keeps me watching.

Also, this team is pretty good.

Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:31 pm 

VanWilder wrote:
God damn if he isn't impressive & engaging. I fully believe his well developed line of Bullshit is the exact way he thinks to himself...no offense Swiss. Guy is an open book, which is refreshing, but truthful almost to a fault.

I admire what Belichek has done, but I wouldn't be nearly as rabid of a fan if he coached the Steelers. (I'm outside of Steeler Country). Cowher & Tomlins passion for the game keeps me watching.

Outside of NE, every other fanbase would kill to have this guy.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:33 pm 

VanWilder wrote:

None taken, Van. Again, line of bullshit does NOT equate to being full of shit. Check out the SBI piece for this week. I talk about it in there....again. Tomlin's line of bullshit is a gift.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:35 pm 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

Let's not get carried away.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:45 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
ChicagoSteel wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

Let's not get carried away.

I think ChiSteel is right -- Tomlin very highly regarded around the league

That guy will MAKE MANY MORE MILLIONS after he retires from coaching and moves to the broadcast booth. There will be FUCKING BIDDING WARS for his services.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:22 am 

NO DOUBT about that, Steel. I remember Mike Francessa from WFAN saying a number of years ago that Tomlin was the hottest commodity for the broadcast booth at that time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:31 am 

Welp, he has a top 5 QB, the best WR in the league, th best RB in the league and much improved defense.

No excuses this year.

Gotta win real,real big.

Getting destroyed by the Pats in the postseason should make Tomlin a laughingstock.

Christ the fucking Texans with no QB were far more competitive against Brady & Belichek than we were.

Slay the dragon. This year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:13 am 

KC wrote:
Welp, he has a top 5 QB, the best WR in the league, th best RB in the league and much improved defense.

No excuses this year.

Gotta win real,real big.

Getting destroyed by the Pats in the postseason should make Tomlin a laughingstock.

Christ the fucking Texans with no QB were far more competitive against Brady & Belichek than we were.

Slay the dragon. This year.

THIS^

And just a reminder that the vast majority of this board who were on the old board, including me, killed Cowher who didn't have a Top 5 QB (likely his own making) and made the playoffs for most of his career. I treat them the same because they are the same.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 am 

It's amazing how many folks would cut off their noses to spite their face.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:56 am 

ChicagoSteel wrote:
VanWilder wrote:

No question about it. He has his warts but you don’t win 60-70% of games by accident. After seeing some of the God awful coaching in the NFL this year I’m happy we have Tomlin.