It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:46 pm 

Belichick went 11-5 with Casell at QB. Usually that's good enough for the playoffs, so I won't hold it against him the Pats didn't make the playoffs that year. But no one is seriously going to tell me that Belichick would have won the Super Bowl that year with Cassell at QB if they'd qualified for the playoffs, are they? Even Beilichick needs a franchise QB for that. Maybe an interesting question is how good BELICHICK will do without Brady. What has Belichick ever won without Brady?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:53 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!

You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.

Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Belichick won with Matt Cassell who is about the same as Landry Jones.

Stick your condescending attitude sideways.

You're saying that when Ben retires Tomlin won't be able to go 10-6 and make a playoff spot? Yeah, we'll just agree to disagree.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:09 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!

You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.

Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Belichick won with Matt Cassell who is about the same as Landry Jones.

Stick your condescending attitude sideways.

Mike Zimmer is 10-2 with Case Keenum, a 3rd string journeyman?

So does it follow that:

Zimmer > Belicheat (2nd stringer Cassell) > Tomlin (with mystery 1st string QB from the future) ?

We here in the 1st World have too much time on our hands....obviously.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin won with Dennis Fucking Dixon, A sundial, a QB worse than Kent Graham, and Charlie Batch. I'll even give you the Cassell comparison, although I think Cassell is better.

I must have missed that full season with Dennis Dixon at the helm. Man my memory must be going south

I'm saying the totality of who Tomlin had in non-Ben games was the same or worse than BB, and his team won at the same or better rate.

I remember Tomlin getting beat by Ryan Mallette who is pretty much Dennis Dixon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am 

Fact remains, no coaches make runs with shitty QBs and plenty fail even with elite ones. Only exception to not failing with elite QB is Hoodie and half of you moan they cheated to do it.

So this QB argument about Tomlin is utterly silly.

Guy his plenty of worts. But the QB argument is plain fucking lousy.

Line ChicagoSteel and I both noted: Zimmerman must be best coach in the league by far.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:42 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Fact remains, no coaches make runs with shitty QBs and plenty fail even with elite ones. Only exception to not failing with elite QB is Hoodie and half of you moan they cheated to do it.

Line ChicagoSteel and I both noted: Zimmerman must be best coach in the league by far.

A couple of thoughts:
1. Make no mistake I yell it from the rooftops, certainly not moaning about Marsha cheating. Because he did fucking cheat and in my opinion did far more cheating then they were caught doing and nothing will persuade me otherwise.
2. Zimmerman is a damn good coach. Damn good.
3. Just before they wheeled me into surgery for my shoulder last Friday I said to my wife, "if my fat ass has a heart attack or stroke during this surgery make sure you log onto this esteemed website and tell those asshats I'll miss them and to spread the word, Tom Brady is a fucking cheater and will never be GOAT." Then, I told her I loved her and the kids as I laughed while she called me an asshole. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

A couple of thoughts:
1. Make no mistake I yell it from the rooftops, certainly not moaning about Marsha cheating. Because he did fucking cheat and in my opinion did far more cheating then they were caught doing and nothing will persuade me otherwise.
2. Zimmerman is a damn good coach. Damn good.
3. Just before they wheeled me into surgery for my shoulder last Friday I said to my wife, "if my fat ass has a heart attack or stroke during this surgery make sure you log onto this esteemed website and tell those asshats I'll miss them and to spread the word, Tom Brady is a fucking cheater and will never be GOAT." Then, I told her I loved her and the kids as I laughed while she called me an asshole. :lol:

Get well soon brotha, that's also a Realman move! Wife would have hit me before surgery.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Tomlin makes home made beer or whisky?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:54 pm 

Tomlin's record without Ben:

Batch 3-3
Dixon 2-1
Leftwich 0-1
Vick 2-1
Jones 2-2

Total: 9-8

Getting to 9-8 with that crop of QBs is a freakin' miracle! We don't know about Landry yet but none of the others ever played another down in the NFL after leaving the Steelers.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:42 pm 

TTP wrote:
Tomlin's record without Ben:

Batch 3-3
Dixon 2-1
Leftwich 0-1
Vick 2-1
Jones 2-2

Total: 9-8

Getting to 9-8 with that crop of QBs is a freakin' miracle! We don't know about Landry yet but none of the others ever played another down in the NFL after leaving the Steelers.

I believe Belichick is 56-67 without Brady.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next