It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4697
Obviously wrote:
When Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs replaces Ben after he gets on with his life's work, the struggle will be real to keep that non-losing season streak going. Anyone who doesn't believe that is deluding themselves.


I think that nice warm seat in Fox Football TV studios will be looking really good by then


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:04 pm
Posts: 403
Coach Tomlin drafted the best Wr in the NFL and the best RB he rebuilt the OL and has got the defense in the 21st century. And he's never had a losing season . I'll take that along with 2 SB appearances and 1win. If we play NE with a healthy Bell we win that game last year in the playoffs. Just like all coaches he has some warts but his positives far out weigh the negatives.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:18 pm
Posts: 12082
Poltargyst wrote:
KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
It's amazing how many folks would cut off their noses to spite their face.


The second Roethlisberger hangs 'em up, and that time is coming way sooner than we all want to believe, this franchise is fucked.

Getting blown out by New England in the playoffs isn't good enough anymore to anyone with a working brain.

Tomlin slays the dragon, he'll get all the praise he can handle....from everybody.

Until he slays that dragon, he's just a major bullshit artist with elite offensive talent.

You're being silly. I'm sorry, but there has to be options in between "able to beat Belichick in the playoffs" and "laughingstock." How about "good coach who couldn't beat Belichick?"

And you're contradicting yourself. On the one hand you say we're going to suck when Ben retires. On the other, you say we have enough talent now that we should be able to beat New England in the playoffs. Well which is it? Who do you think, along with Colbert, oversaw the acquiring of this talent you say should be able to beat New England? If the talent is all that, then no, we're not going to be "fucked" when Ben retires.

My official position is, as it has been, that we didn't have the talent on D to compete with the Pats last year. This year, with the additions we've made, we just might. I expect a better pass rush this time around and better coverage in the secondary. Given that difference in talent from last year to this, you're going to see a different defensive coaching philosophy when we face the Pats. I believe we have a real chance against the Pats this year.


More like; "inspirational, rah rah, cheerleading motivator gets destroyed again by brilliant strategist".

That's going to be (and should be) the narrative if the Steelers get creamed again by the Pats.

.....the exact same narrative that defined Cowher, because Cowher and Tomlin are THAT similar.

If Tomlin wants to change the narrative, he'd better do it before Ben hangs 'em up.

_________________
86n96 wrote:
I might've finally been right about something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4627
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
When Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs replaces Ben after he gets on with his life's work, the struggle will be real to keep that non-losing season streak going. Anyone who doesn't believe that is deluding themselves.


Which is utterly trivial to post on your part because all coaches struggle with shitty QBs and a lot of coaches struggle with very good QBs.

Tomlin sucks compared to Belichick and compared to everyone else is arguable better or equal.

The comments about Tomlin earning his money with a shitty QB are too dumb to take seriously. No coach has much success with shitty QBs. If you want to say Belichick does, I point you to my previous point.

Stafford comes to mind; McCarthy with Rodgers. How many playoff wins with Brees?

We should fire Tomlin and hire Zimmerman. After all, 10-2 with Keenum.


Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Obviously wrote:
Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!


You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4627
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!


You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.


Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Belichick won with Matt Cassell who is about the same as Landry Jones.

Stick your condescending attitude sideways.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16806
Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!


You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.


Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Belichick won with Matt Cassell who is about the same as Landry Jones.

Stick your condescending attitude sideways.

Tomlin won with Dennis Fucking Dixon, A sundial, a QB worse than Kent Graham, and Charlie Batch. I'll even give you the Cassell comparison, although I think Cassell is better.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4528
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin won with Dennis Fucking Dixon, A sundial, a QB worse than Kent Graham, and Charlie Batch. I'll even give you the Cassell comparison, although I think Cassell is better.


I must have missed that full season with Dennis Dixon at the helm. Man my memory must be going south


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16806
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin won with Dennis Fucking Dixon, A sundial, a QB worse than Kent Graham, and Charlie Batch. I'll even give you the Cassell comparison, although I think Cassell is better.


I must have missed that full season with Dennis Dixon at the helm. Man my memory must be going south

I'm saying the totality of who Tomlin had in non-Ben games was the same or worse than BB, and his team won at the same or better rate.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!


You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.


Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Belichick won with Matt Cassell who is about the same as Landry Jones.

Stick your condescending attitude sideways.


So the coaches who do not struggle when they have shitty QBs? Who are these mythical coaches? Your post is still silly. You didn't fix it. You cited Hoodie and no one else.

MC? Same as LJ? Debatable.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8164
Belichick went 11-5 with Casell at QB. Usually that's good enough for the playoffs, so I won't hold it against him the Pats didn't make the playoffs that year. But no one is seriously going to tell me that Belichick would have won the Super Bowl that year with Cassell at QB if they'd qualified for the playoffs, are they? Even Beilichick needs a franchise QB for that. Maybe an interesting question is how good BELICHICK will do without Brady. What has Belichick ever won without Brady?

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 8164
Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!


You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.


Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Belichick won with Matt Cassell who is about the same as Landry Jones.

Stick your condescending attitude sideways.

You're saying that when Ben retires Tomlin won't be able to go 10-6 and make a playoff spot? Yeah, we'll just agree to disagree.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1519
Obviously wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Oh yes, everyone! Let's all keep our posts in line with Lit's criteria now!


You're quite welcome to show why your post was not stupid. Go for it.


Tomlin will struggle to win when Ben retires. I don't think there's anything stupid about that unless you disagree.

Belichick won with Matt Cassell who is about the same as Landry Jones.

Stick your condescending attitude sideways.


Mike Zimmer is 10-2 with Case Keenum, a 3rd string journeyman?

So does it follow that:

Zimmer > Belicheat (2nd stringer Cassell) > Tomlin (with mystery 1st string QB from the future) ?

We here in the 1st World have too much time on our hands....obviously.

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 4528
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Donnie Brasco wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Tomlin won with Dennis Fucking Dixon, A sundial, a QB worse than Kent Graham, and Charlie Batch. I'll even give you the Cassell comparison, although I think Cassell is better.


I must have missed that full season with Dennis Dixon at the helm. Man my memory must be going south

I'm saying the totality of who Tomlin had in non-Ben games was the same or worse than BB, and his team won at the same or better rate.


I remember Tomlin getting beat by Ryan Mallette who is pretty much Dennis Dixon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Fact remains, no coaches make runs with shitty QBs and plenty fail even with elite ones. Only exception to not failing with elite QB is Hoodie and half of you moan they cheated to do it.

So this QB argument about Tomlin is utterly silly.

Guy his plenty of worts. But the QB argument is plain fucking lousy.

Line ChicagoSteel and I both noted: Zimmerman must be best coach in the league by far.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:14 pm
Posts: 3417
Location: Upstate NY
Still Lit wrote:
Fact remains, no coaches make runs with shitty QBs and plenty fail even with elite ones. Only exception to not failing with elite QB is Hoodie and half of you moan they cheated to do it.

So this QB argument about Tomlin is utterly silly.

Guy his plenty of worts. But the QB argument is plain fucking lousy.

Line ChicagoSteel and I both noted: Zimmerman must be best coach in the league by far.


A couple of thoughts:
1. Make no mistake I yell it from the rooftops, certainly not moaning about Marsha cheating. Because he did fucking cheat and in my opinion did far more cheating then they were caught doing and nothing will persuade me otherwise.
2. Zimmerman is a damn good coach. Damn good.
3. Just before they wheeled me into surgery for my shoulder last Friday I said to my wife, "if my fat ass has a heart attack or stroke during this surgery make sure you log onto this esteemed website and tell those asshats I'll miss them and to spread the word, Tom Brady is a fucking cheater and will never be GOAT." Then, I told her I loved her and the kids as I laughed while she called me an asshole. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2678
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Fact remains, no coaches make runs with shitty QBs and plenty fail even with elite ones. Only exception to not failing with elite QB is Hoodie and half of you moan they cheated to do it.

So this QB argument about Tomlin is utterly silly.

Guy his plenty of worts. But the QB argument is plain fucking lousy.

Line ChicagoSteel and I both noted: Zimmerman must be best coach in the league by far.


A couple of thoughts:
1. Make no mistake I yell it from the rooftops, certainly not moaning about Marsha cheating. Because he did fucking cheat and in my opinion did far more cheating then they were caught doing and nothing will persuade me otherwise.
2. Zimmerman is a damn good coach. Damn good.
3. Just before they wheeled me into surgery for my shoulder last Friday I said to my wife, "if my fat ass has a heart attack or stroke during this surgery make sure you log onto this esteemed website and tell those asshats I'll miss them and to spread the word, Tom Brady is a fucking cheater and will never be GOAT." Then, I told her I loved her and the kids as I laughed while she called me an asshole. :lol:



Get well soon brotha, that's also a Realman move! Wife would have hit me before surgery.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6728
Still Lit wrote:
Fact remains, no coaches make runs with shitty QBs and plenty fail even with elite ones. Only exception to not failing with elite QB is Hoodie and half of you moan they cheated to do it.

So this QB argument about Tomlin is utterly silly.

Guy his plenty of worts. But the QB argument is plain fucking lousy.

Line ChicagoSteel and I both noted: Zimmerman must be best coach in the league by far.
Tomlin makes home made beer or whisky?

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:11 pm
Posts: 238
Tomlin's record without Ben:

Batch 3-3
Dixon 2-1
Leftwich 0-1
Vick 2-1
Jones 2-2

Total: 9-8

Getting to 9-8 with that crop of QBs is a freakin' miracle! We don't know about Landry yet but none of the others ever played another down in the NFL after leaving the Steelers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16806
TTP wrote:
Tomlin's record without Ben:

Batch 3-3
Dixon 2-1
Leftwich 0-1
Vick 2-1
Jones 2-2

Total: 9-8

Getting to 9-8 with that crop of QBs is a freakin' miracle! We don't know about Landry yet but none of the others ever played another down in the NFL after leaving the Steelers.

I believe Belichick is 56-67 without Brady.

_________________
bradshaw2ben wrote:
PIT 30, LAC 17, NFL 16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TTP wrote:
Tomlin's record without Ben:

Batch 3-3
Dixon 2-1
Leftwich 0-1
Vick 2-1
Jones 2-2

Total: 9-8

Getting to 9-8 with that crop of QBs is a freakin' miracle! We don't know about Landry yet but none of the others ever played another down in the NFL after leaving the Steelers.

I believe Belichick is 56-67 without Brady.


Shocker

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:50 pm
Posts: 819
Beleshit was 41-55 prior to creating his fucking video recording cheating with Ernie Adams. He had only one winning season, 11-5 with the Browns in 1994.

Coincidentally he beat the Patriots in the playoffs. That was the Cleveland Browns last playoff win... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 7443
Baltostiller wrote:
Beleshit was 41-55 prior to creating his fucking video recording cheating with Ernie Adams. He had only one winning season, 11-5 with the Browns in 1994.

Coincidentally he beat the Patriots in the playoffs. That was the Cleveland Browns last playoff win... :lol:


He took over a Browns team that was 3-13, so going 11-5 three years later was not an insignificant accomplishment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:53 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 1111
He had them 11-5 and a legit threat until the move debacle. I think 3 losses in the 11-5 year (+playoff w-l) was agst steelers (could be wrong).

To discredit what he did in cleveland is numbers-blind revisionist history. But that's what we do these days so I guess it's expected.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:00 am 
Online

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:48 am
Posts: 1111
That's also the last time the steelers beat bill b in playoffs. 0-3 since.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bam morris, BarryFoster, Miter Saw, SteelBull, Stosh-67 and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group