It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Just watched the full interview of Tomlin
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am 

Still Lit wrote:
It's amazing how many folks would cut off their noses to spite their face.

Meaning what?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:08 am 

Still Lit wrote:

The second Roethlisberger hangs 'em up, and that time is coming way sooner than we all want to believe, this franchise is fucked.

Getting blown out by New England in the playoffs isn't good enough anymore to anyone with a working brain.

Tomlin slays the dragon, he'll get all the praise he can handle....from everybody.

Until he slays that dragon, he's just a major bullshit artist with elite offensive talent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:23 am 

No question tomlins communication skills are a major reason reason he was hired.

Tomlinson is even really good I’d say at drafting as a self proclaimed draft geek.

Where he’s not so strong is in the strategy breakdowns. I remember people talking about John gruden would break down film all fall asleep at his desk, wake up and jump right back into it. Working like 20+ hour days in the season.

That’s not going to be Tomlin. Doesn’t need to necessarily. But I personally would like more confidence at times that tomlin has thought through this stuff on game day. He clearly does not beforehand.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:07 pm 

KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

The second Roethlisberger hangs 'em up, and that time is coming way sooner than we all want to believe, this franchise is fucked.

Getting blown out by New England in the playoffs isn't good enough anymore to anyone with a working brain.

Tomlin slays the dragon, he'll get all the praise he can handle....from everybody.

Until he slays that dragon, he's just a major bullshit artist with elite offensive talent.

You may damn well be right.

But.

Tomlin kept the train rolling while Ben was not playing well. So the idea that Tomlin can't win without "Ben-type B or A level play" has already possibly been disproven.

Whether he can maintain such standards for seasons on end, we have to wait and see.

I'm not looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:35 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

But.

Tomlin kept the train rolling while Ben was not playing well. So the idea that Tomlin can't win without "Ben-type B or A level play" has already possibly been disproven.

Whether he can maintain such standards for seasons on end, we have to wait and see.

I'm not that worried about him keeping the train rolling during the regular season. Tomlin has a shit ton to work with talent-wise.

I'll give Tomlin credit for being an amazing motivator. He is EXACTLY LIKE COWHER. Tomlin's teams play very, very hard for him.

So getting by some meh teams in the regular season while Ben is struggling should be expected.

I'm talking once this postseason gets going, it's time for Tomlin to bring a gameplan to the party that will stifle the Pats.

Gotta happen. Don't give a fuck about him motivating anybody. Time to out-strategize Belichick.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:43 pm 

"KC"]
Still Lit wrote:
KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

But.

I'm not that worried about him keeping the train rolling during the regular season. Tomlin has a shit ton to work with talent-wise.

I'll give Tomlin credit for being an amazing motivator. He is EXACTLY LIKE COWHER. Tomlin's teams play very, very hard for him.

So getting by some meh teams in the regular season while Ben is struggling should be expected.

I'm talking once this postseason gets going, it's time for Tomlin to bring a gameplan to the party that will stifle the Pats.

Gotta happen. Don't give a fuck about him motivating anybody. Time to out-strategize Belichick.[/quote]

Tough to argue any of that. Well said KC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:20 pm 

When Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs replaces Ben after he gets on with his life's work, the struggle will be real to keep that non-losing season streak going. Anyone who doesn't believe that is deluding themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:44 pm 

Obviously wrote:
When Landry Jones or Josh Dobbs replaces Ben after he gets on with his life's work, the struggle will be real to keep that non-losing season streak going. Anyone who doesn't believe that is deluding themselves.

Which is utterly trivial to post on your part because all coaches struggle with shitty QBs and a lot of coaches struggle with very good QBs.

Tomlin sucks compared to Belichick and compared to everyone else is arguable better or equal.

The comments about Tomlin earning his money with a shitty QB are too dumb to take seriously. No coach has much success with shitty QBs. If you want to say Belichick does, I point you to my previous point.

Stafford comes to mind; McCarthy with Rodgers. How many playoff wins with Brees?

We should fire Tomlin and hire Zimmerman. After all, 10-2 with Keenum.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:54 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Which is utterly trivial to post on your part because all coaches struggle with shitty QBs and a lot of coaches struggle with very good QBs.

Tomlin sucks compared to Belichick and compared to everyone else is arguable better or equal.

The comments about Tomlin earning his money with a shitty QB are too dumb to take seriously. No coach has much success with shitty QBs. If you want to say Belichick does, I point you to my previous point.

Stafford comes to mind; McCarthy with Rodgers. How many playoff wins with Brees?

We should fire Tomlin and hire Zimmerman. After all, 10-2 with Keenum.

Also, I don’t think Brady gets the credit he deserves from that duo. Saying Brady is the GOAT may be an understatement.

I’m real interested to see how magical Belichick will be once Brady hangs them up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:11 pm 

KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

You're being silly. I'm sorry, but there has to be options in between "able to beat Belichick in the playoffs" and "laughingstock." How about "good coach who couldn't beat Belichick?"

And you're contradicting yourself. On the one hand you say we're going to suck when Ben retires. On the other, you say we have enough talent now that we should be able to beat New England in the playoffs. Well which is it? Who do you think, along with Colbert, oversaw the acquiring of this talent you say should be able to beat New England? If the talent is all that, then no, we're not going to be "fucked" when Ben retires.

My official position is, as it has been, that we didn't have the talent on D to compete with the Pats last year. This year, with the additions we've made, we just might. I expect a better pass rush this time around and better coverage in the secondary. Given that difference in talent from last year to this, you're going to see a different defensive coaching philosophy when we face the Pats. I believe we have a real chance against the Pats this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next